New Ethereal Armor

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Schortt, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Schortt Active Member

Just curious if I read that correctly, but it doesn't look like the resolve will increase on the ether shoulder and chest piece?? Is that true? Because as a raider I would lose 40 resolve if I have maxed out raid gear????
    Soara2 likes this.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

Even more so , 10 new lvls next expansion so all this gear will be replaced in solos
    Zeddicious, Hiza and Soara2 like this.
  3. Vunder Well-Known Member

its 110 resolve after you fully level it.

So sick of this levleing gear and grind fest crap this has turned into
    Seefar, Hiza, Soara2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rargo Active Member

Does it add MIT when its leveled up? So far I will not even bother with it.
    Soara2 likes this.
  5. Arcos Active Member

Just looked at the new merchant for ethereal items in Myrist with my conjuror. Could someone explain please why the only armour available is plate and no-trade at that. Is there going to be anything for the other 75% of players?
    Soara2 likes this.
  6. Gharyn Well-Known Member

If it's like last year it's plate that everyone can wear.
    Soara2 likes this.
  7. SteelBattleguard New Member

Looking at semi tankish armor i think will be the boots and shoulders for the mitigation ethereal relics and legs for max health/ casting speed and ability mod for the greater ethereal relic. That should then place you at the three armor items needed to unlock for alts after maxxing them to level 5. Level 5 will grant the armor a resolve of 110 instead of 90. The plate armor is usable by all classes. The only questions i have now are how many tokens to max out a single armor piece, how many member doubling tokens we farm a day and if there will be planned double or triple token days or weeks/weekends?
    Soara2 likes this.
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

As a member, running experts this morning, I got 8 Astral Gloom-Hardened Medallions. You can get up to 12, but the others come from doing PQs and solos, I understand.

I also heard from guildies that you should NOT buy from the Ethereal Merchant just yet, there was something wrong with the boxes that needs fixed, I dunno what.
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

23 days of max tokens to get and max a single piece of armor.
    Soara2 likes this.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

Don't turn the gems in yet.. the boxes are giving last expacs infusers.
    Soara2 and Hiza like this.
  11. SteelBattleguard New Member

So do not pay the 6 gems and plat today till they fix the herioc crates from the gem merchant and do not buy any armor from the ethereal merchant?
    Soara2 likes this.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

Yes this. The base mitigation on these armours are about 800 to 1000 lower than raid armour so its huge mitigation hit for tanks to use this.

What makes it even worse is that, only 2 of these armours have %mitigation on them so its huge mitigation hit to use some of these....

So with the base mitigation goes up if you level these armours pls?
    Soara2 likes this.
  13. Arcos Active Member

As I didn't do last years ethereal event could someone clarify the following. Description says you can only wear 2 Ethereal Relic items and can only wear 1 Ethereal Greater Relic. Does that mean you can have 3 relic items, 2 ordinary plus 1 greater or just 2, one of each?
    Soara2 likes this.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

2 ethereal relics and 1 ethereal greater relic. So, yes, each toon can only use 3 of the 7 armor pieces.
  15. Avithax Well-Known Member

I applaud EQ2's team for the effort with the Summer event however I don't see the point of doing it. The only option is to grind yourself into the ground on one toon to get 3 pieces of armor that aren't better than what we already have by Oct 29, then the level cap goes up 10 levels within a month and all the gear is irrelevant. I miss the days when Ethereals dropped from any mob in the game and were by far BIC gear/weapons.

Also it's worth mentioning that the no-trade instead of heirloom tag on the currency is causing a MASSIVE shortage of tanks and subsequently a huge shortage of groups.

Really hoping round 2 and 3 add more worthy items.
    Soara2 and Rhodris like this.
  16. SgtPmpkn Well-Known Member

Do you have to run the expert only version of the zones for coins, or can you run normal heroics?

I understand you can get 1 coin per day for a solo and PQ.
    Soara2 likes this.
  17. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

This, and the fact that in the blurb for the summer ethereals they show a character wearing the ENTIRE SET of this armor. What a crock.
    Soara2 likes this.
  18. Bludd Well-Known Member

maybe the drops from the expert zones look the same as this set?
    Soara2 likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

Drops from the expert zone are raid armor. Not sure about the appearance though

You could probably buy the entire set and put the other pieces in your wardrobe if you really like the look. Unleveled armor only costs 5 coins a slot, so not outrageous for an apperance slot.
  20. Vlkodlak Well-Known Member

This has been the problem for every year the Ethereals have come out. The Expac comes out in Nov / Dec, everyone grinds non stop to get geared up to run the current content. June comes around and look, new shiny ethereal gear, lets start the grind all over again with forced choke-point to get coins.. and just as many players are burned slammed out from having to grind ethereal's and for worthless no trade currency.. Bam! New expac.. Start all over again... More grinding.

When I first saw the armor this year I thought it was a joke, sadly they were serious. 110 resolve armor, equivalent to the end game raid armor anyone can now buy on the merchant after one day of experts. That makes sense o_O But why again is it and the coins no trade. With the broken mechanics already in place in the game, it is making it much more work than fun to play, get groups together for zones. Folks that have volunteered to tank to help out groups are getting left out in the cold. Its past time to get rid of the ridiculous no trade tag and save it for only the rarest of items, not every freaking thing we have.
    Seefar, Soara2 and Rhodris like this.