Mounts in CoV

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by HuCa, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

Soooo,.. not holding those responsible for the lands of Norrath to account, eh?
    Recall also the FACT that those who actively purchase expansions/DBC/Krono/Membership are PAYING the $alaries of those very same.
    And as a paying customer, one can and SHOULD make known reasonable concerns on the service received.
    When reasonable actions are taken, this re-enforces the Connection With Fans(CwF), and giving them further Reason To Buy(RtB).
    An action that benefits everyone, I would consider quite reasonable.
    Lateana, Juraiya and Merriel like this.
  2. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Oh I do, and I agree. I just think there's so much stuff to 'fix', this falls into 'insignificant' to me.
  3. Kheldar Active Member

My take would be to let everyone keep all their mounts, and pets, and fluff visible whenever they want. But not have a single zone expansion forcing everyone into a single borting instance.
    Lateana likes this.
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

It's not exactly hidden. The macro is simply just a / command that does exactly the same as this box;

Options -> Display -> Characters and Animation -> Render Mounts.

If the above isn't self intuitive perhaps it needs flashing neon lights.

To say it'd be simple to add an option for people to hide everyone elses pets and such is crazy. Chances are someone would have to go backthrough every single pet, merc, familiar etc. and create a new tag on them. That tag would then have to be coded into the system to allow players to hide it.

Then where do you draw the line? Someones merc is blocking the broker, I'll hide them. I'm out in PoM and I see a named fighting, but no idea what? Because the merc is hidden. Or I go to pull a mob and suddenly it's locked to someone elses pet I can't see.

I've been playing this game since Dec 2004, and I can count the number of times someone has blocked me at an NPC on 1 hand. In 13+ years... This does not need developer time spent on it. They are shorthanded as it is.
    Rhodris, Rosyposy and Argosunited like this.
  5. Sinhika Well-Known Member

I like WoW's solution--forced dismount inside buildings. Your pet has collision-detection with terrain, so if you're mounted on a giant dragon, you can't even get in a building unless you dismount, but they do not collide with players, so other PCs can walk through your giant doorblock. NPCs are targetable and clickable through mobs of players standing on them. Seems like the WoW devs had to figure out how to deal with passive-aggressive griefing and thoughtlessness at some point...

Make the "Hide Mounts" option a character option, and easily draggable to a hotbar. This nonsense of being buried 3 menus deep in system options and having a non-intuitive macro command that only a shell programmer could love is, well, nonsense. A "Hide Others Mounts" (but not my own) would be a nice option to have--my Aerakyn have terrible running animations when their wings are not 'active', so I never want to Hide Mounts when playing them.

Mercs & combat pets need to be visible to all, but a "Hide Others Non-combat Pets" option would be nice.
    Crastinal likes this.
  6. Evilnok Active Member

I agree!...But yeah winged races run a bit funny if the wings aren't active lol
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

I am not too fussed about this but its bad manners use mounts inside buildings or crowded places so I am all for auto hide in CoV. After all, flight is disabled in CoV. However I don't want WoW style forced dismount, there is no need for that given you can simply hide the mount.
    Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Wait a second. I keep Hide Mounts on as a default, and I always see the wings on Aerakyn. I don't think those get hidden like regular wings do, just as a Fae's wings don't get hidden.

Try it at some point; turn on Hide Mounts, and see if their wings get hidden. I'm betting they don't for you, since they don't for me.
    Finora likes this.
  9. Finora Well-Known Member

The only way you can hide Aerakyn wings is to get one of the "wing" appearance cloaks and hide cloaks. Otherwise wings always show on Aerakyn.
    Rosyposy and Juraiya like this.
  10. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I have at least one Arasai who uses the wing appearance cloak from Shard of Love, and it covers up her wings. I don't even remember what her real wings look like anymore. :p

But I see both fae and aerakyn wings all the time, and I've been hiding mount appearance for at least a couple of years now. So I'm almost positive that the option won't cause those to go hidden.
    Finora likes this.