I feel like there is no content left?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fistpower, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Fistpower Well-Known Member

The expansion has only been out since November and I already feel like there is no content left to do, like at all.

You can raid, but recruiting and getting new people rotated into your raid squad is kinda hard with the resolve requirements, so every month you need to backtrack and do T1 raids again instead of trying to push T4, just because some raiders cant meet that resolve requirements.

Am I the only one that feels kinda meh about logging in on non raid evening already?
    Tommara, Kheldar, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Have you been running the Erollisi Day PQ? It can reward a number of 110 items, including barding slot unlocks.

Have you completed every collection in game?

Do you have all the Exploration Achievements? How about Quest Achievements? (This is EverQUEST, after all!) Have you maxxed your Slayer Status for every possible race? And all the other Achievements, from Shattered Lands onward? Some achievements have some interesting rewards.

Have you decorated your home? If you've been buying xpacs for a while, you probably have several new houses you can /claim and decorate.

Is your crafting maxxed? How about transmuting, adorning, and tinkering? Your swimming and alcohol tolerance, when both maxxed, give an achievement.
    Drona, Merriel and Breanna like this.
  3. Malachy Well-Known Member

He's probably referring to new adventure content that he can attain. Not a checklist of grinding inane achievements or completely different aspects of the game he's not interested in.

Rando: "Man, I'm really not impressed with the raid content this xpac."
    Sigrdrifa: "Submit a suggestion. And is your swimming skill maxed yet? There's so much to achieve in the game!"

Sigrdrifa, I definitely appreciate the helpful feedback and knowledge you bestow on these forums. But, honestly, the majority of your posts are just inanely gloating on the game and have nothing to do with what the poster is saying.
    Wimble, Feldon, Kheldar and 16 others like this.
  4. Arclite Well-Known Member

Nope, not alone. The content is and has been wafer thin since ToT. No amount of useless gimmicks/achievements/house decor or any pointless "skill trait levelling" should be considered as meaningful content in a new expansion. That goes for crafting as well. These things are something you may want to get into at the very tail end of the expansion and not just a few months in.

The current content is quiet literally the case of getting quick resolve/potency to do the group zones and get into raid zones. The speed at which you can achieve that depends on RNG and your ability to run zones over and over again.
    Kheldar and Mizgamer62 like this.
  5. Arclite Well-Known Member

Oh by the way Splatterpunk28, if i could double like your post, i would have.
    Wimble, Kheldar and Mizgamer62 like this.
  6. Fistpower Well-Known Member

I... I am lost for words. Are you serious with that reply? Like actually, after reading my post, thats what you came up and wanted to add to the thread and thought it would in any way be helpful?

Sometimes I just look at these forums in disbelief. /doublefacepalm
    Feldon, Kheldar, Mizgamer62 and 5 others like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Then I wont even bother mentioning that the Erollisi PQ does have a mount training item.
    Merriel, Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  8. Breanna Well-Known Member

It could be because people are always coming on the forms and whining and crying that they are bored and there isn't anything to do. There is literally TONS of stuff to do. Just because you didn't like her suggestion doesn't mean it was wrong. There can even be new content in some of the older zones I have found myself when travelling back threw them. So instead of talking smack maybe /facepalm a little harder.
    GrunEQ, Cyrrena and Sigrdrifa like this.
  9. Surgeon Active Member

Remember that one time you bought a movie ticket for movie1 and it ended abruptly
    then you told the ticket salesperson that it was too short and random movie watcher came along
    and said "hey just rewatch the other movie and watch it again but this time pay attention to everything else but the actors"
    and then you said, "but ... the movie, it's 30 minutes out of usual 1h30min".
    And next person comes along and says "Leave Britney alone, how dare you not rewatch that movie and watch movie2 and movie3"
    yeah that never happened, you only get that here
  10. Arieva Well-Known Member

Nope and while I've done nearly every significant meta collection in the last 7+ years of content...i can't talk myself into logging in to run the same heroics over and over for no trade shinies that never come around (and if they do my chance of winning one is a snowballs chance in you know where). I don't mind that they went with the less is more content approach but you know what..making what content you have in place so insanely ridiculous to complete has the opposite effect of what I think the developers were trying for. It doesn't encourage repeat play through the same content, it just has me logging in less than I would have with previous content because its not reasonably time effective to even try for it at this point.

