Massive issues after patch...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Jumpity, Jan 12, 2017.

1. RadarX Community Manager

The issue is in the process of being resolved and shouldn't be a problem for the weekend.
  2. harvash Active Member

One does not need to download the whole game - one does need to read previous posts though.

The issue is reportedly part of the streaming client, so downloading the whole client removed you from that architecture.

Seems like every time someone gets the smallest glitch, the immediate response is to reload the whole game - kinda like using an atomic bomb against a rogue ant hill. People do it at my work all the time - then call us because they don't remember how to set things up, have lost passwords that were auto saved or just generally have borked everything up by not allowing us enough time to fix the real problems.

The devs are aware, they are working on it - do yourself a favor and let them fix it and save tearing your hair out with a new install.
    Prissetta likes this.
  3. Rolant Active Member

Is the crashing issue still being worked on?
    Obulus crashed during PQ again... (as of 1:30pm PST)
  4. Gninja Developer

Yes, we are working on it.
    Xillean, Rolant and HaphazardAllure like this.
  5. Coriel Active Member

Looks like a rollback will be a good idea.
    With the frequency of instance/zone/character crashes the only viable playstyle at is solo and tradeskill (with interruptions of course).
  6. Gninja Developer

We will be getting the fix in today for all servers. Still working on a time frame but hopefully not too much longer.
    Rolant and Xillean like this.
  7. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

I don't use the streaming client, but the full download, and had the loading UI resources problem. Not to long after seeing reports and posts from developers here that they are working on it, I was able to log into the game not long after.

Thank you for looking into this and getting these issues fixed quickly. It is appreciated by some :)
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

just crashed while in fens and have I use full download. I'm on halls of fate.
  9. Alenna Well-Known Member

and crashed twice on halls of fate again in obulus frontier trying to to the tradeskill weekly adn dailies/
  10. Jumpity Member

Dev post, direct quote...

In-Game Update from Gninja:
    If you are having issues with extreme lag and art not loading please logout and rerun patcher and check the Full Download on the Select Game Version screen. Then Validate Game Assets. We are looking into it still though. We are running a process that should correct the missing data on some of the patch servers. It may take about an hour to fully run.

The only thing that fixed it was just what the Dev said, redownload the game. It fix all the issues.
    Might want to know what you are talking about before talking... Just saying...

11. Alenna Well-Known Member

I already have it full download. and did a validate still crashed.
  12. Jumpity Member

Maybe this downtime will fix it. We shall see
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  13. Jumpity Member

They are not very good at getting info out to the players. Servers are going down for the "fix", so how long are they going to be down for?

No patch notes...
  14. harvash Active Member

These actions merely "fill in" any missing files...it doesn't just willy-nilly download the whole game. Also, doing what gninja said is much different than "I downloaded the whole game".

Seems I am not the only one that should know what they are talking about.
  15. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

Server side problems won't have patch notes. Not many of us would understand them if they did :p Fixing technical issues is enough for me.

Unless they do change something with the game of course. But seemed like a server issue.
  16. Aezazal Member

Username checks out. Servers will be down for at least as long as the patch takes. Could be years,
  17. Jumpity Member

Nope, you are wrong. It downloads the whole 19gig game again. Please get correct info and know what you are talking about because I did it and I do know what it does.
  18. Jumpity Member

Every patch should have notes. Any change we ever made to anything required a detailed note of what was changed and why it was changed, If you couldn't explain that your fix never got rolled out..

But we had a team that knew what they were doing....
  19. ShaggyBodom Well-Known Member

If they change something in game yes, but I fail to see why we as players need to know what they did to fix a server issue if that is all it was? They can provide themselves with the list sure, but why would we need to know the technical info?

I am also back in game after the servers went down and I didn't download a patch or any sort of data at all.
  20. dakota New Member

OK this inst fun reinstalling my game for this bug simplify this make it work test it send devs in to test server before releasing to public never had to do this in the 10 years Ive played just spent 3 hours waiting on my assets to install if this becomes a issue you lost my money sorry daybreak not going easy on you guys