Announcement Regarding Changes to Weekly Patches

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Kissing up to the devs doesnt fix a thing, people should be free to voice what they think and for you to complain about it is pretty disrespectful in itself to the people who want to be heard.
    Glad you enjoy the current state of disrepair.
  2. Bludd Well-Known Member

constructive critisism is whats needed not just whinging
    Sigrdrifa, Breanna, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Yet, here you are.

I didn’t particularly enjoy Desert of Flames and Splitpaw Saga in the early days. Kingdom of Sky was an improvement. Pretty sure people called those “expansions” and “adventure packs” lacking.

I thought Planes of Prophecy was a bit tedious but I really enjoyed Chaos Descending.

I played during Altar of Malice and I remember people complaining about progression, trade skills, and mercenaries at the time.

EQ2’s expansion history (including those really weird adventure packs) has never been defined by eras.
    Breanna likes this.
  4. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I remember when Splitpaw Saga came out. Everyone was like WTF is this?

Edit: Splitpaw Saga was $8 in 2005 which probably feels more like $20 in 2020. Y’all be rioting about paying $20 for 2 zones today. Lots of bonuses and content (Fabled Kael, Castle Mischief) are free today.
    Breanna likes this.
  5. Herrah Member

So to the butt kissers, do you gleefully pay taxes without a second thought?
    Do you gladly pay for a bill that you actually do not have?
    Do you give money to pan handlers every time you see them?
    If a mechanic does half the work on your car, do you happily pay the full bill and go away without being mad?

IF ANY of those are NO. You need to back off. We ALL PAY for services here. They are billing for a product as advertised.
    It is NOT performing as advertised. End of story.
    Tkia, Cataclysm, Juraiya and 6 others like this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

How many EQ2 players are paying for a subscription?

In the F2P thread, it seems like you can get by on EQ2 by simply purchasing the expansion. In contrast, many EQ1 players pay for 1-6 account subscriptions (depending on the number of boxes) on top of paying for the EQ1 expansion. There are like 5 devs constantly attending the forums on EQ1.
    Breanna likes this.
  7. Herrah Member

If this was an emulator sure I'd be the first to tell naysayers to shut up.
    But, people are paying to play. People use the cash shop etc.
    Many likely are F2P but if there are any paying, the game needs to be a tad more professionally kept up and matching what is advertised.
    Juraiya, That guy., Ashandra and 3 others like this.
  8. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

We don’t have the internal numbers. How much revenue is earned through the shop? It’s possible that EQ2 players are thrifty or cheap. (Maybe not you or a cadre of raiders who want a cobalt mount).

You can go to your local buffet for $8-$15 but you can’t expect steakhouse service.
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Herrah Member

But if you go to the buffet based on them advertising steakhouse service. You'd be damn sure you should get that service.
    Anyway, what I pay or anyone pays is not the issue. IF anyone pays it should be as promised or advertised.
    Their internal struggles are not our problem. If they can't make good on advertised features, they should not make them to start with.

See my first post in this thread a few posts back. Fix over feature/content is my biggest concern.
    Coming back to the game after years to find that some low level quests are broke was obnoxious. For an official pay to play with F2P option server that is pretty unprofessional. Then to see top end content that is broke or incomplete is even worse.

If you ever have taken back an item for a refund, you have nothing to bring to this. If a product does not meet advertised expectations, it is faulty and deserves to be returned. If a service does not perform to advertised specs it deserved to be sued for damages. THAT is how the legal/consumer market in the US works.

Fix it or go home..
    Juraiya, Ashandra and draidean like this.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Many buffets advertise some sort of premium product like prime rib as a draw. I don’t think I’ve seen any offer table side service or other premiums.

The expansion provides for what is advertised. Is it misleading? No. Should design changes have been more explicitly worded? Maybe. As a customer for any product, it’s almost always better to wait for the reviews. If you feel scammed, you simply don’t return to the business,

If people are only paying for expansions (especially one with a level increase), not purchasing subscriptions, and not dropping a dime on the shop, and their revenue model is multifaceted, then you’re going to have issues with quality of product and service.
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

What is falsely advertised on Blood of Luclin? You receive all of the claims for each expansion tier as well.

Additionally, whether working in tourism or traveling as a tourist. Oftentimes, visitor services (tours or activities) advertised are overpriced and/or underwhelming. It is difficult to make a complaint as long as services are rendered.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Herrah Member

I get what you are saying, it seems you aren't getting me.
    The point I made first and foremost was they need to get a better handle on their quality of service.
    Get things tested and promote to players that pay to actually test. Give incentive and not expect paying customers to be free testers. This isn't charity.

By your food industry logic (which is flawed btw, it is different in many respects than the game industry)
    You would be ok with EQ2 losing far too many paying customers due to poorly worded advertising and promises vs calling them out for it to change their practice?

You must be ok with this game going the way of EQ1's Al'kabor server then.
    Ashandra and draidean like this.
  13. Herrah Member

The team posting news is advertisements. Don't forget that.
    Ashandra likes this.
  14. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

What was said and not delivered?
    Breanna likes this.
  15. Herrah Member

Have you read ANY of the posts in this thread? My eyes glazed over by about the 5th page. But I saw enough to know that announcements have been made and changed or not met. Don't expect me to research for you.

On that note, I am kinda done here. I said my peace and I defended it well enough. When someone can't look for themselves to see the flaws then the argument is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter win or lose, that bird will jump up on the board and crap all over the place and kick everything off.
  16. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Sure, gaming is part of the entertainment industry.

Daybreak is not Apple promising a A11 processor in your iPhone but swapping it with an A9 chip. Daybreak is not AlienWare promising an Intel chip but delivering an AMD chip. You can sue Apple or AlienWare if they did that (breach of contract). The analogous part here is if Daybreak promised X number of zones but did not provide that or promised "Tarsil, The Pure Merc' but that is cancelled (after purchases).

Daybreak is more akin to a movie studio (i.e. Disney) that promises a 3 hour blockbuster (i.e. Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker) but may be underwhelming or disappointing (i.e. poor reviews of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker).
    Breanna likes this.
  17. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

The prescience in the fact that I would have to lock this thread once it became a series of 1v1s is impressive.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts everyone, I am going to lock this now. If you need to share additional thoughts on anything feel free to PM me.
    Sigrdrifa, Breanna, Arclite and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.