I feel like there is no content left?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fistpower, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Abasinolanam Active Member

While I agree, I do think all but her first sentence was off topic. The OP specifically brought up the latest expansion and its content as the core issue. Perhaps it wasn't an eloquent study of the problem with the expansion's content but it was the beginnings of a discussion of that topic. I just started playing again recently and I'm interested in the original topic.
    Rhodris likes this.
  2. Tommara Active Member

I'm not even a raider in EQ2 these days, but I've also been struggling to find a reason to log on, despite the fact that I have a spouse who would really love it if I did. Despite the fact that we fell in love while playing the original EQ, and have been playing EQ2 off and on for 12 years or so (due to burn out from EQ and SWG, we played that other MMO that came out in 2004 instead).

But once we played EQ2, we've never wavered from our agreement that EQ2 is the best MMO ever, primarily due to the fact we're both crafters, and so enjoy making useful things. Between the two of us, we have all crafters at 110, all of whom who've completed the CD crafting quest line.

Despite the fact that our crafting skills have been hugely profitable, it's just not fun.

So when the Diablo3 new Season started, I immediately jumped ship for it, and now that my interest in Diablo3 has waned, I can't seem to find any interest in logging into EQ2, although I really want to, because my husband would like it, but we would never demand it of each other to play a game that wasn't fun.

But playing Diablo made me realize why EQ2 wasn't fun for me, this time around.

In Diablo, there's a random chance of finding an upgrade. Since we've got all crafters at 110, that doesn't happen from solo/duo content.

P.S. I'm also pretty much irritated by the change in what stats are important since I last played (max level characters at 95). Resolve, potency, and fervor are all that matters (or at least, are of consuming interest until you have those 3 at adequate levels). Yet the plethora of crafted and dropped gear contain stats that are of now no use, like pretty much everything related to autoattack. I logged in my 110 Templar tonight intending to upgrade her spells, but the first spell I looked at, Aegolism, which used to be a nice buff (at least to my original EQ experience) now buffs abilities that are of no use, and buffs them by two digits, whereas with her pretty much sucky Student gear (next on the list to upgrade) already have the most useful stat (stamina) at 5 digits. i.e., despite the weird stat changes, they haven't bothered to make buffs and other spells comparable. 1% increase in stats isn't worth casting.

No doubt if I made the Expert spell for it, it would be better. But hardly inspiring looking at it.

More fun posting here and complaining about it, and hopefully someday, more useful.

I really loved Landmark too, and miss it much.
    Kheldar likes this.