New XP changes, Expert zones

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wimble, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Breta Well-Known Member

Yet another epic fail. Totally didn't see it coming :D
  2. Ashandra Well-Known Member

seems to be pretty silly is all I can say.
    Oaklite likes this.
  3. Arieva Well-Known Member

Is anyone else seeing a bug in heroic KA content where less players in group are receiving more xp? That mechanic went out ages ago yet my guildies and I witnessed it today after the patch
  4. Jrox Well-Known Member

Yes a 5 man grp got me more xp in a heroic than a full grp yesterday. I can attest to that Arieva!
  5. ratfink New Member

Removal of Heroic and contested xp from all previous xpacs hurts every player 1-100. The ones that are just starting are going to have to run tons more content to catch up... actually they never will.

The xp curve worked when with each xpac there was a level increase.
    For every xpac where mobs did not increase in level ... but did in difficulty the xp per mob never increased. This is where the system became broken.

Original lvl 50
    Dof lvl 60
    Kos lvl 70
    Eof lvl 70 (100) AA xp remained the same as in KoS per mob
    Rok lvl 80
    TSO lvl 80 xp remained the same as Rok per mob
    SF Lvl 90
    Dov xp remained the same as SF per mob
    Aod xp remained the same as in SF per mob
    CoE lvl 95
    ToV lvl 95 340 AA xp remained the same as in CoE per mob
    Aom lvl 100 350 AA
    Tot lvl 100 xp remained the same as in Aom per mob
    KA lvl 100 xp remained the same as in Aom per mob

Since level of the mob is used to calculate the XP you gain from them that is why the xp gained vs difficulty balance is out of whack, not the bonuses for heroics/contested. The base xp per mob should have been increased each xpac.
    Oaklite likes this.
  6. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Well it depends on what type of 'catching up' you're interested in doing. Some people don't like that expert raiders are well ahead of them on the parse. Others don't like that expert raiders as a group are so much more powerful that they can actually attempt to kill a t4 mob.

What I mean is that you don't need insane amounts of tithe to play every bit of this current content REALLY well except for t4 raid mobs. And by the time someone with low tithe would actually be attempting the t4 raid mob, most likely other things will be put in game to be able to attempt to kill them.
  7. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

My thoughts on the changes after only being able to run 1 advanced solo and one expert zone.

1. As Kander already commented, advanced solo dungeons need to give out more experience in order to keep the ascension grind manageable. For people working on their first ascension, the current state isn't too bad. But for those of us who have double the experience, soon to be triple, soon to be quadruple...it's just not enough to be manageable.

2. The expert shrouded temple put me at about 1/3 efficiency compared to the normal event heroic. It went down from a place where I was consistently hitting at 800mil and sometimes 1billion vs the first boss down to 300mil. I'm ok with this, as it's supposed to be harder. However, I feel that since it takes 2 to 3 times longer to complete the expert compared to the regular event heroic, the experience should reflect this time to reward difference. Not sure if it already does, since I didn't get to compare to a regular heroic--especially since we pretty much have to make ourselves weaker by using our leveling ascension in order to make it worthwhile now that there are fewer places to quickly get rid of our ascension xp pool.

3. For people who group a lot, these changes will be nice. However, for people with multiple characters or limited time, these changes definitely would sting a bit--said Captainobvious451.
  8. Elinea Well-Known Member

The thing that would have made sense to do, would have been to boost the exp in KA dungeons to match what was in the older content contested zones, and then leave the old zones alone. It would have given people more variety to choose from in where they got their experience and not hurt those trying to level to 100.

All this does is discourage new players from joining the game, as well as old players from buying heroic characters :(
  9. Altho Well-Known Member

My enthusiasm to play this game has dropped considerably after this last update. Why not leave the old content exp alone, and buff the new stuff to give incentive rather than force players into it. I for one want to play the game my way, not someone else's. I like grinding my ascension exp in the old contested, I'm sick and tired of doing the solos. The characters I use in the old contested are not geared to do heroics, nor do I always have time to invest in them.
  10. duckster Active Member

2500 tithe for a yellow solo goblin in OF vs 7900 for goblin boss in wizard den.

