Test Server and the lack of Guide Quests

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kuulei, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Kuulei Well-Known Member

As far as I know, the only Guide Event NPC is located in Everfrost on the dock at /waypoint 39.72, -15.80, 113.56
    Currently the NPC is still offering a Frostfell-oriented Quest.
    I think it quite unfair that Test is missing out on one of the newest Guide Events:
    [95] Altar of Malice - The Nebulous Newsies (Solo)
    Category: Phantom Sea
    To Start: A role playing Guide will give this quest in Cardin Ward in the Obol Plains.
    You must be at least Level 85 to start this quest.

Rewards:
    Is there anyway to update the Guide Quest of perhaps add an NPC in Cardin Ward to off this wonderful quest?
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, we usually have plenty of NPC Guides here and there; look up the quest you want on like Zam or Wiki, and what information they usually have about the quest at all comes from Test (but yeah, apparently we need one there for that new quest. They'll get around to it, I'm sure [I hope!]). :)

Uwk
    who loves Test for that reason, among many others :)
    Cloudrat likes this.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Goodness, excuse my horrid grammar in my O.P.
    Still recovering from illness and I was somewhat delirious while posting that at nearly 3 am :p
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  4. Lizabethan Active Member

Seconding my support. This is a great quest status-wise, and we know that if you have a guild on Test you're not rounding up twenty friends to grind writs ;)
    Ocarinah and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  5. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'm adding my voice in support. HoT may already be 100, but other Test guilds are struggling. ... and that extra storage space from the bag would REALLY come in handy!
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Me too!

I don't play as much on test as I once did but it really would be nice to have NPCs for the new ones!
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

I support this as well.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Too true...but hasn't it always been the way, pretty much? I've been on Test since 2007, and I seem to recall a lot of cricket-chirping (one reason why the Bookworm in Maj'Dul sells Advanced Volumes as well as the regular ones for crafting, and why the NPC guides [well, also to test the Guide quests, no doubt]), even back then... :-/

Uwk
  9. Canth Active Member

Bumping in an attempt to get the Newsie NPC added to Test. I've done it on numerous alts on Live, but can't even get the quest on Test.
  10. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Back in 2010 when Freeport was the F2P test server there were no guides. The quests were available either from NPCs or clickable landscape items. Those all disappeared when all servers went F2P and we got REAL guides /happy dance... /waves at Squeecha :D

Test server really should have some way to get the Nebulous Newsies quest. Since the guides are volunteers....aren't they allowed to visit Test server? Seems odd.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Guide Event NPC is located in Everfrost on the dock at /waypoint 39.72, -15.80, 113.56
    and is still offering an OLD FROSTFELL Guide quest.
    Will this EVER be changed to a different guide quest and how about changing it to: The Nebulous Newsies
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

I'm okay with the old Frostfell guide quest being there (I like those robes) but yes, I'm still longing for the Newsies on test =)
  13. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Well It seems if we could test copy a toon over to test like we can for beta that would make it a lot easier to get more ppl involved, maybe? I have a lil toon over on test and i prolly don't play it as much as I should only cuz my older toon went missing but thats beside the point.I guess I better crack the whip on the test toon. lol Seems every quest including Guide quests should be on test.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ABSOLUTELY! :D

Uwk
    Ocarinah and Kuulei like this.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

They don't have this because test is an actual server with people there full time (or at least half time split with more populated servers), no server wipes.

We just want the guide quests that are available on the regular live servers to be available on the test server. =(
    Alenna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Oh, that snowman was on Freeport during the F2P trial when Freeport had no guides. Just ran around on the test server and looked up the 2 other old Freeport guide quest NPCs that I could remember the locations of (I know there were others):

Antonica - Harlan <Guide quest> /waypoint -1275.2 1.78 818.67 gives The Gnollish Menace
    Darklight Wood - Frizwat Plitzwaddle <Guide quest> /waypoint -188.9 -59.2 113.1 gives Glow as Brightly
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Was one of them the Erollisi Mistletoe one in The Commonlands? That poor Troll gal has been a fixture there for as far back as I can remember. She needs to find herself a nice Troll boy! ;->

Uwk
  18. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Don't think I found that one. Did manage to pick up Love Potion Number One from somewhere...still haven't finished it :)
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

That might've been it; the reward I always chose from it was the house item, the Mistletoe. ;->

Uwk
  20. Dyeana Active Member

Yes, I tried to get a guide to support going through the moderator. Wasn't suscessful. Got a nice reply from the Senior Guide stating they do not support Test server. Even tried to bribe. <sigh> Sent the following;

Is it possible to get some Guide Support for the Test Server? And get Test Server added to the "Guide Events - Everything You Need to Know!"?

Only would need an occassional few hours every now and then due to our small population. We also have a Test section the messages to all players could go out to. :cool:

We'll even bring the Maple Blueberry Pecan muffins and Lots of coffee:D Many of us would love to help out the Newsies.

Thanks for consideration.
    Unless we can come up with another bribe <<Grins>> or something, I am not sure it will happen. Maybe some support from "GhostBusters" is needed to find a suitable polterguist who is up and availiable in Obol Plains. Some Newsies do show up in Test Server - Obol Plains - Cardian Ward which I think dialog could be added.

Any ideas folks on how to proceed or solution to get the newsies their due assistance?

Dye