KD Player Reviews

Discussion in 'Lore and Legend Discussion' started by DENSER, Apr 4, 2023.

1. DENSER Well-Known Member

Hi there ,

I admit to being skeptical about this server, even a little refractory, maybe because of the mass effect, I'm just following .

This post is dedicated only to the players of the server,

what do you like in this server ?
    What are the Strengths in your opinion?

I admit that the announcement of April 6 tickles me a little and gives me the desire to get interested in it.

Cheers
    Siren and Feara like this.
  2. Feara Well-Known Member

I'm new to this server by a month or two so I'm not able to give reliable feedback on the Strengths.

What I love about Kael Drakkel is that I'm intrigued by what they have done with the gearing and crafting. I'm still learning.

Super excited for Solo players.

I wonder if they will keep the auto-mentoring? I think more players would prefer it to be disabled. I could be wrong thou.
  3. Feara Well-Known Member

Between April 6 and April 25, we will be kicking off these permanent changes above by making the Kael Drakkel server available to all players—even those without membership—and granting a Jumpa-Lope pet to all accounts who log into the Lore and Legend server!

Not sure if I'm liking the non-membership decision.
  4. Siren Well-Known Member

Is the server only F2P from April 6th until until April 25th, then going back to gold sub-only after that? That's what it sort of looks like it could be saying....
    Feara likes this.
  5. Dude Well-Known Member

"permanent changes"
    Feara likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

Yeah, but the "permanent changes above" are things like the new adornment and new appearance armor.... I dunno. It was phrased a little oddly.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

I agree. I read it as if you log in during that time, you'll get the pet, but that the rest of the stuff is permanent.
  8. DENSER Well-Known Member

to return to the opinions of the server, I believe that not having to do XP or limit with an extension that arrives can be nice .
    If i undersrood well the principle is in chill mode At first glance
    Siren likes this.
  9. Buggabug Active Member

I really love this server. It does need some tuning and the drop rate for quest starters in places like EL/Zek could use an increase. If you're a serious quester this is the place to be imo.
    Majesty and Feara like this.
  10. DENSER Well-Known Member

just afraid to see another kael drakel coming out soon, is there any chance that it will be persistent?
  11. Feara Well-Known Member

Sorry DENSER, I didn't set out to change the thread.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

1. Angeliana— via Discord Today at 1:08 PM (When I asked if KD F2P will be permanent) It will be for a limited time.

Angeliana — Today at 1:13 PM

There will be a posted article with exact date, time and other relevant info.
    Feara likes this.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

It already is. There is not a new KD coming out. It's the same one with new rules.
  14. Kenn Well-Known Member

What is the con to non membership?
  15. Raff Well-Known Member

If the FTP is permanent, it might attract players who will stay and eventually sub. The old Freeport server way back then did that for us. We started FTP back then, but eventually subbed.

Never really understood the hate for the FTP server back then. Still don't. But, man , it was real. And these forums (well, not these, but the original forums) were rampant with hate posts about the Freeport server. I wonder if it will start up again?
  16. Kenn Well-Known Member

It is the fun part of doing quests without it becoming impossible. Not sure how the expansion will work, but if they keep the same as the other servers, then you will get an easy way to explore and see might bs before trying it on the other servers. Did the daily quest for the green adornment and thought it was fun. Being able to take a zone reminded me of what I found fun with the SOS zone.
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Some thoughts from playing today on Kael Drakkel.

I will say that I expected to jump over to KD and start killing things. But starting out at level 90 with no money is more difficult than beginning at level 1 that way! Ah well, I'll just start adventuring and making some money. But the Old Skool loot from -- in my case -- Nek Castle is not useful to anybody and vendors for a tiny amount. Ah well. Looks like no one needs low-level spell books because I came into the world on KD rocking a full set of spells. Vendor those, too! Dunno if shinies will sell on KD yet or not, they're usually my money-making go-to.

When I went to hire Stamper Jeralf for my good-aligned KD toon, I quickly found a vicious posse of Freeport Guards surrounding the tavern. I was able to dash in and complete the hiring, then evac, but it wasn't the safe and easy acquisition I recall from when I last did that on Live!

When I read, "New server-wide buff for all characters. A permanent buff that will strengthen and instantly cures curses for your characters so you can take on more content", my eye skimmed over the word "curses" and I was surprised later when I was getting arcane DOTs. Minor issue, but worth noting for others.

I finally got my inn-room and stuck the starter furniture in it, then went to see about smiting Lord Everling. Oops! KD enforces access quests, so before I can do this daily Hunter Mission thing, I have to do original Nek Castle so I can lay Maltena to rest, so I can get into the instance I need for the Hunter Mission. That is really not new-person friendly, DBG, and if you are intending this model to attract new players, you may need to rethink either access quests or what specifically makes up a Hunter Mission!

So this business of going for the appearance gear and jumpalope and green adorn isn't as simple as I'd imagined!

Meanwhile, I still have a couple of raid toons on Live that need to do RoR solos and H1s and H2s. We'll see if I stay motivated enough to squeeze in KD in my spare time to get the goodies. I do like having a "hideout" toon to just de-stress while faffing about on, so there's that!
  18. Arandar Well-Known Member

The loyalty merchants will sell you bags of platinum (500p each). In-game currency is literally not a thing on the server. Now, if you want to get something that costs status, that takes a bit of killing or crafting.

That series of quests is not really intended for new players. It's a carrot for people who already actively play on other servers, primarily the Varsoon TLE server. On KD itself, gear and gear progression is functionally meaningless. You can clear any of the content wearing the stuff you're given when you create a character.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Aha! I had forgotten about that. That will serve my needs handily.
  20. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Continuing my thoughts on these KD access quests.

"Legend Huntiing: The Shattered Lands" requires you to enter The Sanctum of Fire. To do that, you have to first kill "Blaize's Remains" in the Temple of Solusek Ro so you can get "Shattered Lava Gem Necklace," which you examine to get the quest that gives you the necklace that lets you see the entrance to the needed zone.

Blaize's Remains was apparently just killed before I got here,judging by the trail of chests in the halls on my way. No I am standing here camping the room waiting for a respawn. Ugh! One of the best steps in Live was getting rid of the need to camp things!

If you're going to require a name kill, make that dang name respawn quickly, or have a PH pop quickly that can be killed to do the access. I don't think anyone is going to step up and say they just lo-o-o-o-ove camping and want to stand around doing nothing for long periods of time. Just sayin'
    Breanna likes this.