Mounts in CoV

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by HuCa, Mar 8, 2018.

1. HuCa Member

I have made this post as I, and I know many other players, are sick and tired of the mount problem in CoV especially around the PQ times. It is bad enough having oversized mounts in normal zones but to have them on show in CoV is just damn right ignorant of the players especially when they decide they dont give a **** about other players and stand right ontop of the spot where the PQ portals spawn or ontop of NPC's like the banker etc in the zone blocking acces for all other players.
    Many times comments have been made ingame about this problem and all we keep getting told in general chat and says is for "US to render mounts (hide all mounts)"...... WHY should we? I too have a big mount equiped due to the benfits it gives in stats etc...BUT....I have Frostfell wings on show ALL the time so as not to offend others by blocking portals or Npcs with a large mount. It doesn't take a genius to see how big their mount is, NEITHER does it take a genius to realise there is an EQUIPED mount option and a SHOW mount option on your chars mount screen where you can have your BIG FAT ARSED mount equiped but have something smaller on show ..... especially when in zones like CoV where it gets very busy especially around PQ times.
    I personally feel people in this game should go back to respecting other players and NOT have the attitude: ME FIRST and SOD the REST . Have some respect and common sense when it comes to CoV type zones (where it gets very populated) to adjust what mount you have on show so your NOT blocking access for others to PQ's or NPC's
    Illusionists that have big mounts on show seem to also forget their pet (personnae reflection) also shows the same mount they are using...... so that makes two for one blocking access Just another pointer on how annoying the Oversized mount problem is.

If the players can't see reason as to the problem they are causing with their OVERSIZED mounts then the Dev's need to make CoV become like Guild halls....... where mounts are disabled while in the zone. WE should not have to keep adjusting our settings to hide mounts JUST because others don't use a bit of common sense in the zone.

Do not reply to this post if your just going to say "HIDE MOUNTS" to us like you do ingame when the comments are made as that goes back to the.... ME FIRST and SOD the REST attitude which is not how this game was or is meant to be.
  2. Dageekpimp Member

So people should bow down to the almighty me first HuCa and not think of others when they have their mounts hidden.
    Normalbob and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Crastinal Active Member

Reading comprehension is not your strong suit, I see.
    Heijo, HuCa and Simparri like this.
  4. HuCa Member

The point is I DO respect others and DONT have the ME FIRST attitude. I use wings on show all the time as to not annoy others wanting to play and enjoy the game. People cant access things if others have their big Mounts blocking what they are wanting to access. People should not have to HIDE all mounts just because of the few people whom have the wrong attitutde when it comes to having some common sense when waiting for PQ's etc to start. Its sad there are those whom Have the ME FIRST attitude and spoil the game for a majority of others whom don't. I dont mind Poeple having Big mounts ....Just would like them to NOT stand directly ontop of spawn locations or NPC's if they choose to have their huge mounts on show........Common sense.
    Lateana, Heijo and Simparri like this.
  5. Dageekpimp Member

Oh I can read, and yes it might be annoying but if it upsets you so much, hide mounts get the zone, update, unhide mounts and quit crying that people don't even notice mounts anymore when they have them turned off. This game does not bow down to one certain playstyle. There are a lot of different people in the world, learn to adapt.
  6. Dageekpimp Member

If you have your mounts hidden, others can still see your mount but you can't. It's not a matter of them being what you call ME FIRST, it's a matter of them being hidden and not seeing mounts anymore. Not even realizing they are in the way. Annoying, sure but you can compromise by having fun in game and adapting instead of thinking everyone is out to get you.
  7. HuCa Member

LOL same old same old.... HIDE MOUNTS .... Like i said : WHY should we?. I AINT crying I am making a point of the problem on here as it seems it falls on death ears ingame!! If you actually took notice ingame you would see there are others that also have problems with the big mounts when it comes to CoV NOT just me. So its NOT down to just one Person complaining on this matter !!. Some people need to read what others say in posts before trying to be a smart **** and replying with crap. Recently this problem with mounts in CoV has gotten a lot worse and something needs to be done to resolve it. TELLING others whom like to have their wings etc on show to HIDE MOUNTS just because a few others WANT to annoy the population with deliberately having their oversized mounts blocking access is not right nor is it fair. That is why I said instead of telling people to Hide their mounts the Dev's could simple make CoV like Guild Halls where mounts are hidden as soon as players enter the zone....that way nobody has to manually change their settings everytime they enter that one zone and those whom think themselves clever doing the mount blocking deliberately no longer would be able to. People dont complain about Guild Halls not showing mounts so why should they if CoV was made the same way?.
  8. Dageekpimp Member

