Be careful what you delete!!!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gerak, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Suka,

• I have often thought the same...maybe from another company. I agree some posts have been pretty dark, of late.
    • On the topic of careful deletions: I wish if they are going to delete posts, there would be a Marker inserted in the thread that comments have been removed or that the thread has been moderated. Not necessarily for each comment removed, but some replies I've read really do not seem to make sense in a couple threads. Well, then again, maybe they did not make sense to begin with, due to others posting all at once.
    suka likes this.
  2. Nethe New Member

Seriously people, there is no paid troll conspiracy. Posts have been dark lately because of things that have happened lately.

If a company was gonna spend money for new customers they wouldn't cast their net in a shallow and drying pool.

There is no need to seek conspiracy when there is a real reason present, willful delusions aside.
    Deveryn, syberghost and Maddest like this.
  3. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Exactly! I recently purchased Dragon age inquisition for PC and now enjoy every second of playing time. This game was developed for few platforms besides PC.
    Mermut likes this.
  4. suka Well-Known Member

there are some items in the game that are no destroy, but if you really want to you can destroy them. because they are no value, no destroy, you can't sell them or transmute them. the best way to not accidentally destroy are transmute is to make sure your ui asks you permission and to confirm every thing before you do.

as for a copying you, not sure why you are nervous about it, but that is the nature of a forum. at least we know who he was talking about or to and the context of his reply.

and about paid trolls, we don't know whether they are paid or not, but it is well known that some trolls come to certain game forums to work for our competition. it is no secret in any industry. they differ from shills in one way. shills are hired by a company to go into their own forums and test the waters. they usually throw out controversial stuff to see if people are for or against it when a company cares enough about their customer base to find out. although people think shills are there to promote the business, they really are checking out the atmosphere and reporting back.

the special type of troll on the other hand goes to the competition to see how the atmosphere is and to try to stir the cauldron. they do report back to the company. but often they are there to contribute to the confusion and unrest of a situation. if you think they don't exist and are not here, then you either have blinders on or you know very little about the way online businesses with forums work. no forum is immune to them. they actually are here. we just have no clue as to who they are.
  5. Charlice Well-Known Member

only when Roth quotes me lol. ;) I nervously wonder how he's going to pick apart my post.
    suka and Griff like this.
  6. Griff Well-Known Member

I was actually compelled to "Like" his post...It's a Jedi Mind Trick, be careful!
    Charlice and suka like this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

@pawder. I feel sorry for you. you can't get a point across without swearing (yeah we aren't fooled by the change of a letter) or breaking the forum tos by flaming and bashing and calling people names. I guess that is because you really don't have a good point to make. someone with a good point can usually make it in an intelligent manner.

the game isn't broken. if you really feel that way, can i have your stuff when you leave?
    Griff likes this.
  8. suka Well-Known Member

lol we all feel that way about certain people who are kind of lighthouses of intelligence. I try to remember that he is trying to enlighten me and grow from it. and i take it all with a grain of salt.
  9. syberghost New Member

Per another thread, evidently the purchasing page for these is broken. Another great reason for them to just add TOTP support, give a link to Authy, and move on. They don't make much of a profit on those authenticators, so they can't be married to that as the only solution. They cost like $24/apiece unless you sell a lot of them, and even the steepest discounts don't get much below $10 until you're into huge numbers. I think even Blizzard only gets them down to $6.50, which is their cost. I suspect DGC is selling them pretty much at cost as well.
  10. suka Well-Known Member

after the hack they gave away those for a very low price and paid the premiums for people. it was to build customer confidence. i don't think they ever intended to make a profit from them. i also noticed they are more trouble than they are worth. i know plenty of people who had to get help from customer service because they couldn't log into their accounts due to the authenticator.

it would stop working and nothing they could do on their end would make it work again. they kept getting kicked when they would try and of course after so many tries they were locked out completely.
    Siren likes this.
  11. Pawder Active Member

Another blue server clone. Enjoy your game. If they didn't take the PvP thread away you blues would never see me. Until a big change takes place I will continue to post in any thread. I glad you feel sorry for me. My point is PvP was the best part of this game and they ruined it. Does it matter to any of you? No. Do I care if it matters to any of you? No....
    Filly67 likes this.
  12. Gilasil Active Member

I have no problem with the OP. Don't give out your password (duh, they've been harping on that since forever but people still do it -- naturally if they get burned they were "hacked" LOL). Be very careful what you delete. If you delete a character by accident you have only yourself to blame. Sheeze you have to type in the name of the character to finish the deletion. Hint: PAY ATTENTION!! Also pay attention when you're deleting items.

And for those worried about being hacked here's another hint -- have an up to date virus scanner, scan regularly, and keep up with the latest patches. MAYBE even avoid the really sketchy websites (I know, I know, that's a lot to ask) Again, people have been saying this for about forever yet some people still think they're special and don't have to worry about such pedestrian things. Until they do. Except then it's someone else's fault, never their own.

They didn't say there were suspending all CS. They're just making players take a little responsibility for their actions so that what CS they still have can concentrate on things out of the players' control -- not handholding people who can't listen and have only themselves to blame for their problems..
    Wanderingbat, syberghost and suka like this.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

geez - reminds me of the truckers when they are putting down the fourwheelers forgetting that sometimes they and their families are fourwheelers. i would never want to play pvp. plain and simple. not my thing.

and my feeling sorry for you has nothing to do with you loosing your forum. it has to do with the fact that you obviously have a problem articulating and getting your message across without bashing someone. i always feel sorry for people who don't know how to adequately express themselves because i believe it is a personal problem and not a language barrier. in some small way, i can identify. when i was young i often was so shy and lacked confidence so badly that i couldn't get words out. but i outgrew that. hopefully you can too.
    Griff likes this.
  14. Charlice Well-Known Member

His posts always make me giggle, but only when he's quoting someone else. :rolleyes:
    suka likes this.
  15. Charlice Well-Known Member

You're a tad rude for my liking. I will no longer see you in any post EVER, as the ignore feature is alive and well in forums.
    Griff and Xillean like this.
  16. Xillean Well-Known Member

Ahh ignore is a wonderful thing, that is all.
    Griff, Lucus, Charlice and 1 other person like this.
  17. suka Well-Known Member

think i will do the same. thanks for reminding me of that feature
    Xillean and Griff like this.
  18. SOE-MOD-17 Member

Locking this, as it is no longer constructive.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.