Need more Etyma, please!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Samael, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Kalika Well-Known Member

Someone mentionned making 104 units/week + extra from heroic content if any.

I don't see how :
    we have 2 picklaw, 2 VP, nexus, the Hive, 2 in the other temple : 8 instances = 56
    weekly quest : 10

=> 66 a week (assuming you play each day 1-2 hours if you a ranger, 4-5 hours if you a healer).

You get 1-2 units if you are a crafer => 14 + 10 from the weekly =24

So i get 90, where are the 14 missing ones ?

Thos 90 number is the upper bound, I will probably get at most 40-50.
  2. Valkysas Member

Wow tried that with the panda expansion no what happened ? over a mil subs lost gating stuff behind daily's is a bad ideal in any game and makes you feel like you should be being payed to play the game if you can call it playing and not a chore instead
  3. Draylore Well-Known Member

I can agree with the working with others for recipes and such.........that doesn't have constraints imposed that are out of our control.

But good luck finding a optimal group to run these heroics at a pace that is reasonable with reasonable success rate. Even as a guild.......its hard to come up with 4 solid instance group setups on off-raid nights. Not even gonna mention the risk of doing pugs.........can spend an entire week pugging on not get any currency.

I think more ways to earn currency at a reasonable steady rate solo is what is needed....especially for those with little time or resources between raiding.

Also, being in one of those many raid forces that did not have any gear auto-upgraded we have had to gem whatever we got...cryptic, etc just to get ourselves to the HP gate to play around in the new raid zone. To expect a guild that likes to raid to spend a month (highly optimistic) or more trying to farm heroics for gear and grind for currency before even EM raiding is somewhat unrealistic.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

And how many Subs did they lose in the closing few months of CoE due to their being nothing worth doing any more?

Either way, people get mad and quit because everything isn't handed to them on a plate forever.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Etyma added to raid mobs would be a good start imo. Would it benefit the solo players? No, but then they aren't spending their time raiding, so can get Etyma other ways.
    2 Etyma per ToV Raid named would probably be a suitable amount. Would mean if you cleared Sanctum each week, you got 22 Etyma. Is it game changing? No, but it'd help.

Also being in one of those raid forces that didnt have gear auto upgraded, we spent a week getting heroic gear, and now most people have a decent chunk of the blue/green slot gear, and raid zones are plausible again with no issues. Yes you won't have purple adorns, but its still doable without.
  6. Draylore Well-Known Member

Sounds like your guild is a lot more functional outside of raiding than mine =P

If EQ2 was a game that still had healthy active populations of good players then this whole system would not be so bad.

But its not. Some servers are in really bad shape.

I actually used to enjoy running pugs back in the day ......but today its too much of crap shoot........too many crappy *** tanks that think they can DPS, healers that ignore they can cure ...DPS that never got the memo on what joust means.........and scripted encounters (which i like but not unless group knows what its doing) makes the whole prospect distasteful. Spending 3+ hours with low chance of success or walking away with currency is not my idea of good time. I do that a lot when raiding as it is but I at least get DKP for it. :)

Forcing this level of forced grouping under those conditions was a bad idea given the state of the game and will most likely only serve to make the state worse rather than fix it.

2-4 successful heroics a night is just out of the question unless you have a perfect pre-made group all the time.

If Etyma would drop off raid bosses and chance off trash like Obols did it would help.
  7. Daray Well-Known Member

My opinion is that the current etyma reward rate is more than sufficient for my own needs.

I don't really need them to be like spirits and obols (where even now I have 2500 spirits and just shy of 10k obols on just one of my toons).
  8. Regolas Well-Known Member

You sir, play too much.

I've never had more than 10 spirits / 100 obols.

I don't group as much as I'd like (still not got to group gear level for ToV yet) but I try to when time allows.

Currently sitting on 4 etyma.
  9. Draylore Well-Known Member

Let me trade my 1000 spirits for 10 etyma :)
  10. Tigerr Well-Known Member

God, the one time they set the prices right and force you to run the zones everyone complains. When stuff costs 2 etymas and you have 3k+ i'm sure you'll come back here asking for more content to run. SoE did something right.. Just stop.
    Daray and Errrorr like this.
  11. Draylore Well-Known Member

I don't mind having to run zones but with how heavy scripted the zones are and the fact that the player population in general sucks ...unless you have a perfect pre-made group your bound to spend alot of time and get nothing.

Either give me a few more ways to earn the currency on my own or in raid or dumb down the heroics so its not a massive risk doing pugs.

I would prefer the former since I like the encounters.........well except that gyro dude in Nexus.
    Wirewhisker likes this.
  12. Kwikdeath Active Member

I would agree there are some pretty terribad players trying to pug these days. Not sure if it is reading comprehension or what but you would think if the zone requires 560cc and they are rolling in there with 450 they would think to themselves that there is a problem. I can see if you are taking under geared people from your guild thru the zone to get them upgrades, but when you are joining a pug at least meet the minimum requirements. If I join too many more ToV groups where I call in and I'm doing more dps than the rest of the group combined I may just give up pugging again. (Thankfully I got my charm from HoB last night)

All that said, in a week I have about 100 etyma, so I would agree they are not that difficult to obtain. The cost of everything isn't all that high, but it would be nice if we could pop off the gems from gear as we do with adorns (hopefully they'll fix the dislodgers ASAP to work with purples since I put bolster on a cheapy piece of gear last night :( ). If we could buy the gems knowing you can reuse them I don't think it would be quite as bad, as we could reuse them on other gear, pass them to alts, etc. one we had geared up and moved onto raid gear. If someone fully gears in heroic gear and max gems plus has a couple of alts they want to gear there is just not a feasible way they can get enough gems to gear them all currently with the current system.