And again it falls on deaf ears....If you have your mounts hidden, others can still see your mount but you can't. It's not a matter of them being what you call ME FIRST, it's a matter of them being hidden and not seeing mounts anymore. Not even realizing they are in the way. Annoying, sure but you can compromise by having fun in game and adapting instead of thinking everyone is out to get you.
    Normalbob likes this.
  9. HuCa Member

Even if they have their mounts hidden they know that others can still see them and should have sense not to stand on the spawn points and not just tell others to hide theirs.There is a big platform where the PQ portal spawns so there is NO need for those in question to stand directly ontop of spawn location. I didnt make the post to argue with others so stop trying to do so. Its a post pointing out a problem that the Dev's need to look into and for those with Big mounts equip with nothing smaller on show to have a bit of common sense thats all.
  10. Dageekpimp Member

Unfortunately if people have had mounts off for some time, years even, they have come accustomed to no longer seeing them and don't realize they are in the way. The idea you have is good if DEVs do something but you know how they are, so it comes down to adapting to the way the game is until there is a change. But calling people ME FIRST because of their mount they most likely don't even see anymore is a little much. If you have a problem with something in game address the DEVs not cry because people don't do everything you think they should do. Learn to adapt to situations you can't control and you'll be a happier person.
    Normalbob likes this.
  11. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Sorry, HuCa... it's your responsibility to hide mounts if you don't want to see them.
  12. HuCa Member

Thats just it ....some people ingame DO have that attitude of Me First as proven at recent PQ's ...... comments made in chat about big mounts sat right ontop of portal spawn spot and the people on those mounts reply in chat for us to" hide our mounts"..... hence why this is now a proven fact that some just dont give a **** about others and only think of themselves. It doesn't take much for the Dev's to see there is a BIG problem in game once posts are made on forum ....Hence why i made this post hoping Dev's and players see there is an issue and all work together to try to resolve it in a fair way and not just tell everyone to hide mounts. Its hard enough to get into Pq's and complete them since they reduced the instances down to max of 48 and cant fill all instances with the numbers, and even harder to get chance to get into 1st or 2nd version of instance every time due to the usual big mounts blocking portals making it impossible for others to click the portal intime to get a chance to be in a full instance. I say Usual as its always the same people who cause this mount blocking problem and dont seem to care or realise that they are doing it despite being told. Thats why something needs to be done ... not just because of me wanting it resolved but for many whom wish the matter resolved in a fair way: I was the one whom decided to put this post on the forum to show the problem that needs fixing as nobody else had ....that doesnt mean I am the only one with this mount blocking access problem.
    Heijo and Simparri like this.
  13. HuCa Member

I should not have to hide mounts to access portals or to speak to NPC's in CoV as I have not had to anywhere else ingame. It is also NOT just me with this problem. Just because I was the one to do the post doesn't mean others dont have this problem too. You only have to see chat over past few weeks around PQ times to see others have the problem too. Hence why i said IF people don't have the common sense to watch where they stand with their Oversized mounts (whether they have them on show or not doesn't matter as others can still see them) then the Dev's need to do something like making it and auto-dismount like Guild Halls. It isn't just at PQ times when this problem happens as it happens alot in CoV but PQ times are the worst as its when the zone is most populated.
    Lateana and Heijo like this.
  14. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Hey, I get it. I, too, hate it when a character stands on an NPC... or allows their pet or merc to block access. But mounts is an easy one to fix; if you hide them, you'll never have the problem of the mounts blocking anything. I'm glad we have the option to hide. Now, if we had the option to hide other people's ponies, pets, familiars...
    Lateana, Argosunited and Juraiya like this.
  15. HuCa Member

