Can't get in

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Raeven, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Skippy New Member

Mostly just appreciate the acknowledgement and updates. Makes it a lot more easier to tolerate not being able to play if we are at least kept in the loop a little. Thank you for that.
    Shmogre, Breanna and Locospy like this.
  2. Datoon Active Member

I'm so excited and I just can't hide it, I don't want to loose control, but I think I like it. ;)
    Juraiya, Arkarnia and Locospy like this.
  3. Locospy Member

more more - Let the mix flow
  4. dsoTm New Member

Can we get more details on what is planned? As in when the servers come back up will they still be on Double XP or Triple XP or will they be on normal XP with the Triple XP scheduled for a later date? Trying to figure out if I need to wake-up at 12am to maximize my bonus XP time.
  5. Datoon Active Member

We shouldn't even think about tomorrow
    Sweet memories will last a long, long time
    We'll have a good time, baby, don't you worry
    And if we're still playin' around, boy, that's just fine
  6. Locospy Member

Kander - Today at 2:26 PM

Servers are going to be down until 12 [Midnight] At the least. We will be scheduling Triple XP and Double scrolls or more for the next week, more info here soon. We will also be rescheduling AMAs for todays servers to Monday.(edited)
    This is the latest.
  7. Apan Member

looks like the game might be down for another 8 hours or so.
  8. Mastary Member

Seriously if no ones gonna be able to play all day we should get credited that day in which we pay for in a service your providing or in this case not at all? We should be refunded for time we definitely payed for but not getting?
  9. SharShar New Member

Have been trying to log in for about 5 hours and all I get is a trying login #2. Wonder how long the server is going to be down. Anyone know?
  10. Vanyel Member

Ahahah you're funny. SOE, and probably DB, don't refund game time. It's part of the risk you agree to in the EULA when you play a MMORPG
    Febrith, Cloudrat and Breanna like this.
  11. 1dvs Member

Hate to bear the bad new, but if you actually read the EULA, they aren't obligated to do anything. They can take our money and never bring the game back if they wanted to and we all agreed to it.
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Locospy Member

see post above.
  13. Bella222 Active Member

Why is info on Discord and not here on the forums?
  14. Uxtalzon Active Member

Oh! I can finally retire my old PC for good then. EQ was the last holdout for keeping old Betsie around. :p

See you folks around midnight-ish. Thanks to the developers and staff for their diligence.
    Locospy likes this.
  15. Ealasaid New Member

^ I hear ya!! My ONE day to login and play! Can't hold out until midnight gotta work tomorrow! What a crappy day! Lose my furbaby and now can't play my favorite came for the past 10+ years! *cough* SOE didn't have this problem! *cough* lol :rolleyes:

AND I'm NOT a new member been on here for at least 10 years! :confused:
    Marakad likes this.
  16. Gilasil Active Member

That's midnight PST at the least. Anyone who's at all familiar with IT speak knows that it's NEVER up when they say it'll be up. I really doubt everything will be working at midnight PST sharp. Best to just write it off until tomorrow.

As for me, I'm checking out some new Netflix shows I hadn't gotten around to before and don't plan to worry about logging in until tomorrow morning.
    Ealasaid likes this.
  17. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

hahahaa... wait, what.. you were serious?

C'mon mate. Look at the uptime of this game versus the times when its actually down. I'd venture a guess that Eq2 spends more time up than I do.... just sayin.

So its what - 15.00 USD per 30 days.... so basically 50 cents per day? Really? You want 50 cents? Or would you rather the .0208 cents per minute thats its actually down?

just... come on, have a little heart would ya.

inb4 someone makes a post outlining how they make 10.00 per hour and took today off of work to specifically play eq2 - and want to be reimbursed for their 10 bucks an hour... smh
    Gaelmyst, Gaviana, Berean and 2 others like this.
  18. Miroh Well-Known Member

19. Yellekai New Member

LOL - just like the good old days. Except I don't ever remember getting triple XP back in the day after an extended outage. I don't mind taking a day off if I get triple XP on the backside. :)

Edited to add: Plus we very very rarely got an update on what was going on. It was attempt after attempt to login and constantly checking server status. So these updates are very much appreciated. Nice to know I won't be frustrated trying to log in every 15 minutes.
    Febrith, Spextasy, Locospy and 2 others like this.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

or they could add a day for those of us who subbed. they have done that before.
    Gaviana likes this.