Vasty Deep: The Abandoned Labs solo (Toil and Trouble)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Cx_morningstar, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Cx_morningstar Member

Is it just me or is this tough?

I'm a max lvl necro, all spells mastered or better in a full set of RoS mastercrafted gear with a healer merc... I can not for the life of me get past the first name/adds.

If I'm that rubbish, please say
  2. Molo New Member

I guess you never noticed that when new content is released it is always made too tough and not worth the trouble doing. Future patches will gradually nerf it, until new content is about to be released, at which point it will become ridiculously easy. They do that on purpose (IMO), so we feel like our characters are progressing overtime, when actually it is mostly because they are nerfing the crap out of the content. Rinse and repeat.
    Morukta likes this.
  3. Cx_morningstar Member

If that's true then it sucks. Far short of getting raid gear (which is out of the question) solo players, or at least me, are not able to enjoy new content until its irrelevant
  4. Molo New Member

Yes, it sucks a lot. they are constantly tinkering with the mechanics and difficulty level of everything, all the time. IT's almost as like playing a beta forever.
  5. girney Active Member

hey devs, thanks for nothing. glad my account ran out and not paying for this crapola. do you even test anything to see if it is playable before foisting it on us?
    Morukta likes this.
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

Did it Yesterday. Necro 120 as well, i don't raid, try to gear with best other options.
    Np for me, bash bash , except for the witch and her cauldron.
    The only concern is to find the elements to complete the 2 quests.
    Cx_morningstar likes this.
  7. Cx_morningstar Member

Maybe I'm missing something then? I will try again shortly and see how I get on.
  8. vlada Active Member

"full set of RoS mastercrafted gear"
    this is the problem.your gear isnt very good
  9. Cx_morningstar Member

10. Cx_morningstar Member

How so? The stats are better than the vendor/merchant gear in the Bazaar. I have linked my EQ player page above.

(edit) I didn't mean that to sound challenging. I would like to know so I can change it/improve
  11. Trilly Active Member

When the witch changes you..you need to get under the matching blob hanging down. she changes you multiple times and you must run to get underneath the one matching you...mushroom, owl, etc. took me 3 tries to figure that out and I do not have raid gear and even have some 215 stuff.
  12. Gorwen Bloodrunner New Member

We had a fully geared group go in on Skyfire yesterday for heroic 1. Took us an hour to beat the first trash mob. What the heck is going on? I don't remember new content being this tough.
  13. Cx_morningstar Member

Ahh! I will try this. I am gonna run the days of summer and adorn quests first. I feel like my adornments could do with some tweeking.

Thank yo!
  14. DENSER Well-Known Member

Imo, u lack somme fervor. 116 might rly bé not enough. 202 pot also.
    U don't ve those blue runes on weapons.
    I also ( if u did so) used that 120 boost to UP my mystic, I will not try this new zone with, the solos of ros yes, hoping that it passes
  15. Bludd Well-Known Member

if you consider the gear you have on this toon https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2168961039422 fully geared you need to readjust your expectations and get better gear asap

you are 150k potency short at least for normal RoS heroics and 300 million hp does not cut it, you should be much much higher
  16. Standard Member

And we did both heroic 1 and 2 and found both pretty easy except the last 2 in heroic 2. It's about gear, skill, teamwork and experience in observing and learning strats. If lesser geared and experienced players steamrolled content, what would there be for the top players to do?
  17. Ichoris Well-Known Member

I'm curious how I will do. I haven't finished RoS yet but have pretty good gear. I still think it's a shame that DBG never seems to make content anymore for casual players. There should be content options for people that have finished RoS and have gear from that.

Not everyone has time to max out gear and what not. I play quite a bit but still fear that I won't be able to do the content. Guess we will see. It also seems like there is nothing for TS to do. I know they got some books (have to buy for real money - I think?) but a TS quest line or something would be nice. Still new content is good and I can't wait to give it a try.
  18. Visper New Member

ran this last night on one of my least geared toons, without knowing strats, got done in 30 min or so, last boss had to figure out strat to damage him, rest isn't a problem
    you could have better gear, do overland heroics weekly and get 4 armor slots with 245 res, get coin and get at least two more armor items with 270 resolve, do overseer quest and get recipes, buy patterns on broker and get head, shoulders, chest items made that are better vs mastercrafted.
    this is the toon that I did it on, most spells are expert:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/880468645817
  19. Ichoris Well-Known Member

Well it seems I have to work to do with my items and character. Running the Solo on even the first trash mob kills me and the merc pretty quick. Maybe once I finish RoS it will be easier. Does anyone have the minimum HP, RESOLVE, POTENCY to be able to run the Solo version? Thanks.
  20. girney Active Member

that helps a bit but still dying. only make it to one change. do you have to worry about adds or just stay on named? 120 paly here with master ascension but only solo gear.