When I do feel like playing outside of raid time I do so to harvest to level a future weapon...I don't even mind that so much though I know there are some that think this it's an awful way to gain resolve for the huge jumps in raid tiers. At least it is an attainable reward with time spent and dedication..unlike some other things in game atm.
    Kheldar and Rhodris like this.
  11. Tommara Active Member

I've really come to rely on things Sigrdfifa has said (which are very, very good and useful) and do think that EQ2 has the best housing ever in an MMO that combines combat with decorating. I've just been absolutely amazed at the literally wonderful things creative people have made in EQ2, given the limited toolset.

But limited toolset is the thing.

When I'm feeling into decorating, which isn't often, EQ2 doesn't even begin to compare with Second Life, whose toolset is not limited, if you're willing to give them real life money. Not that I'd recommend SL at all! It's business practices are sleazy.

If you're into decorating, collecting shinies, exploration achievements, etc. Ark is much better.

Which I got bored of months ago, and am only here because EQ2 was different. It's now pretty much a mess, ranging from issues like auto-attack and killing mobs are useless to solo players not even having the chance to get lucky drops so that they can provide a meaning contribution to a group.

The gear hurdles just to be acceptable to a group doing basic content is both bizarre and byzantine.

See, for example, https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/a-guide-to-chaos-descending.588164/
    Kheldar and Merriel like this.
  12. Malahk Active Member

It could be worse. You could be on AB like me. I just yesterday got enough resolve to do T2 heroic zones...but now nobody groups. So I'll trade places with you and your T4 raid gear ready toon.
    Aleyris likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

He didn't SPECIFY. He mentioned that all he does in game mostly is raid, but didn't say anything specific about what other content he wanted.

There are hard-core raiders who are kick-*** interior decorators. At the moment, there's a nice, challenging Holiday House Exchange going on in the Norrathian Homeshow Forum. This is kind of like that TV show "Trading Spaces". You get someone else's house to decorate, and they may or may not give you some ideas or general preferences, and you're off! Meanwhile, someone else is decorating one of your houses. This is a fun game for me, because you're both trying to anticipate what your homeowner will like, while satisfying your own esthetics. But then, I see Norrathian interior decorating as a kind of ephemeral 3D art.

I've also seen raiders actively pursuing the various "Destroyer of {Race}" titles. I know several raiders who are shiny fiends and chase collections (they keep dragging me into Nizara for those last five or six shinies).

Having the tradeskills maxxed is helpful to people who raid and run heroics because you can make a lot of useful stuff you need. Right now harvesting is fairly satisfying for me at least, because I put on tunes and it's relaxing and meditative, then I have the rares to make into weapons so I can break them for Greater Weapons Essences, or sell them, etc. I've always liked harvesting as a kind of zen, relaxing activity.

I get a kick out of mentoring down and soloing old raid zones. YMMV. Ditto old heroic zones, if they contain shinies I am missing. I also mentor down and go do quests from old content that I missed the first time around (I find more interesting house items this way!)

It's not that there's no content. Also, Catch-22: during PoP people griped bitterly about having to do all the faction and questing before they could get to heroics. Now there's kvetching that there's not enough questing. You can't please all the people all the time. I suspect that the PoP griping is why there's a very short questline this time, and the tool they used to consume player time this go-around is the steep gear-up you need to do heroics.

I'd personally like to see a sig line AND several other quest lines in an expansion. I'd like odd side quests. I do like the little dropped item quests in the overlands and the cataloguing quests, there's just not enough variety. I'd really like it if some of the books in the library were made into quest starters for a longish quest line with lots of interesting lore (and maybe some cool house items!)
    Argonath, Tommara, Evguenil62 and 2 others like this.
  14. The_Cheeseman Well-Known Member

This is the inevitable result of stat bloat. By instantly obsoleting all rewards and trivializing all challenges from older content with each new release, you essentially shrink the world. Sure, EQ2 has over a decade of awesome content out there, but there’s no compelling reason to go seek any of it out as more than idle curiosity. Everything but the newest expansion is essentially a museum of a game that once was.
  15. Drona Well-Known Member

I think people are being harsh on Sigrdrifa. There is LOT to do in the game but most people, including myself, don't like any of them other than adventuring stuff!

Due to lack of time I don't even raid so the ONLY thing I have been doing is running solo and heroic content over and over again. I am not bored yet but I know I will be soon. However, I knew when I bought the expansion that they will not add any new adventuring content for at least 6 to 8 months and I have to run the same content over and over like mouse in treadmill!

How is this situation any different from previous expansions? Its the same old story. You will be running the same old zones from November to July etc. Surly you knew what you were getting into when you bought the expansion? Were people expecting something different?

