Yet another: G:\live\eq2\framework\core\devices\DirectX9RenderDevice.cpp (6282)

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Suncats, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Suncats New Member

was playing EQ2 about 6 months ago an everything was just fine. I have played on and off for years and have 5 toons already.
    Bunch of friends decided to try it out, so I downloaded the latest from the website and installed.

When I start I am getting this same "non-helpful' error message I have see all over the forms in multiple threads.
    Here is my system info:
    Update OS with patches, graphics drivers up to date.

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.150312-1556)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: alienware
    System Model: Area-51 X58
    BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/03/09 21:04:10 Ver: 08.00.15
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
    Memory: 12278MB RAM
    Page File: 3127MB used, 21561MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 x 2 (In SLI mode)
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce GTX 260
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_05E2&SUBSYS_058510DE&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 4068 MB
    Dedicated Memory: 869 MB
    Shared Memory: 3199 MB
    Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Dell 2408WFP(Digital)
    Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum.dll,nvwgf2um.dll,nvwgf2um.dll
    Driver Version: 9.18.0013.4144 (English)

I have tried playing around with the EQ2Settings for resolution, full screen/windowed, etc.
    Bunch of times I get the error right away other times I get the blank login screen with music and the cursor. Nothing else.
    Sometimes after waiting a couple mins the cursor will change to a hand; but still nothing working.

This is really frustrating since reading all of these posts, trying tons of stuff and getting none of it to work.
    It seems most of this stuff has been going on for a while; but the most recent release seems to have affected more people.
    What does not make sense to me is my other friends were able to download and run fine. One of them has a worse laptop config than me and he is running it too?

Other than standard OS and graphic card driver updates I have done nothing to my system. So from being able to play EQ2 4 months ago to not even logging in is really frustrating.

I really hope the SOE/Day Break Games is looking at this issue. Since it seems to me more of a 'code base' issue with the latest release.
    Please lets us all know what is going on and if there is any kind of actual work being done to fix this issue?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Suncats New Member

Update:

After reading a bunch of other forms and finding out that you can have DirectX 9 & 10 & 11 all installed at the same time, since the files are specifically named based on version of directX. You can find the files in windows/system32 and they should look like ???x9_##.dll.

I found this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8109 which allows you to down load the runtime installer. It will ask you where to upack the file (I put in temp directory), then find the DXSETUP program an run it. It should/might install some missing files for you.

Even after doing all of this and hoping it would fix the issue (even rebooted my machine) I am still unlucky enough to get the DirectX9RenderDriver error :(
    Have tired multiple display res etc in the EQ2setup; but nothing seems to get me in.
    Guess I will go back to playing LOTR, StarTrek Online, Final Fantasy XIV (running in DirectX9 c mode).
  3. Chanov New Member

Final Fantasy XIV is actualy very good. BTW try change settings in launcher menu and use window mode, not full screen (helped me once a time ago). Good luck.
  4. Suncats New Member

Another update:
    I have uninstalled the EQ2 I downloaded from EQ2 site and tired the install from Steam for the free play. Wonder of wonders that works well enough to at least play the intro move. I was having some hope.:)
    But then of course when the move was done it too crashed with the same stupid error.
    I will try ever possible screen res in windowed mode, then every one in full screen; but I am sure it will not make any diff.
  5. Lamatu Active Member

6. Reggie777 Member

For what it's worth, I've been there done that with DirectX. I've uninstalled the game, reinstalled the game. Installed the older version of DirectX, and all to no avail. This problem has been going on now for some time. This, and the client server has stopped working error. Next time, look if the error message starts out G:/Live. If it does, there is nothing you can do. As I understand it, the G:/Live error is a flag, a placeholder for the devs to see what the error actually is. Until they find a way to address it, there is nothing you can do about it.
  7. Feldon Well-Known Member

Suncats, you are omitting the most import part of the error message, the actual DirectX error...

If the error message is "Failed to create D3D device for <video card name>", then download and extract these files to your EQ2 directory:
    http://eq2wire.com/files/dx9eq2.zip

Also, there is no benefit to uninstalling and reinstalling EverQuest II.
  8. Suncats New Member

@Feldon & Lamatu:
    Thanks for trying; but I had already done the 4 dll file and that did not help.
    The full DirectX error is:
    I have also tired the multiple screen res, etc and they all give me the same thing.
    Guess I will just have to wait a couple months until the devs figure out what the real issue is and upload a patch.
    Thanks all.
  9. Feldon Well-Known Member

I don't see an error message.
  10. Suncats New Member

DOH!!.
    I know I copied the error msg; but must have forgot to past it.
    Here is now.
  11. Mori New Member

I am still waiting and having no luck. The only response I get is on how they are working on tickets as they come in, then saying that, this has been going on for over a month. I have no clue what to do, and am getting more and more frustrated by the lack of co operation.
  12. Suncats New Member

Ok, this is insane.
    I paste the image I copied in the reply and it is not showing up?
    It was showing "DirectX9 (Unkown)

Now that the hell is going on?
    I just started it again to get the error message and it game up to the character screen.
    Only thing is I have Final Fantasy XIV running in the back ground.
    This is totally insane now.

I will still wait for a fix from them
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

You cannot paste an image from your computer into a web forum and have it work. The file actually has to be uploaded somewhere on the internet so that other people can see it. imgur.com is a free hosting service that requires no registration, so I'd use that.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Mori like this.
  14. ZUES Well-Known Member

I recommend Photobucket too.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feldon like this.
  15. Mori New Member

We have done everything please believe that. My son is much more skilled than I at these things. I have uninstalled and reinstalled like 4 times now......it is always the same. I love this game but if something does not happen soon that works...where npc's have feathers and books, the globes have more than the base, my home stays in one piece....what choice do I get....and I paid for this ****@
  16. Mori New Member

Good to know for next time bt you see someone left me a message to do that....I had no clue at all. When I had problem with Blizzard it got dealt with fast and satisfactorily, cannot say the same. So excuse me for not doing it right....but I have tried everything else with Daybreak, so I took the suggestion.
  17. Feldon Well-Known Member

Mori, I understand and am sympathetic to the fact that you are having a rough time, but I have read all your posts here on the EQ2 forums and the only issue you've mentioned is that you have some missing house items. This is something Customer Service needs to fix for you, and would not be fixed by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Nothing about your character, inventory, houses, etc. is stored on your PC.

If you are indeed having a DirectX-related crash, then please post the exact error message. Thanks!
  18. Suncats New Member

Update;

This is totally confusing me now.
    I have the 14 day free trial of Final Fantasy XIV installed. If I run the launcher, enter my username and password and then login; it takes me to the game start screen, etc. I never actually 'start' the game.

Then I go back to the EQ2 launcher and run it, wait for the play button and click on it.
    EQ2 will start right up and take me to the character select screen.
    I then go back and shut down Final Fantasy XIV and select a toon and it logs in fine for EQ2

Now I have both of these games installed in two different directories on my hard drive.
    Not sure if that would help any of the 'devs'; which I am sure are looking at this issue; but that is what is working for me now.

If I do not follow this step, then I get the same DirectX9RenderDriver.cpp error as always.
  19. Mori New Member

That I am not sure about. I only put EQ2 on this computer deliberately to see if having WOW or Final Fantasy was the issue. It should not be causing you these problems.
  20. Mori New Member

I only just learn of posting to the forum when the missing items came up but please believe me I have copies of everything sent to Daybreak since they said I was not a member over 3 months ago. So while as I too understand what you are saying, I unfortunately know more about what is going on with issues concerning Daybreak.