I'm not into making it cheaper, as I think that cheapens the reward that you get for the time put in. There needs to be a good amount of work put in to receive the initial payoff. That said, making a player grind another 2000 etyma to gear an alt is borderline lunacy. I am all for not giving things away, but once we have put in the time to get the time to get the gems for the heroic gear let us keep them on our account (let us pop them off gear and keep them heirloom).

There is a great disparity between wanting a handout (i.e. People wanting green gems for 5 etyma), and not wanting to bash your head into a wall for months (i.e. Grinding 2k etyma on main to gem out gear, the redoing for alts that you want to use and may raid with). Letting people keep their rewards they earned for accomplishing various things is much better than destroying those rewards when they want to upgrade gear.
  13. Sandora New Member

14. Regolas Well-Known Member

I play around 10-20 hours a week. 6-9 of that is raid time.

I don't think that's a small amount of time investment but appreciate that others play a lot more, but also many play a lot less.

I understand it's a fine line between catering for people that play 40+ hours a week and people that play 10 hours a week, but overall I think this xpac, and in particular the cost of things with etyma, is too high for people who can't play full time..

My play sessions outside of raiding is generally 2 hours maximum, once or twice a week. Even if I can get a group made and in a dungeon in that time, I'm probably only looking at 12-15 etyma a week over 2 dungeons with the weekly and a few daily missions.

Compare this to CoE, where each item cost 10 obol (some even less), yet every single heroic boss mob and random trash even in the overland zones dropped obols, and I wonder why they made etymas so much higher. Ok, so we don't have rarer spirits or essences, that could be a reason, but personally I think the cost is too great. Spirits, in their current state, are quicker to get than 25-40 etyma, unless you have lots of tradeskillers who you don't need etymas for.

I believe, that if 1 etyma dropped off each boss mob and randomly off trash (like obols), then the prices are fair. Otherwise, they're too high unless you are constantly on grinding, which I don't think is the majority.
  15. GrouchyMouse Active Member

I would LOVE and really APPRECIATE it if Greater Spirits and Obols could be traded for Etymas, please!
  16. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

17. Lygerr Active Member

even those who would have 3000 etyma could spend them in a heartbeat with the current system. and those who would have that amount still wouldn't accumulate it unless they played non stop for well over a year and never spent a single one.

so bad choice of analogies.
    Ramone_AB likes this.
  18. Kwikdeath Active Member

Just doing the weekly heroic and solo quests with accompanying dailies will give you almost 50 etyma a week for doing 4 zones (2 group, 2 solo)...

I don't think the devs are intending for players to be in full heroic gear, fully gemmed with green gems, in a matter of days or weeks. This is all there is to work towards right now aside from raid drops, so once you get full ToV heroic gear with maxed green gems there is almost nowhere to go. Why does this need to be shortened. If it takes some people longer to reach this mark then that should be the trade-off for not playing as much.

As a raider you'll get raid gear (and etyma from DC) soon, I know I can't wait to start getting some raid drops. I don't see why we need to be pushing to get fully geared in a matter of weeks

I remember playing my pally at release of EQ2 (on Neriak...yeah that's going back a bit) when it took months of raiding to get my Shimmering Star BP, weeks and weeks to get the prismatic questline done, etc. They have finally gone back to actually make people work to get some gear. Let's not be the entitlement crowd asking to play for an hour or two a day and have the best of everything (because 10 hours a week is less than an hour and a half per day). I probably won't have the best of everything since I can't play 24/7, and I certainly don't think that I should have the same gear as someone that commits a substantial amount of time more than I do to the game (because what would be their incentive then). And I won't begrudge them their fully gemmed green heroic gear they have well before me, because in the end I know I'll get mine as well :).

--They do need to make the gems pop off the gear though so you can use them for alts and not regrind 2k etyma to get them again, because that is just a terrible idea. Once you have them you should be able to keep them, if they are going to stay this expensive. Either that or there are going to be a ton of alts running around in 0/3 green gear. :(.
    Estred likes this.
  19. Estred Well-Known Member

Agreed hell make it cost Entyma if they want. Going off the costs of fully Gemming an item versus what I think could be acceptable for removal cost.

Gem Cost
    Yellow: 24 Gems
    Blue: 120 Gems
    Green: 275 Gems
    Red: N/A
    Purple: 3 Reds

Removal Cost
    Yellow: 12 Entyma
    Blue: 60 Entyma
    Green: 135 Entyma
    Red: 200 Entyma?
    Purple: 300 Entyma?

What do you think? Overall the cost of popping off Gems is worth 2 Gems at the Yellow/Blue levels and it's just barely worth more than 1 Gem at the Green level.
    Kwikdeath likes this.
  20. Regolas Well-Known Member

There's a difference between feeling entitled to gear and prices being so high that realistically, a lot of people won't be able to get it for over 6 months.

275 etyma x 3 = 825 per item.

7 items = 5775 etymas to deck out your gear.

Plus 250-300 for purple adorns for a total of around 6000 etyma per character.

6000 / 100 etyma a week (I can't even get a quarter of this) is 60 weeks. Over a year, for one character...

And if you want the nice mount? Forget it.