Announcement Regarding Changes to Weekly Patches

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stibbie Member

Really being needy is what you call it, over half the raid forces are locked behind a mob that isnt even in game. It's now 2 months since the expac launched. Two months of killing the same 6 mobs, over and over and over and you say were being needy??

Might want to remember Raiders do alot to help keep the lights on at Darkpaw!
  2. Blazen Active Member

These forums are better than the Napa whine festival.
    Doroboda, Cyrrena, mewzikal and 6 others like this.
  3. Cassta Well-Known Member

Ditto Jaeded! If I was on the TLE I would be angry too, especially if I had scheduled days off from work only to find out 2 days before it was called off. I can't imagine how angry I would be. It is really sad. :(
    Cyrrena likes this.
  4. Zynt Feldon's sock puppet

Who exactly is going to be testing raid or even heroic content on Test? The test server is handicapped at best for anything outside of crafting and live events to be tested. And we all know that the crafting feedback is being ignored so why even test that?
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Carynn and 14 others like this.
  5. dirgenoobforreal Well-Known Member

Yeah I think they have like two players on test as peak. As long as people cant copy their characters no one will play on it. As long as we are a free Q&A with zero rewards for spending time on test, no one will play on it.

This changes nothing unless they think they can test it internally with 24 clients on isboxer.
    Juraiya, Febrith, Wulfgyr and 9 others like this.
  6. Cassta Well-Known Member

I hear you Sniper! Play the way you want and make it "your" game. Playing a game in a fantasy world is supposed to take us away from the stress of daily life and be fun. When you start getting angry, stressed out and it is no longer fun, maybe it is time to take a break or like you said find a new hobby.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. Victisa Active Member

Dreamweaver,

i wanted to ask can the mats information is put back on? what about the crafters and decorators? hon, i am not a raider i'm a decorator mouse. I spend all my time hording decorating goodies and decorating houses. there's so many mats out there in the world of everquest 2, not everyone knows which zone each one goes too.... or the fact some mats come from dungeons.

kind words from an upset decorating mouse. :(:(
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Akbar and 5 others like this.
  8. Peredhel Active Member

Thank you for keeping us in the loop.
    Doroboda, Cyrrena, Faeonara and 4 others like this.
  9. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

This change means nothing unless the design philosophy of updates and and testing put into them is dramatically fixed.

If you don’t fix the underlying issues, all you’re doing is dropping crap on people and making them wait twice as long to hopefully get a fix.

Perhaps we will all be surprised.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Tkia and 12 others like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

wow Cassta you got a lot of posts and you sound like a hall monitor and I mean that in a really nice way
    Ok kids no running hey Tobey pick up that wrapper you just dropped . No , no you do not pull Irma's hair Marten
    and you two get apart no fighting on my shift . :D.
    Or maybe your Marry Poppins sailing into this post hanging of an umbrella .
    giving braise to some and firmly putting others into their place , but all with love .

Well I play on Kaladim and it's not like we been told it will be another month before we get EoF
    There are about 4 months between each expansion so no EoF was not doo to reliece before Frostfell .
  11. Flightrisk Well-Known Member

Guess its time to dust off my test server characters , all you all might want to as well, would be more productive both to you and to the game, than the over all very contradictory feed back found on this thread.
    -
    we wanted more testing to changes, ... where do you suppose they are going to do that ? and with whom?
    -
    as my mom used to tell me .. if you want it done your way, you do it.. so if you want the changes tested for the way you play...you need to get over to test for at least a couple hours on the patch days and test the changes .
    -
    I'm taking all of what Dreamweaver had to say as a positive . its a chance to help take care of a hobby and past time that I enjoy , and I plan to use that chance .
    Cyrrena, Jaeded, Lateana and 4 others like this.
  12. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

I agree :) there are bugs and we all want to get rid of them so come and help !! come to test :)
    Cyrrena, Spindle and Schmetterling like this.
  13. Feldon Well-Known Member

If the Test Copy server, which hasn't existed in at least 9 years, is being brought back, I am in favor of this change. Right now, with the exception of the expansion, content is tested and fixed on live servers.

Group and Raid content cannot be reasonably tested on the Test server. Why? Players would need to dedicate hours to rolling new characters, leveling up (the level bauble is gone?), completing prerequisites, spending money on Spell and other progression upgrades or grinding incremental upgrades for months just to create a reasonable facsimile of their live characters. And that's still a poor test because it's not the same as testing a live character. Content needs to be tested with the Characters, Spells, Infusions, Gear, and Progression people have on Live.

Testing content with newly rolled characters is like having your brother, sister or cousin take a test for you in school. Does it really tell you anything?
    Juraiya, Febrith, Cyrrena and 18 others like this.
  14. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Dreamweaver said he will look into the missing baubles , so they might come back .

And that is why there are some things we can test on the test server and others we can't , or only with difficulty
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  15. draidean Well-Known Member

I wish there was an option to laugh at a post lol this is IT LMAO
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. draidean Well-Known Member

Please put the level information back on harvestables.
    Juraiya, Cyrrena, Akbar and 8 others like this.
  17. Cataclysm Active Member

This is fine as long as it has twice as much fixes and additions in those patches
  18. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Nice try Kander.
    Feldon, Tkia, Quillyne and 10 others like this.
  19. Ziabis Member

LET US ALL, leave EQ2 and move to Monster Hunter....
    So tired of this game only getting worse by the day.
  20. Leibnitz Member

Does the 50% cut in patches approximately reflect the reduction in Developer resources you alluded to?
    Juraiya, Mizgamer62 and Kittik like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.