Chains of Eternity all inclusive???

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mesander, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I've got an idea then (which is probably not original, but I'm too lazy to look to see if anyone else has thought of it). They should make point-of-sale reforging. However, IMO, they should make it where it is one of the more expensive options (75-100 SC per reforge plus the plat cost), because it is a premium service and should have a premium price.

Unless you are suggesting that reforging isn't worth quite as much as you make it out to be. If that is the case, then just don't get AoD - problem solved.
  2. Rotherian Well-Known Member

I've got an idea then (which is probably not original, but I'm too lazy to look to see if anyone else has thought of it). They should make point-of-sale reforging. However, IMO, they should make it where it is one of the more expensive options (75-100 SC per reforge plus the plat cost), because it is a premium service and should have a premium price.

Unless you are suggesting that reforging isn't worth quite as much as you make it out to be. If that is the case, then just don't get AoD - problem solved.
  3. woady New Member

What? It's actually a very valid question. If you played EQ 2 at all before it was F2P you would know that every time a new expansion was released it always included the previous expansions. It also included a free month. This having to buy them separately is new.......
  4. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

CoE includes DoV. The only thing it doesn't include is the optional expansion that is nothing but features.
  5. Yuki Member

I was thinking of signing up for a 3 month sub, then I saw it would cost me 80 bucks just to get current... so no thanks. I will go back and play something else. There are so many options already out there, no need to come back at these kinds of prices. And not even giving a 30 day sub with the expansion.... talk bout nickle and dime.
  6. Gideon Member

its not 80 bucks, its 40 for coe and 15 for your monthly sub. you guys are trying to make it sound worse then it really is.
    as stated above you don't need AoD to play, its nothing but a few extra features.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

You don't even need CoE if you're not 90 yet.
    Edit: If you played previously and own DoV, then you don't need CoE until you're 92.
  8. Malvin Member

Actually it really is 80 bucks. If you want to play the end game at a high level, you have to fork over the big cash. Of course if you are new you don't need it.. but for those of us who have played a long time it's a slap in the face.

I keep checking back to see if they have changed the pricing yet, still nothing. Wont come back to the game until they fix that crap.
  9. Gideon Member

if you haven't played since before aod your not going to be playing end game high level for a bit, unless you got someone to powerlevel you. there is nothing for them to fix.
    this is just another prim example that when you give free stuff to someone they want more and more free stuff, and think they are entitled to not pay for something that everyone else did.
    Wingrider01 likes this.
  10. Malvin Member

I'm not asking for free stuff, I'm asking Sony not to **** my wallet for stuff I don't want. They put 1 single thing in that 40 dollar rip off that I would use.. correct that, I have to use for end game raiding. I refuse to pay that much money for so little.

And don't worry about getting to the end game, I'd get there pretty darn quick.
  11. Senya Well-Known Member

This is from one of EQ2 panels today which were live blogged by Feldon at EQ2 Wire.

Holly: We have some discussions coming up.We're talking DoV being free. We have some announcements with Age of Discovery. People have been asking us to break it up and offer it A la Carte. We will be offering this very soon.
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

If you want all of the AOD package you'd better buy it now, because when they get their greedy hands on it, it will cost even more than before!
  13. Yuki Member

I am just going by the pricing thing for each expansion. As someone that raided extensively until I stopped playing, and would end up raiding again if I started again, I would need all the expansion. My old GM told me that the AoD thing has 20 AA in it, that's pretty huge. Even if everything else is just fluff. And it would around 40 for the 3 months. Please try reading the entire post. I specifically said 80 to get current, not 80 to get CoE. So to play EQ2 again for me, it would cost me what I could buy 3+ games on steam and would probably keep me entertained just as long, if not longer. I still can't stop play FTL... *grumble stoopid game*
  14. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Not just SOE, any company that breaks down a package to a piece pricing structure always more expensive. Just bought a new car, I wanted two options, had a choice of adding them individually or taking a package that had those two items plus 3 more that I had no desire to get. The individual price of those 2 options was 15 percent higher then getting the discounted package with the options that I did not want

Greed? Not in the least, price / profit margin calculations, SOE and other companies in business to make a profit, that is the bottom line. Just because you don't want them to make a profit does not make them greedy.
  15. Wurm Well-Known Member

There is a difference between putting your customers through the wringer and making a profit.

SOE has always found some way to jack up the prices on things.

For example Krono. They could have made a EQ2 exclusive krono that cost the same as the normal monthly fee, but no they release a "STATION WIDE!" krono that you can use to play all the games except you have to already been running full station access for it to work that way.

Play one game? Get screwed out of 3 dollars every month.

And I'm a gold player always have been, so I help them make that profit, so don't go telling me I don't want them to make a profit.
  16. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

Krono, like Station cash is handled by the platform team and not the individual game teams, station wide is not the correct term, account wide is. As far as making it "exclusive" bad business and waste of resources there is no need to make it game unique
  17. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Why do you guys keep Bumping this thread from last christmas time

You Could Have had 40 Dollars By Now. Now I Know your cheap
  18. Wurm Well-Known Member

Huh?

And @ Wingrider01

lol waste of resources,

All Access = blue krono for 17.99 dollars

EQ2 only = red krono for 14.99 dollars

Changing the color of the pixels = less than one min.

Station wide / Account wide = same thing. and if you want to be nit-picky its called "All Access"
  19. Wingrider01 Well-Known Member

All Access is a subscription method and that is it. for what you want the platform team would have to code for the differences, no ROI on it. Sure you can change the color of the pixels, but then you have to get the platform team to rewrite all the code to pay attention to that "pixel change" not to mention the payment process for the item Or did you think that all the coding would just show up like the Ghost in the machine or maybe blue smoke and mirrors.
  20. Wurm Well-Known Member

I know that being a DB admin IRL its not nearly as much work as you are making it out to be.

And that I think they work for us and not the other way around.

*edit* Fact is they saw a easy way to force us to pay more for the same service and they did so. Nothing more, nothing less.