CD TS Sig Line Done...but where are the "horse" recipes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Bhayar, Nov 17, 2018.

1. EmJay Well-Known Member

The guild harvesters will harvest up to level 100 harvests just like the ponies.

Yes, you can go to someone else's guild hall to pick up the harvesting quests from their guild harvesters if the permissions are set to allow it.
    Breanna and Katz like this.
  2. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No they only have daily harvesting quests for PoP and CD. I never found that you can get the quests from someone else's harvesters. In PoP there was an NPC in CoV that would give us the harvesting daily quests. I am the only one in my guild now and keep the doors open by double guild status events, although in another thread, there were a couple suggestions for a significant amount of status utilizing lower level zones so I will not need to rely on the double guild status events. I have all the crafting stations, all the harvesters, all 3 writ givers, a banker, a gardener, a mender, a merchant to sell all trash and status items, a chronomage, a collector, a recipe salesman, a fuel salesman, all the large depots and a small depot for recipes and a small depot for harvestables as well and the hall is a T4 on the CL Docks, my status upkeep is 832K a week and I have been doing it alone for over a year now. Get the harvesters, they will make a world of difference.

EDIT: I guess I have never dropped in uninvited to someone's guild hall that had the permissions set so I could get the quests from them. Will have to ask some friends. When I finish the CD TS line, I will set my guild harvester permissions so others can get the quests from them. Thank you EmJay.
  4. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks Cyrrena!

I'm being extremely frugal with status rent cost. I have the travel amenities which after they changed to fast travel on the map, I suppose I don't need these anymore? I purchased crafting stations a while back so don't rent them, I do have the rush order writ giver, the adventure writ giver, the fuel and recipe npc's, the chronomage, banker, broker, and commodities exporter, gardener, mender, mailbox, gambling goblin, guild buff banner, bartender, stylist, guild translocation beacon, and the large harvesting supply depot, and the portal to housing. I'm in a tier 1 hall still. My status upkeep is 124K a week.

With the numerous characters that I have with a pony and goblin, I don't see a point in getting the guild harvesters. They would cost me 6 million status to buy all three and then 30K status a week for rent while the pony and goblin are free to use.

My rent for the druid portal hireling, the small ulteran spire, and the navigator's globe of norrath totals 20K per week. Can anyone think of a reason to keep those in my guild hall since we have the fast travel on the map?

Will I get any status refund of the purchase price if I remove them? I'm not having any trouble with the status upkeep right now but the less time I spend specifically to acquire status the more time I have to do other things.
  5. Celan Active Member

Quick Travel is only available to "all access" players. Any so called FTP can't.
  6. Katz Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll keep those then for my non-all access folks.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Melkior Well-Known Member

Yes Katz if they set them at a level for visitors or give you the status (friend/trustee) to use them. Also, the guild harvesters harvest the same tiers as the pony and goblin. Only the houseplant give PoP and CD raws.

EDIT: Weird, I didn't see some of the other responses before I posted this, even though they were earlier. I had to click a link to see additional responses, which before today I had never seen.
    Katz likes this.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I do not have a broker, a barber, a bartender, or a buff banner (just noticed, I must have something against amenities that begin with a "B"). I also do not have the gambling goblin because when I moved from the T2 to the T4, I could not see the goblin, no matter if I reset it to is original position, sold it and bought it back, nothing I did worked, I petitioned and was told it was a known issue with no eta for a fix, that was 3 years ago.

I have no idea what you would save on upkeep if you got rid of the broker, barber, and bartender, but for me, its much more help to have the harvesters. And in CD, almost every quest gives status, so that helps as well.
  9. Dude Well-Known Member

If you want to get rid of them, there is most likely a Cloudrat Travel Dojo on your server. Open up the housing tab on your character sheet, press "access," and then "ratings." The travel dojo should be at or near the top. Select it and press "visit." You will have access to all sorts of travel options. You can do this from anywhere in the world.
    Breanna, Cyrrena, Katz and 1 other person like this.
  10. Breanna Well-Known Member

Not sure what server you are on, but I'm on Maj'Dul you are more than welcome to use mine. It should be set up so that anyone can use the stuff, unless something boinked out with the expansion and that I haven't check it lately.
  11. Breanna Well-Known Member

Forgot to answer one of your questions LOL If you do sell the status items back you only get back 50% of the status you spent to buy them, and if you have a lot of rent paid in advance I'd wait until that is almost done to sell since they have already been paid for.
  12. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I got one yesterday from the daily harvesting mission. I wish the drop rate was a little higher. As it is, we have a disgusting amount of profiteering going on, both in sales prices of books (which is scarcity driven) and in both broker sales and commission costs in crafted goods.

OTOH, I've seen guildmates pulling together to pass around recipes to each other so a guild as a whole had access to one of each flavor crafter that had all the recipes (or as many as possible). This kind of mutual aid is heartwarming.
    Febrith likes this.
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Order of the Rose of Erollisi T1 GH in North Qeynos is also open for visitors to use most everything.
  14. Katzandra Well-Known Member

You know you need a break from EQ2 (or a good shrink) when you wake up thinking about tack patterns. I have gotten 2 academic tack recipes as rewards for the daily TS quest. It seems kinda silly that my crafter can make Academic Saddles and Reigns, but not the basic student ones. I wondered if I missed a place where we could purchase the student recipes. It sure seems like we should either get the student recipes in our basic class recipes or be able to purchase them somewhere.

And..........anyone else think that patterns should stack? I mean they are like crafting ingredients..............

Back to sleep............and hoping for visions of sugar plums............or something better than EQ2 tack in my dreams!
    Sigrdrifa and Breanna like this.
  15. Katzandra Well-Known Member

Interestingly, Academic Reins Recipe book only has recipes for..........saddles?
  16. Breanna Well-Known Member

LOL that's funny Katzandra, I drive to work and see a piece of wood or something and think I need to go harvest that. A few of us have been going to meetings, but it really hasn't helped much. :)
  17. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I /bug'd that recipe. Either we are supposed to get reins or saddle, the name should match for w/e they decide.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yes, and they should automatically sort into harvest bags.
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Player2 Member

guild hall daily's to get a drop ?
    canceled memberships. i'm done with the gates
  20. Mermut Well-Known Member

Harvesting quests don't give horse recipe bits as rewards.