Server Maintenance - December 17, 2019

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by dreamweaver, Dec 16, 2019.

1. dreamweaver Well-Known Member

All EverQuest II Servers will be brought offline on Tuesday, December 17, 2019 at 7:00 AM PT (15:00 UTC). Estimated downtime is expected to last up to 6 hours.

Update notes for this downtime can be found in the Game Update Notes forum once they are available.
  2. Leloes Well-Known Member

Six hours! Wow! Must be a lot to do tomorrow!
    Siren and Cassta like this.
  3. dorotea Well-Known Member

Tends to take a while when an expansion is rolled out.
    Cassta and Dude like this.
  4. Leloes Well-Known Member

That's right...I forgot about the expansion....
    Cassta likes this.
  5. Arabella Precari New Member

I am just coming back into game. Expansion during Frostfell; isn't that unusual? And I have tomorrow off too. o_O oh well! Must be Life trying to tell me something! :p
    Cassta and Dude like this.
  6. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Expansions usually come out either during or right before Frostfell; they're usually released in winter like this. At least it has been so for a number of years now.
    Cassta and Breanna like this.
  7. Balcerak Well-Known Member

Yeah usually it is a November thing but this one has been pretty much advertised to be December. And that's fine.
    Juraiya and Cassta like this.
  8. Nunja Well-Known Member

With the lack of a staff like back in the day things take longer to produce.
    Cassta likes this.
  9. Svenone Well-Known Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest_II_expansions#Desert_of_Flames

Most were in November, but two were in February and one other was in December. This one is the latest in December so far. I prefer when it is released "when it's ready", as opposed to a specific date whether it is ready or not. I would say "when it is bug free", but we all know that would never happen!
    Sigrdrifa, Rosyposy, Geroblue and 5 others like this.
  10. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Looking forward to the expansion :) (and yes I know there will be bugs still, and I know the folks at Daybreak will fix most of them) Yeah them.
    Breanna, Dude and Cassta like this.
  11. Rynnn Member

Noooooooooooooooo. :'(
    Why not start the server maintenance now. ;) That way we can all wake up and join in the fun. Hopefully the servers don't crash with everyone trying to log on at 1 p.m. PST lol.
    Thank you for all you Ladies and Gentlemen do for us that love this game. <3
    God bless and looking forward to the new expansion. :)
    SlayerOfTears and Cassta like this.
  12. Cassta Well-Known Member

Welcome Back! :D
    Siren and Dude like this.
  13. Juraiya Well-Known Member

They have to do it when folks are actually in the office, in case of eventualities. For an update this large, that's absolutely essential.

And it would not be fair to ask them to stay up all night to babysit it. They need sleep, too. Particularly since they probably haven't been getting much these past few weeks/months.

Besides which, when you want it to be done, I am still playing. I do keep weird hours. ;)
    Breanna, Dude and Leloes like this.
  14. Arabella Precari New Member

Thanks! I hope I can make it stick this time!
  15. blackthunder New Member

silly question when i can start the download of the Xpac * i got 3 comps i gotta do it on an try to get it game ready for them by tonight * severs won't be open for me till 3pm Central they get off work at 4pm
  16. Muli01 New Member

The Latest free content is Aom - lvl 100 top, what about us? the ppl who cant afford the new xpac are still going to roam so far behind?
  17. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Still leveling my baby channeler (Forgot how slow it goes when you're stuck on 50/50 lol). Maybe I'll be 110 by the time my budget stabilizes enough to join everyone on the moon xD
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

... and so it begins; the downtime!
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o no what am I going to do ? runs around in circles I could vacuum the carpet , or clean the dishes , or wash the laundry
    nah that sounds to much like grinding xp . I am going to wipe the floor and clean the spaces between the tiles with a toothbrush :D:p.

and about people asking if they can't do this at night , who's night ?
    Breanna, Rosyposy and Siren like this.
  20. Geroblue Well-Known Member

Download it on one computer. Then use a thumb drive to load it on the other two.