What I think is the biggest issue in EQ2 today.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Atan, Jun 7, 2013.

1. Geothe Active Member

Moronic Itemization is what has really destroyed grouping in this expansion.
    Basically no difference between legendary solo and heroic gear. And solo instances drop superior armor than is possible to acquire in heroic content. Seriously, I don't know how anyone could of made that decision and thought it was a good idea.

Solo instance loot should of had around 150 green stats, with heroic around 165. Instead of 160 and 160-163 like it is now.
    Mizgamer62, Ryptide and Avirodar like this.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes, they are out there in SG CM.

However, your not going to pug them. In my case I can't even bring 'just a guild group'. I simply have to bring the absolute 6 best players in guild in the absolute 6 best geared tunes, that are all complementary to having a very stacked group. Then I can do the heroic to get some rewards that we *might* use.

The issue is, the times I can put that group together represents about 1% of the time I have available to play the game. There MUST be stuff I can put a reasonable pug together to go do and have some hope of getting something remotely interesting for doing it.
    Mizgamer62 and Wirewhisker like this.
  3. SteelPiston Active Member

So.. you've eaten all the chocolates and all you have left is a near empty box with a couple of hard caramels in it that nobody really wants. I think it's time to go to the store and buy a new box of chocolates and keep the old empty chocolate box for the memories.
    Mizgamer62, Filly67 and Ladymist like this.
  4. Regolas Well-Known Member

Agree to a certain extent with OP. Me personally I still have stuff to do, gather spirits and essences on my non raid toons, etc.

But for anyone with less toons and higher playtimes, you run out of valuable things to do quickish
  5. guard Active Member

the biggest problem was a mixture of the small level increase's and the small increase in equipment stats the last decent change in equipment was sf to dov now days as new stuff comes out the stat upgrade is so small. imo what they need to do is go back to how zones were in dov. you either done solo for very basic loot that was just about good enough to get you into the heroic zones. then heroic kit is just about good enough to get you into em raiding etc. that and personally I would like to see more proper instance's were as you go to the next instance its harder than the one before it and the equipment is slightly better.
    as for raiding the fact that 98% of raid guilds still run pow were it should have been obsolete a long time ago. I would also like to see more zones like the drunder set up i.e. when you get to the door you chose em or hm but that might just be me I hate these mixed zones were you have to go throu loads of em bosses and trash just to get to 1-2 mobs that do drop decent loot
  6. Ladymist Well-Known Member

ding ding ding.. especially a box of chocolates that is This many years old
    Mizgamer62 and Filly67 like this.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

In DoV they had the weekly quests, the rare mobs, etc. These kept the various zones interesting and active far longer then most of the CoE zones ever were.
    Mizgamer62, Mae- and Kraeref like this.
  8. Estred Well-Known Member

I ran whichever was the daily/dominence all the time back in DoV/SF. Kept it fresh especially with rare-mobs and unique "1 zone only" fabled drops form the last boss that were desirable by both EM-Raiders and Heroic Players alike.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Or I dunno, they could put some rare drops in the heroic instances that would give people a reason to run them. Bring back the rare nameds, etc.

There used to be things put in heroic dungeons to make them worth the time to do them. Some reason they've removed that flavor from the game, and its long overdue to bring it back in.
  10. Regolas Well-Known Member

In ST contested yesterday I got a charm. Forget the name but it had claw in the name. 179 base stats and a red slot, complete with adorn. I thought that it was quite nice but I soon realised it was not much better than the ST Awakened Charms. I was fooled by the red slot.

So there are some rare items around, it's just they're not that good.
  11. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think people's expectations, while valid, are a bit unrealistic. This game is not going to undertake huge changes at this point. In many ways you are going to need to wait for EQ Next to see what you are looking for. And truthfully most people find that they need to take breaks when the game continues to feel unsatisfactory. If running a guild, raiding with multiple groups, hanging with friends or doing many of the other things in this game are leaving you feeling apathetic toward game play you most realistic course is to take a break. SOE does not seem interested in spicing up your gameplay at this point.

