A Note from Kander

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Kander, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AOE1 Well-Known Member

Excuse me? This is NOT EQ1 and it never has been like EQ1 as far as crafting is concerned. I know because my main had a trophy for every tradeskill except for the one that only a Shaman can have and the one that only a Gnome can have. Tradeskilling in eq2 has always been independent and originally you could be a crafter OR an adventurer or both. Depends on the person and what they wanted to do.
    Argosunited, Rose, Jaeded and 10 others like this.
  2. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sixgauge, Schmet is a valued member of this community, and English is not her first language. Relax, please.
    Rose, Victisa, Argosunited and 10 others like this.
  3. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I am sorry Sixgauge I really did not understand you either .
    sends air hug to " Sixgauge " , I am so on your side , I play on Kaladim ( most of the time )
    And I mean it peace :)

Dreamweaver told us EoF will relies on the 20th this month.
    Gear yea we get loot that we can't use until EoF comes out .
    If you want anything possibly done get behind Dreamweaver, he seams to listen better than any of the leading devs , but than I guess that's his job.

I care about all aspects of this game adventuring and crafting , and I have not spend much time on the old servers since they came out with the TLE servers.
    Rose, Argosunited, Gillymann and 8 others like this.
  4. Breanna Well-Known Member

You do not need to apologize Schmet you have done nothing wrong at all. He is just one of those people that like to stir up trouble. You just keep on being awesome.
  5. WhysperWynde Well-Known Member

It is very difficult right now to forage/mine/etc. for the harvestables we need without the Level of the Item. May I second the suggestion of Mermut that you fix the inadequacies of craft material information level and suggestion of Marae that Levels of Harvestables be indentified according to area found in? See if you are lacking the harvestable then you don't have it in your depot to see the Level there.

I have a third less adequate suggestion that if nothing else for guide, could you please post like at Maille's a List of Harvestables & their Levels up on the wall behind Maille & the Banker? If you made it a Pastable/Copyable List that each character could copy & keep for their own information = that would also be helpful.

C'MON ... THROW US A BONE AT LEAST!!!
  6. Francoise Member

7. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If the only tier you craft for is the latest and greatest, this doesn't matter. I keep a notebook in my bags with the tiers, the names of the nodes and the harvests, where you can harvest them etc. That doesn't mean I want to have to pull out my handy reference book or go to EQ2 Trader's Corner or the wiki every time I'm about to craft a bunch of stuff.

Consider, say, a carpenter. Interior decorators don't care what tier a house item is, they care how it looks, and maybe they care about status reduction. (Who am I kidding, we all care most about how it looks and fits in our design!) So, my carpenter often has a bunch of tiers' worth of materials, and it's not like wood is the only ingredient, either. You could probably memorize all the woods and know their relative tiers, but most of us (especially those like me with Old Timer's Disease) usually can't do it.
  8. Tangris Well-Known Member

Heck have the worthless crafters make armor kits (can't remember what other game did it) and we can make and sell those and they can be put on certain armor if you can craft that armor and can be traded/sold weapon smiths can make gems for items to give them a boost...make them temp if you want. Like a temp adorn.

Anything to make the TS'rs that have nothing to make feel good and a reason to level.
  9. draidean Well-Known Member

I finally have to speak.

I've been playing the game since launch, as I am sure many of us here have, and have seen bugs come and go (and sometimes not go). Up until BoL, I have just sat back and pretty quietly waited for the fixes while focusing on the playable content that I use. By that I mean that I am primarily a decorator/crafter and only really adventure and quest to acquire house items. I almost never group, raid, or PQ and so bugs related to that don't affect me as much.

However, the house is on fire right now. It feels like everything is collapsing. Every time I turn around there is a new problem. I can't progress this quest here, I can't do research there, it's becoming progressively harder to do things I did with ease before, like burp my pony and collect my crafting books, housing portals are busted, zone crashes and lag are outta control. At one point, for about two weeks, I was literally crashing to desktop every 15-20 minutes and every time I zoned into any guild hall on any server. It's insane. The game is almost unplayable right now for what I do. It is so annoying, frustrating, disappointing, and tedious as to not be any fun anymore. It is stressful and tiresome. It is like work. I do not look forward to logging in any more and am looking at other games.

The other big thing that is very different about this period in the game's history is that there is an overwhelming number of people telling you that the harvestable problem is really very awful and begging you to put it back the way it was (I agree, please add me to the list of these people), and you are saying you are not going to do that. This is extremely concerning to me. I was hoping that Darkpaw was going to pick up the pieces of this wonderful game and put it all back together again. The fact that you would simply refuse such a widespread and strongly felt request indicates the opposite. I know you said you had a reason, but I can't imagine a scenario whereby removing that information from the harvests will be 'better in the long run'. I'm open to hearing a more complete or better explanation, but it'd have to be REALLY good for me (and I suspect many others) to change my mind on this.