Let that just sink in...one mob being one shotable and other taking a full group to kill(approx 2mins).
    DoomDrake likes this.
  11. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,:(

I loged in today and was wondering about my bad exp grinding on everything, than i looked into patch notes and got a heartattack if i saw what the hell they have done.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

It is hard enough to level one kind of Ascendent up to level 10, now it takes month to level them and how grind tinth points which are verry needfull for everyone especialy for those who raid??.:cool::eek::rolleyes:

I dont know which brainless person has ideas like this, first they solwed our progress by inventing the Ascendent function and now they stoped us more and more by reducing our EXP Bonuses.:mad::mad::mad:

I spend much time and many money on my account i have 18 Toons on Adventure level 100 and 9 on Crafter level 100 for getting the verteran bounus on max level for a better progress on other toons and now the screwed me and all the hours of work in spend in the game were thrown to trash not realy HEY DB WAKE UP if you wanna kill EQ2 go on this way :eek::eek:

It would be a better idea to do a timelimit/ reenter timer to the contested instat of minimize our hard earnd bonuses i dont pay for playing with a used handbreake on to my bonuses ???!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

What will be the next idea a automaticaly DB considdered shutdown of the game if a user plays more then 5hours a DAY or what, we are no kids who ned a look on the chest of sweets we are able to do our own decosons how many toons we play how many we get on 100 for getting more vet bonus or what ever but it wont work to server us patch after patch a ne idiotic idea which os stopping our progression and succes in playing and gameing.

GAME OVER !!!! DB more luck at the next try
  12. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Since new and returning players are now officially the scum of the earth condemned to level up like they have a permanent exp nerf, can we plead for mercy on their (and our alts behalf) and be given free level 100 characters on any character creation?
  13. Jabbso Active Member

Another alt to go through the Tithe/Ascension misery? No thanks.

I'd rather have a serious xp boost on the toon I do play. As a returning player I'm very much behind the curve on both tithe and ascension and now have no real means of catching up :mad::(
  14. Doomravin Well-Known Member

Reminds me,

Thanks for making epic pre-requisites even more painful, boring and deadly dull to do! I thought it was impossible but the folks in Gamebreak proved me wrong and found a way! :confused:
  15. Dinger Member

It is truly amazing how often they can not just do simple positive moves like this. It's mind boggling.
  16. Ratza Well-Known Member

How on earth can anyone level 90 get to 100 in Skyshrine or level 95 get to 100 in HKC when both zones are camped by max level players (usually the same few players over and over) one shotting everything preventing lower level players from actually leveling in these 2 zones. Not to mention the pain it is for mages to get their epic update in the Kraelet Contested because 1 or 2 players are camping that zone killing off all the names over and over. I've tried to occasionally do the weekly in that zone to farm the ToT coins and sometimes it takes me 2 weeks to kill 10 names because that zone is camped 24/7.

DBG really should add a couple contested zones to KA like they did in AoM...they also need a merchant who can sell temp adorns for our KA coins so we don't have to rely on ToT coins/merchant.

I'm with everyone else...make KA content xp gain better than these other zones so players want to do their KA solos/adv solos/heroics/pq's/etc.. And please please please do something about the xp curve for Tithe!!!!....when only a handful of players took over the above mentioned zones then only that handful of players got the full benefits of farming their tithe experience for the past year and the rest of the players were left SooL.....and now the rest of us are given an even harder curve. I enjoy a challenge too....but tithe farming was tedious and frustrating when you look at time versus gain....and now it is even worse. :-(
    Meneltel likes this.
  17. Whiomaju Member

It's because they feel they have to control the progress of the top end. This nerf is aimed at stopping the top end players from growing too strong by farming tithe and then blast through T4 once the progress blocks are lifted. For that reason the Devs are now nerfing the entire community (again) under the guise of a "massive" xp boost (which it isn't)...

The one positive change I see is the weekly boost to ascension. It's nice not to be leashed to the daily scroll grab, if nothing else. Haven't seen the expert loot yet so can't comment on that. But overall the nerf to xp is very demoralizing.
    Jabbso, DoomDrake and Mizgamer62 like this.
  18. Jabbso Active Member

I'm amazed there are no contested zones in Kunark Ascending considering there were so many in the original Rise of Kunark expac. Karnors Castle, Sebilis and Chardok were all excellent zones!
  19. Billzbub Active Member

After reading this thread, I think there is some confusion in what exactly it means to remove bonus experience from non-KA zones. Before reading the thread, I thought they meant that contested zones have a multiplier that they apply to combat experience, and that they were taking that multiplier away. After reading this thread, I think people are under the impression that veteran bonuses, experience potions, and vitality don't work anymore. This is a very big difference, and it needs to be set straight.

Here are some specific questions that need answers:
    1. Do contested heroic zones have combat experience multipliers, and were they adjusted for non-KA zones to decrease experience in them?
    2. Do zones other than contested heroics have multipliers that were adjusted?
    3. Was the veteran experience bonus (getting a 20% boost per level max level toon on an account) affected?
    4. Are experience potions affected?
    5. Is vitality affected?

From what I remember playing last night, the answers to questions 3, 4, and 5 are no.
  20. RadarX Community Manager

Folks please ensure you keep all discussion constructive and on topic. Thanks!