Characters can become even more Heroic!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Angeliana, Feb 13, 2024.

1. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

[IMG]
    Bastian Fleetfoot Mount

It’s time to level-up to epicness!
    We’re excited to announce our Darkpaw Hero Adventuring Boost which will allow you to start at level 125! We feel this will help players keep up with our content updates and the pace of the game due to our new level increase included in the Ballads of Zimara expansion. It’s not just about the level boost either, there is a plethora of amazing items included in the bundle!

The Darkpaw Heroic Boost Bundle will grant the following when unpacked:
    • Darkpaw Hero Adventuring Boost, which will set your adventuring profession to level 125 with adept tier class abilities.
    • Aetheric Mastery Scroll Case Class Choice, allowing you to select any level 126 to 130 grandmaster spell of your choice.
    • Darkpaw Heroes Mount research unlock, allowing you to research Bastian Fleetfoot from the Darkpaw researcher in the Splendor Sky Aerie.
    • Five Ballads of Zimara General Research Material, which will each progress Ballads of Zimara research by 120 minutes.
    • Five Status Bounty consumables, which will each grant your character 25,000,000 personal status.
    • Level 125 Class Epic Spell (Adept)
    • 360 Zimaran Ballad currency
    • 600 Fragment of Time currency
    * NOTE: Some items may not be transferred once unpacked.

This bundle can be found beginning NOW in the Marketplace! Don’t wait to boost your character up to maximum Heroics!

Join us on social media: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and Discord.
  2. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Those who opened their bundle prior to downtime this morning will be getting the correct Fragments of Time granted to them as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
    Jinksie and Taros like this.
  3. Evilary Well-Known Member

Yay, spend money buying an expansion, then spend more just to play it the less grindy way. Booo!!!
  4. zenin New Member

im posting this just to even out the energy. im grateful for the ability to still play my favorite mmo of all time. thanks daybreak for keeping it alive
    Ephemeral Emanation and Saw-Lau like this.
  5. Gematria Active Member

This is a whole other level of P2W.. Maybe if it was 1 per account, but its not - people can buy as many as they like to skip farming Fragments and to get more GM spells. Please reconsider this direction :(
  6. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

The aforementioned grants are complete! Happy gaming!
    Ephemeral Emanation likes this.
  7. Taros New Member

I only got my Fragment of Time currency. Still missing the 359 Zimaran Ballad Currency.
  8. Lysia Active Member

make status heirloom -- so toons can share -- and we'll talk --
    that having been said - will probably buy some, but not because I want to really, -- but because if I want ANY
    of my 10 toons to be relevant in game -- I have to -- thank you for the need to pay to win
  9. Skarltar Member

if you don't buy these kind of things, they won't sell it. This kind of monetization is put in the game because people buy it. Personally i don't care because i don't play this game competitively and i never use boosts. However what would be nice is if they added more progression avenues that aren't just timers. Mobile game mechanics bore me and that is my biggest gripe with the game right now. Would love it if they eased off on that and added more fun stuff to the store. Hell i would probably prefer a battlepass than some of this stuff.
  10. Fading Illusion Active Member

I'll chime in with my thoughts, but I know my opinion doesn't have the weight of the EQ2 veterans here.

I don't think anyone would doubt that I love EQ, EQ2 and the entire franchise, but I actually see this as a very nice thing.

I'm an EQ player (mostly), but I've been wanting to play EQ2 more. It is a bit overwhelming, and a bit lonely in the lower levels. Even the TLEs aren't quite the same "Progress through all expansions" that EQ TLPs are (from the way I understand it?).

I played BoZ in Beta and REALLY enjoyed it, leaving me wanting more. But once Beta was over, I was back to a very uphill climb.

I can certainly understand the P2W sentiment. There is certainly an aspect of that here (not that you can "win" in EQ/EQ2). However, if Darkpaw keeps a steady stream of revenue coming (and let's face it, we NEED that for EQ2 especially to survive) and it gives me an incentive to play the game, as a player that wouldn't otherwise, then I think it's a good thing all around.

Fading
  11. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

This is being worked on now, thank you.
    Ephemeral Emanation likes this.
  12. Chikkin Well-Known Member

You just can't please everyone, only some people some of the times.
  13. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

We appreciate constructive feedback. That being said, destructive posts, such as insults, name calling, and defamation will not be tolerated.

Thank you.
    Ephemeral Emanation and Saw-Lau like this.
  14. Alexstrasza Active Member

Which item's don't transfer?
  15. Almee Well-Known Member

I think this will help a lot of players who have struggled to keep up with only limited time to spare. DP has to balance enough content for people who play extensively with those who only have limited time to play each week (raises hand). I used to play all day long, but now I am lucky if I can squeeze in 2 hours a day--even on weekends.

So I gave up on keeping up and moved to KD for the most part. I still do the administrative tasks, for my characters on other servers, but I don't really have much time to adventure, craft, or decorate with them now. I would like, however, to do the trade skill lines, for RoR and the new expac. I wish they would offer a similar package for those of us who prefer trade skills and decorating to adventuring. Alternately, maybe DP could offer the house items, for past expansions, for sale on the Marketplace.

But, even if none of my suggestions are added to the game or marketplace, I still think this pack will help a lot of players, which, in turn, will help DarkPaw.
  16. Evilary Well-Known Member

The problem is people are asking for a lot of stuff to be toned down. Too much status requirement. Too much chrono requirement. etc. etc. etc. Instead of responding or doing any of this, they come out with this pack that has most of the currency and status items needed. It's like their response was to say buy it instead of them fixing it. That's the major issue a lot of people have. Not everyone has a load of money to throw at this game. I have 9 characters, 7 of which are in this content. I don't want to pay $280 for these characters so I don't have to spend weeks and months grinding the status and tokens and so on.

Make the game fun, dangle the carrot correctly and people will be happy. Doing this pay to win stuff is just going to make more and more people unhappy. Unhappy players usually find another game that will make them happy.
  17. Smashey Well-Known Member

EQ2 is already one of the most expensive western MMOs to play if you want to play the content when its fresh and just released.

I very much dislike this new p2w addition for a system no one liked during beta or since release.
    Robynous, Dude, CSP84 and 4 others like this.
  18. Elfrina Member

It's nice for new items, but chrono zones are still heroic.
  19. Larank New Member

It is this that actually makes me like the game. It lets us play the way we want to play. If you want to go here, do it. If you don't, don't. You can still play the game and level up the way you want. The games does not force anyone to play any way.
    I would still appreciate more treasure for non-raiding characters, but that is not going to stop me playing.
    Have fun for those who will buy this. Have fun for those that will not.
  20. Lysia Active Member

I said if the status was heirloom we'd talk LOL --
    ok, bought -- didn't realize the status bundle had FIVE pieces to it -- worth 25M a piece (total 125 M) --
    and HEIRLOOM !!

Yea !!!! so ... I'm very happy -- call me apologetic -- still hate that status is now a new way of getting recipes for us
    crafters -- and non raiding crafter at that -- but if Daybreak KEEPS this little buyable feature heirloom, it will help those of
    us who have a heck of a time getting any status at all -- thank you ! keep it -- like it is ...