Free Transfers for Merged Servers starts Thurs, Dec 3

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Gulaep Well-Known Member

On a side note here, perhaps I missed it but one thing I don't recall seeing mentioned is after we use the transfer token and tell it where we wish to move to, are we supposed to stay off our characters? I imagine so, but for how long are they to remain offline for this to happen?

Thanks
  2. oldskool Active Member

IIRC, when you do the transfer the game will camp to your character selection screen. You can then play the character on the new server right away.
    Gulaep likes this.
  3. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Oldskool, this is good news! I shall name a critter in my backyard after you. Would it be a hummingbird, honey bee, butterfly, cricket, squirrel, pigeon, sparrow, or love bird? Choose one. :p

Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: I forgot the lizard. He too shall have a name should you so desire.

~Gulaep
  4. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Also have crows but well, Brandon Lee was the best Crow ever so, you can't choose them for naming.
    HaphazardAllure likes this.
  5. dorotea Well-Known Member

I just hope your crows are staying out of trouble. Near us, there was a crow on an overhead power wire. A second crow landed next to it but the first crow flew off. The township police nabbed crow number two and arrested it for attempted murder.

((a group of crows isn't called a flock it is called a murder - police used to find bodies of murder victims by seeing where many crows were feeding or waiting to feed))
    Gulaep likes this.
  6. Cloudrat Well-Known Member

No mail on my toons. Arrgh thought the 7am downtime was going to be it /cry I got up early after seeing 7am downtime I planned to be up lol my bad. Guess I will whine in chat until 10:)
  7. Gulaep Well-Known Member

Won't be any from Daybreak until about 10 AM PST in case you were looking for the transfer tokens.
    Kittybock and Cloudrat like this.
  8. Spiteblossom New Member

I must agree, Myself, my fiance, sister and her husband have all taken random breaks and are on several servers.
    I talked them into coming back once we could all play characters on the same servers again. And we have all played since Beta and been gold members. I am an altoholic and have several accounts. So not all are gold, some are silver.
    As is with my other family members. After hearing that it's now only for paid accounts I am devastated because I know they will not come back. And I have no further justification to give them because I feel so badly right now.
    Sincerely unhappy Evil High elf of NAJENA.
    ~Deadrose~
    Prissetta and Rose like this.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Darn, you ruined my fun....I was going to say he could not play that toon until Dec 25th ;)
  10. KitsTreasure New Member

I'm actually very concerned because I have been an all-access member since 2004. For the first time in years, I had a 1 day lapse in my all access due to a credit card expiring. Yet, due to this, I now cannot gift on the marketplace (It says that I have to be an all access member for 30+ days before I can gift things) so now, am I to be left out of the free transfers? I have three accounts, my husband has two, my children each have an account, my brother has an account, my mom has an account. ALL of these accounts were effected by this same issue. Are ALL of our accounts out of luck?
    Rose likes this.
  11. Kelvani Well-Known Member

The second you renew the membership you should be fine Kits.
  12. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

The statement, in the original post, for the transfers is the Account must be at least 30 days old, not that it be All-Access for 30 days. This is different from the Marketplace rule.

The timing to use the transfers is:
    So you must use them during the that time frame.
  13. dorotea Well-Known Member

>So you must use them during the that time frame<

The language used by DBC can be read two ways. One is that you must *use* the tokens within the specified time. The other is that you *get* the tokens within that time and no characters created later can transfer for free. The first interpretation is easily the most likely but the second is by no means irrational and I don't know that they have officially said which they meant.
  14. Xper Well-Known Member

I truly appreciate the lack of DBG response to this. "Free transfers for characters who were affected" for months, then without any real comment changed it to "Free transfers for characters who were affected and who are also gold-members". Then 9 pages of comments in the thread they announced it, and no DBG response at all.

/em fingers in ears eyes closed "nananana nothings happening nananan".
  15. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

https://assets-cdn.daybreakgames.com/uploads/dcsclient/000/000/102/361.jpg
  16. dorotea Well-Known Member

That link is definitive - thanks.
  17. Elfie New Member

I see a bunch of FTP members complaining that they might not receive the free transfer tokens. Always amazes me when someone receives something for free and still complains that they want more.
  18. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

We were promised otherwise by Holly. That is where the anger comes from. She should not have said all would get a free transfer if that wasn't the case.
  19. Gharish Active Member

For almost 7 years I have paid a membership and spent cash in the store to support this game, but no more. Hit a spot of RL and had to drop my account for a bit. Not coming out at the begging and stating this transfer would be for all access only was the last straw. Like many, I was excited to move a couple toons to be with friends. Another poor decision DBG. From now on LOTRO gets my hard earned cash and support.
    Rose and redwoodtreesprite like this.
  20. Gharish Active Member

Exactly Sprite. Thats why Im done with this game.
    Prissetta and Rose like this.