These types of threads come and go over the years and while there is a lot of truth to the need for new stuff to do in the end you make your own good time. I think often people conquer the goals they have set and are disappointed that there is not another level of success to achieve. Also it seems that many define success based on their gear and loot. I am not sure if that is conducive to overall satisfaction.
    Raff likes this.
  12. Jacck Active Member

So, another "Wait until eqnext and if you aren't happy, just leave" comments instead of addressing issues that are in the game? You would be so great at customer service /boggle. Don't like it, then leave policy's are awesome.
    Mizgamer62 and Avirodar like this.
  13. Filly67 Well-Known Member

Good lord, way to be angry and unable to read. I am just saying that I know this game can be frustrating and hundreds of people take breaks and come back refreshed. But I am right in saying that this is where the game will be staying so don't pound your head against the wall in frustration for something that is supposed to be fun.

But to help you out I will put it in Jacck speak.... If you don't like what I type, don't read it.
  14. Jacck Active Member

Actually, no anger, instead it is complete amusement at your point of view that the idea is to tell someone to leave and come back later instead of fixing the issues at hand. I mean, thats like saying something is wrong with government policy and instead of trying to change it, just leave and come back later, maybe it will be more to your liking. Good luck.
  15. Ladymist Well-Known Member

Find a game where there are no issues to be fixed......good luck.

That is the most commonly used phrase in all mmo's by bored players who been with it too long. ."Why dont they fix the bugs?! it will make the game more fun!"

Sure some mechanics in old zones you ran thousand time being fixed will help you run them quicker..but it won't make it new and exciting.
  16. Jacck Active Member

You really did read this thread did you? Did you read any of the glaring problems stated? Or are you just saying "everything has bugs, find something that doesn't have issues to be fixed". Think of how long some of these issues have been present.

I guess it speaks volumes when you brush aside the concerns about grouping content (and the lack of any reason to do it) and itemization problems which are pretty big issues. Along with alot of other concerns that have been brought up over the last month. All I hear is "take a break, come back later" or "everything has bugs" or my personal favorite which does nothing to fix the problems "oh, they are working on eqnext, it will be our savior and we just have to put up with broken content and sub par development until it comes out" commentary.
  17. Elhai Member

Atan is right (wow, did I say that out loud?!), my husband and I don't log in other than raids anymore and haven't for quite some time. Once in a while, I make alts and putz around in deserted old zones to level, but there is no grouping at all under level 90. There are a few grind groups in Skyshrine for those going from 90-95, but under 90 there's nothing but solo/molo the whole way.

Once my alts hit 95, all the pugs out there form specifically to sell the loot, so I have no hopes of actually gaining anything useful from pugs. I thinking a lot of people are just passing the time until the next viable game comes out.
  18. Hermmit Active Member

Not sure how anything Atan said is "unrealistic" seeing it's how the game use to be. It's great there are lots of zones with neat scripting and all (I applaud SOE on this) and I find myself saying, "wow, they did a nice job with this zone," but that romance wears off pretty quick when I find out that the rewards aren't there. In the past, I wouldn't mind running zones over and over because of the chance that I'll get that item I want. Now, you just do a solo quest line or solo zones and you get everything you need. Now, I'm finding myself running solo zones over and over waiting for that chance for a fabled drop....that's not right.
  19. Yukishiro1 Active Member

They don't need to make huge changes. They just need to make the game more like it used to be before they made several explicable, awful design decisions that have created most of the problem. Autogening loot was a big mistake, and then putting all loot tables together in COE compounded that mistake.

It just doesn't make any sense. They spend a ton of time and effort designing all these zones and then they spend the equivalent of 5 minutes of computer time itemizing them. It is downright bizarre.
  20. Estred Well-Known Member

Like ZUA? Elements of War? Miragul's Phylactery? Perhaps a healthy PuR of Perah Celcis or Toxxulia? That kind of healthy scripting where the drops were good for almost anyone who came because the zones were harder or at least interesting.

I know some solo-players who have said there is too much solo content now. These are Soloer's who do also Group but they feel no reason as they can view all content and get comparable rewards without grouping.