TLE server, market place items and xp potions...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Taemek, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Taemek Member

Just want to say, I am pretty disappointed.

I was fine with them not getting the game back to its 100% original state, I was fine with people shelling out dollars for cosmetic itemization.

Now I am hearing XP potions and a range of other items will be available from the Marketplace next week, completely dissolving any nostalgic effect this could of had by accelerating peoples levelling speed and decreasing the amount of time these expansion releases take.

Not real sure I want to continue to pay a sub fee for something I thought was going to be a more *real* mmo experience in todays already saturated cash grabbing machine.....
  2. Blade Parker Active Member

I'm still having fun on it, but I was looking forward to a sub only experience again without the marketplace.
    Filly67, Moonpanther, Rozyn and 3 others like this.
  3. Taemek Member

Yeah that's the thing for me as well.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Circadian72 New Member

Why does my use of an xp pot destroy your nostalgic experience? I think people just like to complain about anything and everything. The rate at which I level has ZERO impact on your game play. Unless your my husband and I out level you.
    Icaen_01 and Dread1313 like this.
  5. Blade Parker Active Member

As it is, I feel pressured to level up quickly or I won't get a vote.

Just wondering, were you here before ftp and the marketplace came about? It was a different atmosphere where people earned gear, mounts, levels etc... I remember saving for a mount forever! Now everybody has special items and nothing is special anymore.
    lonestryder and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Dixa Active Member

xp pots are a choice, it's a choice to use and not use them. if you feel you ar leveling too fast even without htem, right click your xp bar and hit 'disable adventure xp', "disable quest xp" or both.

you have options to be slow. those that want options to be fast will have them - at a price. xp pots make this company money.

the bogus argument about leveling up to get a vote is gone - level 1's can vote here now that was announced almost two days ago.
    Dread1313 likes this.
  7. Veems Member

Any and everyone who is in the pro exp/vit pots crowd have completely missed the point of these servers, Period.

Yes, to everyone who is going to pull this nonsense of "why does my use of an exp pot ruin you nostalgic experience?" Thing, yes for everyone's information it greatly effects "my nostalgic experience". This is considered easy mode, plain and simple.

Most on this server are trying to relive the glory days. Many are wanting to experience each and every level. The grind and glory of getting through every level and reaching the cap. It will ruin the accomplishment. While some people it will take 3 week, others it will take 3 days.

By the time people get to the point of where they can raid, many will have already cleared, geared out, and the server ready to be moved on to the next expansion.

How in any way does that bring back the "nostalgic feel"

And yes this is the potential effect of exp/vit pots.

If you want 50, earn it, don't buy it. Go to a regular server if you can't understand this concept.
  8. Blade Parker Active Member

It's not a bogus argument. Bogus would be fake and until a lower level can vote, it's a legitimate argument. You make it sound like it's was never an issue. Up until that change is confirmed, it DOES matter how fast OTHER people level up on this server. I didn't hear this announcement and it would be quite reasonable to believe that most other's haven't heard either. Where was it announced? By one dev in a sea of posts? I must've missed it.
    Taemek likes this.
  9. Dixa Active Member

if holly herself posts that change, the change is confirmed. are you not reading other threads?
  10. Blade Parker Active Member

No, I don't read other threads. I have committed to only one thread per week so it's difficult for me to find new information. Perhaps this week I can make an exception if you post the link.
    Ajjantis likes this.
  11. Taemek Member

My entire argument is, people are paying subscription fees to access these servers and thus, marketplace was never around until when, KoS?

Therefor Marketplace should not be allowed until KoS.

The whole point was to allow people to relive the old days as best as they could give us given the issues they encountered, and for now I have been wrapped with what they have given us.

If they start allowing us to buy the stuff they suggested in that poll we were recently sent which I voted No on everything in there, or add XP potions, I am cancelling my subscription.

I came back here for one reason, because I am sick to death of the current cash grabbing market the MMO industry has allowed itself to fall in to. This is as close as I can get to a real MMO experience, and if XP pots are introduced, as people above have pointed out, it negates the entire experience.
    lonestryder likes this.
  12. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Here is the link to the thread I got the below quote from.

Mizgamer62 and Blade Parker like this.
  13. Blaupunkt Active Member

I agree 100%, why turn this in to another "live" server, it well get there sooner or later anyway, my year sub finished a couple of months ago I did not renew it, however I did renew it to play on here, as did my wife, if this server turns in to a copy of the live servers faster than it needs to I personally will just un sub again.
  14. Blade Parker Active Member

Thanks! That's good to hear... I still don't like all the marketplace overall but at least now the XP Pots won't affect the votes. Smoke 'em if you got 'em! I personally would like to see a minimum of 90 days per release... and even that will go by quickly.
  15. Iklossis New Member

Hi and sorry for the noob question, long time EQ player, more or less first time EQ2 player (I played briefly in beta and launch but quit very early on). I was thinking about subbing for the time locked server, is it still worth it or will I be all alone? Currently playing on the RP server and I gotta say I'm having a blast!
  16. HaphazardAllure Well-Known Member

There are tons of people to play with on TLE, you will have a blast! :)
  17. Papablaze Member

I highly doubt that anyone who does not use EXP potions will be left behind, and I also think that a large portion of the player base wont even use them. Without even trying to grind or be the first to 50 I'm almost 38 already, and I already feel that my exp bar moves a little too quickly. I might purchase a vit potion to make tradeskilling a little less painful but to each their own in this end.

Daybreak gets money, meaning more attention towards these servers. EXP pots benefit players that work and don't have the time to play and catch up to their friends or raid. I am entirely fine with the marketplace until they add anything that gives another player a pvp/pve advantage over everyone else.
  18. Silverdragonx Member

where did you hear that? that's disappointing. It seems our votes and wishes don't even matter any more when it comes to profits. If you put in exp pots at least let us use our veteran reward ones. Probably won't happen though since no money there.
  19. Kendayar Active Member

get over yourself man it's not that hard to get to 50 right now. not everybody's idea of nostalgia is sitting around in a city all day since some of us actually killed those dragons you only read about on the wiki. potions or not it doesnt magically make groups fall out of the sky for you.
    Circadian72 likes this.
  20. Fetish Well-Known Member

Anyone here back when pay to play was the only option...when the only XP bonus was vitality...when you couldn't just buy your way into 400% xp gain...those people might remember the community. It was different...and while different isn't always better, in this case, in my opinion, it was better. Free to play and pay to win changed the game. It attracts a different mentality of people...

One of the reasons that the TL Servers are so wanted/loved/needed is because it gave back a lot of the "old school" game that the old Pay to Play players loved. The Marketplace is here to stay...but DBG should be careful that they don't ruin the amazing thing they created. The TL servers could be long term playing clients, or a short term money grab...the outcome will be determined by the way DBG handles it. All I would recommend to DBG is that they already have a certain play style accommodated on the normal servers...they should be careful about ******* up the TL servers by bringing that play style there also. Supporting two types of players will keep them both around. Catering to one will get them what they already had...a fading game.