[IMPORTANT]Remove exp bonus in DoF

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by nanorre, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Lioneesa New Member

I think if AA's weren't so easy to get people would group up more for other zones while they leveled.
  2. Atan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't use that area for my main, but without it, I wouldn't really work alts.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  3. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

One Rock is super boring and tedious. I actually have a level 45 alt I haven't played in a couple weeks because I don't feel like running around one rock in circles pulling solo trash for 2 hours at a time. It would be neat if they actually adjust xp to be appropriate throughout the leveling path. Obviously grinding in CT should be better xp than plowing solo trash in an overland zone. It just requires a little dev attention, but ultimately I think it would be worth while, by extending the life of the server through new players, if xp was balanced better. If EoF xp in Kaladim, Klak, etc, is similar to Runnyeye and CT, I am also convinced people will ignore klak'anon and T5/T6 EoF instances, to blow past that level range on One Rock to 55.
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i'll be doing those other zones in eof on my alts, because after doing one rock once... yeah, don't like it, i leveled my other main without doing it, and i don't see the need since i have my two main raid toons setup. i can take my time and enjoy a different zone.
  5. Atan Well-Known Member

It's boring and tedious, but 15 levels in under 4 hours is significantly less tedious than getting those 15 levels elsewhere.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Yes One Rock is boring and tedious, only supports a single group, and is illogical to be significantly better than group zones... all good reasons for tuning xp. It could be done so that the time to reach level 60 remains the same, with measured progression through group zones. Wouldn't that be crazy if you could actually grind levels in Permafrost.

We will see what they do, and if klak'anon and CT sit empty while people dual-box through 15 levels on one-rock competing for solo mobs.
  7. Fistpower Well-Known Member

You know, you dont have to do one rock. Go to the two lakes. Go do PoF goblins. Go do PoF monks.

Go do harpies in PoF... Do the instances.

Its not like its ONLY one rock giving XP bonus. Its all the DoF content.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

Yes, but one rock has 'heroic' mobs with solo mob hp, that is what makes it the best really.
  9. Zarnafien Well-Known Member

I have no problem with areas like this with the level cap at 70 and going to increase down the road.

If I don’t want to level fast I will simply not farm this area.

I do think we need to avoid nerfing things in this game that people enjoy/use just because we don’t or choose not too. The more possibilities available to people to enjoy their time in Norrath means my favorite game gets to stick around a bit longer.

One of the reasons I play on FG is the current Dev trend on live to funnel people to play a certain way. Whenever a dev says “ We want people to....” a red flag goes up.
  10. Blaupunkt Active Member

It’s about time they stopped being greedy and trying to force people into buying Xpac pots to lvl at a reasonable rate through SL content, the only thing they will achieve long term is to kill the sever with new players not bothering as the end game gets further away.

Much like they did on SH.
    Mizgamer62 and Cheallaigh like this.
  11. Dude Well-Known Member

My impression is that the TLE servers aren't meant to be forever servers. They attract people that don't care for the current game and want to relive former glory. When/if a TLE server were to catch up to the current game, I don't think many people would be on it. Since you have to buy the current expansion to get past AoM, I can't imagine most TLE players to be interested in playing past AoM. That sort of predisposes the servers to end there, if not earlier.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. Blaupunkt Active Member

I don’t see how you got wanting the tle servers to last forever, catch up with live from anything I said, either way if you want the server to last longer than SH did which was over by the time TSO was finished, imo, even with out the other problems on that server you need a way for people to catch up or lvl needed alts to raid if some one needs or wants to change toons, right now levelling is not a fun experience, not everyone can afford to blow $$$ on Xpac pots to catch up and even if you can I am already paying a sub to play on here.

I mean they could just give us a version of the vet bonus for having a max lvl toon or two.
  13. Dude Well-Known Member

It's relatively straight forward. Because people on the TLE servers aren't buying the new expansions, the company has to focus on making money some other way. Sure they get the fees from subscriptions, but that doesn't seem to be enough. They have to make money some other way and that's where you get the cash shop.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  14. Blaupunkt Active Member

So we agree then that they are trying to force people in to buying xp pots, at least we got there in the end eh!
    Simparri likes this.
  15. Dude Well-Known Member

Yes, but my point is that there is no way that it's going to stop. It is core to the business model of the TLE servers.
    Mizgamer62 and Simparri like this.
  16. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I played my alt this weekend and joined a group starting up, we were mostly mid 50s. Of course they wanted to mentor down and go to one rock, because that's all anyone wants to do now... only problem is there was already a full group and multiboxer at one rock, so there were no mobs. I suggested we go to LT, where there is a great grind spot in the first room on the top floor, with 5 fast spawning named that drop level 55 jewelry and masters. They weren't interested in that, instead we all disbanded and went our separate ways.
    Tominator likes this.
  17. Tominator Member

I avoid One Rock & PoF gobby grinds too. That play style just doesn't appeal to me. At all. I guess if you were in a hurry to reach end game, or on your fifth alt, that might be an appealing solution.

The good news is I was on my 60 something Bruiser most of the weekend & thankfully didn't have any trouble getting Roost/AT/CM/PP groups.