I'm on the wagon of 'skip the new content for a year and fix what we have so far'. There is a lot of beautiful and good stuff in BoL, but it seems like we are at critical mass here. I know you're working hard and probably have more than you can handle at the moment, which is why it might be a good idea to step back for a minute and work on existing problems before creating more new ones. And please, for the Love of The Norrathian Gods, put the level information back on the harvestables.
  10. draidean Well-Known Member

Heck I'll do some data entry for you for free if that's what's needed. You know where I live ;-)
  11. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update, it is greatly appreciated. After all we are the customers and sitting in the dark can be frustrating and just lead to rampant thoughts and displays.

Using the terms abusable exploits in a patch note is not winning the Dev's any points honestly. From a player perspective I find it ridiculous that while these were not meant to happen, over all the game was not collapsing or causing players to suddenly loose stacks of food, buffs, potions you name it as happened with the fix that followed. Yes the charm buff should have been fixed, but so should a lot of other things. It is rather frustrating that when an issue comes to light and benefits the players a hotfix is typically put into place rapidly, even sometimes that very day. While issues that are hurting players, potions not working, appearance mounts, mobs that constantly reset etc seem to be swept to the corner and the players are left to deal with it.

Fixing the food buff was time wasted that should have been put towards other game altering bugs, breaks. How about looking into reducing the challenge mode combat mit to at least match T1 raid mobs as an idea. Fixing the malice pots to allow predators to actually use them again? Maybe a new set of poisons for predators that is actually in the current expansion instead of the level 92 that is the last one released? Making bruisers great again. I would love to see the option to delete multiple quests at once instead of having to do one at a time. A tab for zones that are on lock out, one for heroics and one for raids to make it easier to reset.

Thank you again for the updates, please keep them coming.
    SolarFaire, Argosunited, Zynt and 7 others like this.
  12. draidean Well-Known Member

I agree with all of this one hundred thousand million percent!!!!
  13. Victisa Active Member

please for the love all cheeses please put harvests back as they were. I agree with everyone here about the current bug fixes that we have currently before adding more content.
  14. bro0x New Member

So... Much... This...
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Nah, no need to apologize; if nothing else, it was bulleted! :D

And I think all of your suggestions are brilliant (especially the "give yourselves and us a year of fixing things and we'll be happy" idea), though I'd heard rumors back from the old days of SOE where there was a certain group of rag-tag...not rebel heroes, but just plain jerks, who deliberately created a literal mess of spaghetti code as...I dunno, a form of protest? A white collar way of striking for better wages? Whatever, and flat-out gave an ultimatum to the Powers that if they weren't kept on, with additional conditions, that no one would ever be able to untangle it. The Powers at the time (rightly, imho) shrugged, told them not to let the door hit them on the tuchis on the way out, and that it would be dealt with or worked around.

I'm not sure how much of that old legacy mess is still around, but it's not just a matter of not documenting folks' daily efforts for several years, apparently. :-/

Uwk
    SolarFaire, Geroblue, Cyrrena and 2 others like this.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

But it's still a 3rd-party site that we shouldn't have to rely on so heavily. :-/

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Rose, Juraiya and 1 other person like this.
  17. FracasKrusher Active Member

I think Kander posted this because he was ordered to.
    I am sure he prefers the Discord channel where he has more control.

I feel this was a post to let players vent.
    I doubt devs read some of the walls of text posted.

I believe a sub program was run to probably create or modify harvest items and it mangled some.
    So the most time efficient way is to just modify ALL harvests
    instead of fixing the bungle.

Problems like this happen when programmers deal with "spaghetti" code.
    Having to go in and modify a program they did not write, have no documentation for, so is not fully understood.
    And there is no time for testing.

I think proper coding and communication will only happen when it affects DBG's bottom line,
    just like anyone else,
    They notice when you grab them by the wallet.

Expecting more is a dream sadly :(
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

If it was an accident on live, they could have used the code on test.
    They didn't 'fix' test as well until close to a week after the data was removed from live.
    If it was an error, they could have used the test data to fix it rather than 'break' test as well.
    Rose, Geroblue, Cyrrena and 5 others like this.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heck, they should actually USE Test for the purpose that it was intended for; you know, to, like, TEST things...? :-/

And whatever happened to the Beta server? :( Yes, it's still there, and yes, it's still used on occasion, but it used to be a lot more important in the day. :-/

Uwk
    who likes being able to get in on holiday stuff early, but...
  20. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

First of all: thanks for the upcoming changes to the overseer system, I'll wait eagerly to see them come to us testers. I was becoming increasingly frustrated (the fact that an account only had 6 1h-2h quests yesterday while having unlocked tons of longer one being a huge part of that).

As for harvests, this is one of the worst ideas you ever had. I mostly use my depot to sort stuff, so I'm not the most impacted player around, but for the 90-99 tier where we have multiple "half-tiers" of resources, it is a massive pain to keep track of what we have in our inventories. Please, reconsider. And please, if you're idea of a "new way of making TS recipes" is using random stuff to make random automated recipes like with BoL, reconsider this too, it's lame and highly unpractical.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.