Yes resolve requirements are bit harsh but I highly doubt things will change even if they drop the resolve needed.
    Breanna and Sigrdrifa like this.
  16. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I have learned my MMORPG lesson well and now I do not rush to the end-game content. Every MMO's that I played have plenty of content and can be played years-long until the end-game content. Everquest 2, LOTRO have items that can stop you from gaining experience. WoW and FF XIV both have something like this too as far as I remember.

P.S. EQ2 gets new expansion each year, perhaps it's too late for this one, but can be done in a different way with the next.
    GrunEQ likes this.
  17. Arclite Well-Known Member

You can thank the following for that:

1. People with scripted bots doing the zones on their own to farm no-trade shineys
    2. People have gotten everything they wanted from the groups zones (very generous RNG or just grind early on with good groups/players)
    3. People who are actively raiding and have access to higher resolve gear has no reason to do group zones except if they want an item like the cloak (of course raids offer better upgrade now) or the no-trade shineys or get gear for alts or celetsial quest (which probably will be odds since you can bid on alt gear in raids anyway). I personally do weeklies with guild in one night and get it over and done with. T2s are hard if you do with low pot/low resolve group. Once you go past those checks, you don't need a full group.
  18. Wimble Active Member

Propping up current, thin content by relying on older content to fill the gap can only go on for so long... whether you're forced to do it (fabled versions of old content, epic 2 etc) or feel compelled to as something to do.

I actually quite like some of the choices they've made in the expac but i can also say i stopped running heroics some time ago. I do them for the monthly celestial quest. I supposedly have a "need" to do them for meta collections (not close to finishing) and to get the stone currency (needed for raid gear), but... I just cba this expac. gave up some time back. as have significant portions of the population *across* servers. the only people engaging in the heroic content seem to be the pre set groups of friends etc and botters.

Sig you come across as a bit pompous tbh, maybe YOU are happy finding ways to make old content relevent for you, but not everyone is prepared to be an obsessive twitchy completionist... people want to be engaged in ways that make their toon relevent, better, for *current* challenges. The current mechanism for that seems to be - guys, you need to progress through 10? 12? tiers of gear this expac if you aspire to hitting end of expac content (t4 raid). i can tell you now that amount of gear replacement etc is getting really old. the other thing is - guys, you need 1500?2000? essences to level up various weapons.. you get the idea.

the grind aspect, which is expected and a part of mmos, is fine, it needs to be balanced with content that engages players...differently...more interestingly, maybe.. i would say its 90% grind at the moment. I include the endless gear replacing, pattern acquisitions, etc, as the grind. cos it certainly isnt "fun".

.I really wish we could have a mechanism or two to improve the toon rather than doing it thru gear. Tithe was the last attempt at that. it became a problem... because of the amount of crying. i think if it went that way again and be open from the start ( you can earn it for yourself and benefit early or wait for some bauble at expac end) there would be no tears.
  19. Evguenil62 Well-Known Member

I have an idea on how to make all content relevant again, although it is not going to work in EQ2 I think (it's too late).
    Nevertheless, here's the idea:

Instead of mentoring we need a 100% switch to back in time. Let me give you an example.

Let's assume you are a level 110 paladin and you enter dungeon level 20.
    The game automatically switches all your attributes, spells, abilities, gear and all the rest back to the moment when you were level 20 last time. That means that game should save your progress as level 20 paladin whenever you switch to another level. You still keep the ability to improve your level 20 standing by gaining better level 20 gear and spells while you are level 20 paladin until you switch to another level once again.
    The same mechanism applies not only to level 20 but to every and each level between 1 and 110.

What is the biggest advantage? The biggest advantage is that all content is relevant.
    Once a proper balance for a certain level 20 dungeon has been achieved it can stay where it is and the further game development can't alter or break it anymore.
    Kheldar likes this.
  20. Arclite Well-Known Member

It could have been done but doubt it will be done now. Too busy on thinning the population by working on the new pvp server (doubt it will be a success judging by the beta) and the new TLE server.

I know for a fact that guild wars 2 have that system where your character, regardless of its level, will be matched with the zone you are in. It applies to overlands, so starting areas are as challenging at level 10 as they are 80 so there is always a point in doing every zone as the rewards scale with level.

Now imagine Antonica with auto mentoring making the Gnolls as hard as they will be at max level heroics. It will immediately be fun to play, update the loot tables accordingly so if you were to pull the rumbler with a level 20 toon and yourself whilst mentored down, you get max level loot while the level 20 gets it appropriate level loot. This is immediately fun considering the vast majority of the game is empty and filled with unfullfilled potential.
    Tommara, Rhodris and Kheldar like this.