Bring Aspect of the Brood to Everquest II !

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kaennara, Jul 5, 2016.

1. Tameran New Member

A dragon illusion would be awesome. There are several models in game that are beautiful, imo.
  2. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Race to Trakanon Reward: Illusion Trakanon

Heck, imagine a full on dragon merc, like a full-sized Mr. I-Don't-Fit-On-The-Screen-At-Max-Camera Xygoz.
  3. Kaennara Member

Well, I do not mean to be argumentative; but, do they have to be involved in the lore? There are quite a few things that exist on Norrath that do not really have to do with lore at all. The wing mounts are a prime example of such items.

If making it a mount is a bit of a challenge, perhaps it could be made as a charm.

Also, if people really want it to be integrated with the lore, perhaps it could be involved in a quest involving the orbs of omnipotence, which some will recall are involved in the Darathar questline: with the sage of ages, Nagafen, Vox and well... Yeah, Darathar.

http://eq2.zam.com/db/quest.html?eq2quest=9c0cfbafb309711b19b079ccf602d163

Come on designers, let's give it a chance! You gave it a chance on Everquest. I could see it being a big hit!
  4. Kaennara Member

Oh! Even have it be a reward for the race to trakanon event! That would be a really cool reward
  5. Nkito Well-Known Member

I don't keep up with the lore side of things but I do see how it would take away from the dragons if we were all flying around just as grand as them.

Kerafyrm/Harla/etc dragonette flying illusion sounds great as long as it retains somewhat leaner proportions as its shrunk (or even slimmer like Eashindor or Leizoth drakes).

Is it possible to make illusions only appear when flying, even when mounts are turned on? I ask because the main reason I stick to flying wings is the limited real estate I take up on the ground.
  6. Bazinix Member

I agree on this! I want like the Ice Dragon as an Illusion..Full Adult.. Because Ice! also When you use a mount it Stays active and the animations of flying is replaced when your flying.. So an illusion that can work with Flying like in the nights of the dead illusions!

So like Todays Illusion Boxes, But can work with mounts! And with the correct Animation... So when running/walking on the ground.. Then when Flying.. the Flying animations start playing ^^ I really want this to be a thing! Also make sure that It dont look Stuiped when Running or Flying.. Like how Eq1 has it.. *shivers* it really wrecks my eyes.. and have it Function with Emotes and other things.. But really id BUY Seriously here.. BUY those Illusions Right off the market! Id roleplay to my hearts content ^^
    Also my guildmaster even treats me as a Dragon as we have a Massive guildhall and he really really made me a Hoard place... treasures galore! Id be so happy and content.. Please make this a thing!!!

And dont get us Started with Sizes As you know We seen plenty of Ogre Characters with mounts and they like being big and we dont see anyone complaining instead we see them going Ooooooooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

As for lore reasons.. We helped the dragons of Skyshrine.. im possitive they like us.. hell they like me and im an ally to them! So it works ^^
  7. Lasai Well-Known Member

There should be a limit on how large player illusions can be. Something this big should not be allowed indoors or in Cities, IMO.

And, I do not "ooooo and Ahhhhhh" about Ogres at any time, much less on oversized mounts.
    Avahlynn, Dude and Merriel like this.
  8. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I have a RP guildie who RPs being a dragon. He would like that very much. He spends more time in another game where he can BE a dragon (paid members have that race option). Our guild hall is big enough in many places for that, I think. And its not the skyshrine one either hehe.
  9. Froglok Member

What game is that?
  10. Bazinix Member

the game is called, Istaria: chronicles of the gifted

Its a 12 year old game. Very popular.
  11. Svenone Well-Known Member

12. That guy. Well-Known Member

I want that for my Freeblood!! Hear me, and hear me very well, Ttobey!!

Also, these would go very well as rewards for a cross promotion event! https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ss-promotion-event-between-eq-and-eq2.571761/
  13. Fleurs Active Member

I would prefer a fully playable new races for Akhevan.

As for the arms, upper left and lower right arm show primary weapon, upper right and lower left arm show secondary weapon, it would make a nice assymetrical display of weapon.
    On ranged, dual bow.
    Of course, stats wise, you would do same damage than anyone else.
  14. Bazinix Member

Then make another topic of it, this is about Dragons, the aspect of thr brood in EQ2..now back on topic!

i have an idea! you could make it that if you have an Aspect of the brood Claim still unclaimed.. can Convert it into Eq2! and you can have that dragon form.. can be a Rare thing.. and can make the loot packs more sought!
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

If it ever comes to EQ2, then this has to be implemented. People like to sit in the crafting areas blocking all the NPCs already. I can't even think how bad it would be with a huge dragon illusion or mount.
    Lasai and Avahlynn like this.
  16. Meaghan Stormfire Well-Known Member

Oh god, Horizons. I remember that game. What a broken nightmare that was.
  17. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Agreed. And I'm no fan of some full sized dragon grouping with me to kill orcs in the Sinking Sands, much less running say, the tov. or to go craft and behold, next to me a huge %# dragon is daintily knitting some tranquil slippers. It's just not what our lore supports, dragons don't dwell in Freeport working on their trade skills and leveling. And yes there is a certain dragon inna certain city of Coldain, but he's not moseying around at the bell and broker. It's a good thing he isn't. We couldn't see around him.
    Lasai likes this.
  18. Bazinix Member

the game holds 100+ players a day... Its becoming more and more popular everyday.. They have no problems with the Crafting Stations with dragons... I do think its more like you guys have something against dragons in general.. I have not seen Anyone do anything what you said... Only time i see a big guy is in a City being AFK in the main road.. and its Useily an Ogre.. Also you have nothing to worry about growth things.. Just set the Basic dragon Size to the Wyvern Simple...That illusion..

If your complaining about Massive Illusions... *points to the Giant illusion Guides give out freely* they are 4x bigger then any other Illusion and you dont see anyone Complaining about them do you?
  19. Lasai Well-Known Member

I'm complaining, but at least Giants are generic races in Norrath even though the illusion is annoying (and would be unwelcome in most of Norrath)

Lore wise, RPing as a Dragon is pure god modding. Dragons in EQ2 are not a generic race. They are few, named, known, and shape the world. There is a reason not to allow players to assume that role, as much as not allowing "illusions" of the Gods, Mayong, Lucan, Antonia (besides the obvious poor mask) and any other EQ2 persona of note (No one should "RP" being any of these). Some things just need to be set aside from the player character and remain singular and uncommon.

I don't have anything against Dragons that aren't attempting to eat me. I respect their unique role in EQ2 which should not be belittled with common illusions and bad RP. Let them remain the only Dragons in game.
    Avahlynn and Dude like this.
  20. Bazinix Member

And Dragons Always turn up as guides... If your all so Worried about it, Just allow this, Those that still have an Aspect of the brood from Eq1 unclaimed.. Allow that to be claimed on Eq2.. Rare again.. And you wont have metas.. and those that do have it will be Rare.. like the real dragons in lore wise...

I just feel that most just hate dragons in general.. Id say let all the races have a shot being an illusion.. Also... Inspeaking of witch..

Im pretty sure devs could say.. Oh the race of so and so can interact with so and so to join so and so alliance so and so...