There is alot of things in this game that could do with a "Hide" option but sadly there isnt many available as yet. Thats not the point... the point is that it was obvious bringing into game the big mounts like the birds and dragon types that they would cause issues when near portals and Npcs etc and then to bring in such a populated zone as in CoV and have such a small portal for PQ and allowing mounts to be in the zone has caused this issue to arise. Hiding mounts is an option but that option was meant for those whom didnt want to see their mounts if they didnt like them etc. They added the show mount option so people could have an alternative mount on show rather than one they had equiped showing and many decided to use that option and have wings or smaller mounts on show so that they were not casuing problems for others etc( wings look better in my opinion than many of the mounts). But the main point is CoV is a very busy place especially around PQ's and allowing mounts in the zone is fine if people werent using the biggest mounts they have to block portals and causing issues. Big mountsaround the CoV PQ portal is a BIG problem and it would be better for all if the Dev's made the Zone a no mount Zone Like Guild Halls. After all mounts in CoV dont benefit you except for a bit faster movement so wheres the harm in making it a mount free Zone .... that way those whom like to have their mounts on show dont have to hide them to be able to access the portal etc just because others choose to use oversized mounts. POINT being: either have it set as a auto dismount zone or people with big munts to be more aware of the problem it causes if they stand on spawn point :).

If they were to add hide others ponies, pets etc it would help alot with lag problems too.... just wanted to say that to show my support on your idea there :)
    Heijo likes this.
  16. Finora Well-Known Member

I hate to be the one to point this out, but hide mounts was put into game for this exact problem.

We haven't always had the ability to hide mounts. Used to be if an ogre was standing on the banker with their gigantic horse, you just had to tab around or try to assist someone who already had the npc targeted or hope you remembered the name of the npc so you could /target them.

People complained about this and about how a change some years before had actually rendered your movement impaired when on most mounts, so wanted the ability to just not render them.
    And the devs listened. Back in 2010 in one of the big updates, we got the ability to hide mounts. I haven't had issues getting NPCS or doors or anything since except on the occasions where giant characters themselves park over the npc or item I need to interact with. And unfortunately that's not something that will be remedied by any changes to rendering.

Now in the case of CoV, there really isn't much reason for it to not behave like most dungeons and just make your mount not show. I personally generally just keep them off (personal preference). But unless the devs decide to flip that switch (and they may have a good reason not to), there's a perfectly servicible thing put in just for this occasion. You are just refusing to use it.
  17. HuCa Member

I am not actually refusing to use it ...as you put it. I am saying I dont see why we whom like to see mounts etc are being told to hide mounts because of some people being ignorant and standing right on the spawn location of PQ portals or on Npc's in VoC with their big mounts and making it hard if not impossible for others to click it. And the fact that when comments are made in chat that is the answer we always get told "Hide Mount" option rather than people just not standing on the exact spot in the first place. By now most if not all players whom participate in the VoC PQ's have an idea of where the portal spawns so would know not to stand right on that spot with their big mounts (whether others have mounts showing or not). Its hard enough getting into a PQ's with enough people in it to do itsince they drop the max down to 48, without having the added problem of not being able to click the portal quick enough in the first place due to being blocked by mounts. Hence why I said rather than having to hide mounts why doesnt the Dev's make the zone non mounts like Guild Halls etc. People should realise that NOT everyone wants to keep switching on and off mounts just to be able to access an everyday NPC or a PQ portal in Voc just so they can actually use it.
    Heijo likes this.
  18. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So hide mounts when you’re in there? I’m not going to lose the stats from my mount just to please the 1%.
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

You are being told to do it because that is literally what hide mount was created for.

Until such point that the devs decide to treat CoV as a dungeon, then that is your best option, because coming here and making cranky posts like your OP where you spend your time complaining about other players and telling them how rude they are for ...apparently existing and choosing to use a mount other than wings, rather than actually addressing a problem doesn't get you much sympathy from the people who played in the times when it was actually a problem with no easy solution.

In short, this is a problem on your end and the solutions are either to use the tool the devs already gave us or beg the devs to make CoV dungeonlike. Not attacking your fellow players.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You do not lose stats when you hide mounts - you just won't see yours or others' except when flying. Dismounting, now, that's a whole 'nother ball park... it's unreasonable of anyone to expect others to dismount in CoV. Personally, I wish we could fly in there.
    Lateana and Mercychalice like this.