Maj'Dul Down

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Deveryn, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Deveryn Well-Known Member

2. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Yup, I was in the middle of the Hedge Maze when it happened.
  3. pzpz Active Member

TWEET THEWINDSTALKER HURRY
  4. redwoodtreesprite Well-Known Member

Thing is, there is only so much time for my silvers to play on Maj'dul each day now. Because of that accursed queue...
  5. Katzandra Well-Known Member

The game quit responding and I was cast back to an empty character select screen indicating (I hope) that Maj'Dul is down and not that my characters have all been absorbed to the ethernere. The fact that this happened during the second server merge brought on a horrifying thought.......... which is probably best left in my imagination.................

Now I log in with some of my characters indicating the server is down...... Why oh why does the box on the main webpage say it is up? I so wish this feature would be made more accurate or just be removed.
    SierraDawn and Dolphinsgal like this.
  6. Dolphinsgal Active Member

I wasn't in game when it went down but have been trying to log into Maj'Dul and it says down and I only have 4 out of 8 toons showing. I am prob having the same nightmarish thoughts you are. I hope the server just went down for a few and no major issues and will be back up soon.
  7. KakVander New Member

I was also in the middle of killing the last named i needed for a quest and the server crashes at 5%... Sigh.
  8. Evilgracie Member

I got booted out of Maj'Dul, login screen says down, but DB says it's up. Once again, something happens during a timeframe where we want to be playing, how can I get double XP when it's down and why is it during the week when most people work? I haven't seen any compensation for the Maj'Dul victims especially since we were the poor slobs to suffer the first server merge.
    Winterseve likes this.
  9. Roostar New Member

Same here I was flying between islands in Sundered when it went down. Argggggggggggg....... I think I still may be falling :)
  10. Phoenix New Member

When I tried logging into a toon, it went to character select screen instead. Maj'dul is shown as being down. Looks like something is going on.
  11. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

They flipped the wrong switch apparently...
    Phoenix likes this.
  12. Asavi New Member

Yep. Just tried logging in. *sigh* I'm home sick from work--wanted to game! Any word on what's up?
  13. Katzandra Well-Known Member

I just hope that switch didn't involved copying the other merging servers to ours. :eek: There I let my nightmare out!
    Scrappyz likes this.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

server suddenly went down a few minutes ago. i can't find anywhere that anyone said anything about an update. any idea of why and when it will be back up? tried to get in and got "trying login server 1"
  15. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Beta is up...........
  16. Roostar New Member

Yep there another thread for this too, nothing on EQ2Wire or Twitter yet about reason or ETA
  17. LithiumDragoness New Member

Happened to me too. :/ as far as i know not suppose to take it down? I'm clueless as to what is going on. Will some Dev enlighten us?
  18. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

that's not helpful lol I can't get FS tokens on beta :p
    Spextasy and Kiwi like this.
  19. Evilgracie Member

Well it went from DOWN to LOCKED. That's a good sign, I hope.
  20. suka Well-Known Member

i don't understand why, whenever something goes wrong unexpectedly, people come here feeling entitled to compensation. it is life. things go wrong. you don't get compensated when a transformer blows and your lights go out. we got our stuff back - well most of it but the few things i didn't get back i was able to replace. my important stuff came back. that is all we asked for and all we should get.

to make demands just because something went wrong, why? i am very happy with the fact that only a few things went wrong and they were fixed. i don't feel entitled to anything more. i feel blessed and am grateful to have a game where people care about fixing issues.

and servers crash. that is part of today's world. crashes for unexplainable reasons. grow up already.