Thoughts on a new TLE server with compensation?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Tooloose, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Datoon Active Member

Drunder is the new naughty step.. Your account gets sent there if your deemed to be breaking the rules, those rule being applied at the discretion of the games controllers... Just ask apparently and you can be there! You can bott and scam to your hearts content... Again not sure if it's PVP, but it would be fun, if it were.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

clearly this guy has blinders on and wants to blatantly ignore everything that has happened before they showed up again. ahh well the posts will be entertaining before he probably wanders off again.
  3. Tooloose Active Member

My sides are in Mars. That's hilarious.

Are they the body snatchers? If so, they'll never get me.
  4. Datoon Active Member

Oh! And like DT it gets no support, so some fun things happen... lol
  5. Tooloose Active Member

(Disclaimer: the only people dumb enough to take more than 99.99% of the things I say as me being serious are trump voters or just plain goofy.)

This game has been around for eleven years and for the amount of times sony/DBG has talked about their love for their fans of eq2, they sure haven't showed it.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.
  6. Frinch Well-Known Member

Uh... Did the OP just ask them to do stuff?

~F
    Mizgamer62 and Phee2 like this.
  7. Adevil Well-Known Member

Yeah, he wants a new dead server.
  8. Tooloose Active Member

Swear to god I'm surrounded by a bunch of thrown in towels.
    Prissetta likes this.
  9. Deveryn Well-Known Member

What's the point of TLE if you give people max level toons?
  10. Lexxiii Active Member

I play on Deathtoll and sadly the population has declined but that is not the devs fault. Its crap like this post. Everyone expects everything when the point of a TLE server is to work from the beginning and earn what you get. Not have it handed to you.
    About the titles... Some people never join guilds. When I was on Naggy I fought a few people on the regular who werent in a guild but had slayer, destroyer, overlord, etc. How are they supposed to use teamwork and work with a guild when they enjoy the solo pvp experience.
    Instead of complaining and making ludicrious suggestions, why dont you do what TLE servers are about: Make a toon. Run old content and level the long hard way, level up your crafting by yourself. Who cares if you get ganked? Thats the beauty of it. You can get attacked anywhere.
    Ultimately. Deathtoll is dead because of players like you wanting everything and not willing to work towards it and grind the old fashioned way. Thats not the purpose of a TLE server and defeats the purpose. Go out and grind!!!! It isnt that hard to do.
  11. Satyr Well-Known Member

It really isn't, it's because no effort was put in to the server.
    Ceyllynn and Eradani like this.
  12. Lexxiii Active Member

Effort was put into the server. I quit playing on Deathtoll because of me raiding on Skyfire and being the only Mystic in my guild. But when I played and do play on DT the devs put in as much effort into DT as they did SH. PvP could be alive, and we also need to realize there wont be another Nagafen.
    Im sorry for believeing this, but the devs put a lot of effort into DT. And I think they did a great job for as little time as they had!!!
  13. Satyr Well-Known Member

Gninja please. There wasn't a fix on dispatch for 3 months. That alone tells the story. I've seen fan servers run better than Deathtoll and Stormhold.
  14. DAN F Member

Nope note a good idea imo
    Storm hold is far from dead.
    Starting a character at the max level defeats the purpose of doing content.
    How would you propose to fix even more issues that this would create. That's a rhetorical question...
    Do you really think any developer at daybreak Would even give this a moment's thought ( another rhetorical question )
  15. Eradani Well-Known Member

possibly it was an ok job for as little time as they had but it wasn't at all ok a great job for how much we paid.
    Ceyllynn, Meneltel and Ishtara like this.
  16. Ishtara Well-Known Member

I agree, and had things gotten fixed in a timely manner, people wouldn't have left and they would still be paying, we would not be in the mess we are now... :(

Not to mention that the majority of DT subs are from veteran players who now feel like they were cheated and no longer trust, and will likely not continue to support/invest nor have interest in new projects. I have to wonder if this was an intentional quick cash grab like some people seem to think or just really poor planning? I mean hosting beta over a holiday week when they know that their employees will be off for two weeks and not be able to provide support for that time... it can't be intentional right? If they truly want to make this work and have any chance of salvaging the server, they will need to offer some kind of incentive to get people back and at the same time open up dialog between the company and the customers to build trust again. We need to know that when we pay money for a product that they will continue to maintain it, and be more transparent about their plans going forward.
  17. Satyr Well-Known Member

A little of column A, a little of column B. The TLE release was very close to ToT's release. Given the team's limited resources this was either because of awful planning or because they needed a cash injection to push the new expansion. I would imagine that they expected to maintain a stable population for six months with next to no development time, and then anticipated a tail-off after that. What bothers me is that both of these servers could have been far more successful with just a part-time developer dedicated to working on them for 2 days a week. These servers must have been ridiculously profitable, and the drop in numbers must have been unexpected.

The other thing these servers do is encourage free players on Live to subscribe. Maybe they've achieved that?
  18. Bosque Member

The only thing to be really upset about is this... the changes needed for Deathtoll were simple things that did not take much coding, however they took forever to fix them. Some of the things like pvp ranged damage was never addressed. Another hard to accept fact is many of the issues that hindered balanced pvp were things they actually broke after the release of Deathtoll.
  19. Tooloose Active Member

Read the thread before posting. Dont tell me you did because it's obvious that you didn't.

I heard from a friend about the beta over a holiday weekend. Didn't think it was true... but then again, some management from Sony is still left over in DBG and well... anyone who knows what was that still is should know the horrors of what that implies. Ever since the end of TSO and when John Smedley left, I felt like the game was slowly becoming a cash grab.

They could've released the coding to the public, but no. That would be sacrilege to them.

IT'S OUR PRECIOUS.
  20. Tooloose Active Member

Read the thread english esl pro