New XP changes, Expert zones

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Wimble, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Wimble Active Member

You've got to be joking, right?

Xp has been nerfed in contested zones. Ok. Replaced with what?! Mob xp in KA has been increased but only fractionally. I thought the PQ xp might be increased but no.

It now seems impossible to have any form of 'tithe grind' needed to get on a similar playing field more established raiders.

Expert zones is an interesting idea. The gear drops are, well, beyond laughable. TBH its not even worth salvaging.

Im actually quite angry about this and that is a new achievement for DBG.
  2. captainbeatty451 Well-Known Member

Are you planning on joining one of the top 3 guilds in the server in the next few weeks? Because that's the only place that getting insane amounts of tithe would matter.

Stinks if the xp isn't a huge increase, though. Also stinks if the epic gear is of the 100 potency variety. What I want to see out of them is what Kander had mentioned on discord. More illegible scrolls, include adept and master.
    Conifur likes this.
  3. Quigly Active Member

Care to include any actual data?
  4. Dinger Member

A lot of data posted on discord.

The exp adjustement is one of the all time fails... hopefully they fix it.
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

This is SoE... err... DBG we are talking about. Did we really expect any different? :( But, again, I do not blame the Devs. I blame the higher ups.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  6. Redlight Well-Known Member

The expert items are upgraded drops from the regular zone so if it was awful before it will be slightly better but if it was good it is now very good, resolve has been increased and from the fabled drops i have seen its better than T2 raid items.
    Experts lost in the fog ring for example is 15 resolve and 1257 potency.
    captainbeatty451 and DoomDrake like this.
  7. Dinger Member

The gear upgrades are okay.. its the destruction of exp that's the issue.
    Mizgamer62, Raff and Kittybock like this.
  8. Revel Well-Known Member

You're 100% wrong it doesn't matter, because raid content is being constantly changed based on how quickly those top guilds kill the mobs. Top guild smokes T2 and T3, they farm it awhile, Daybreak boosts them to make it harder for everyone else to catch up.
  9. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I am afraid that amount of adept/master scolls that drops in new expert zones will closely match to amount of journeymen and expert scroll now in normal zones
  10. darkfever New Member

I agree totally with you on this new patch. Daybreak seems to keep downgrading the game.
    1. They took away the Veteran Reward for dedicated subscribers
    2. They now take away the xp grind areas that were good for us players that are not in big guilds or do raiding
    3. Oh they give you extra ascension scrolls every week (but if there is no place to use them you will end up with a stack of worthless paper.
    4. They make new expert heroic zones...oh wow (not) there again is geared towards big guild and grouping.
    5. From what i have seen today the resolve out of the new expert zones is 1 pt more than out of raid zones (really)
    6. They come out with new expansions with the same tired idea as previous expansions. Yes the new overland zones and dungeons have great graphics but still same ole idea.
    7. Each expansion they change what stats are valuable and new currency so people that have grinded to get the currency and the gear have to do it all over again. Yes it keeps people busy but does get old
    I know i am just one subscriber to the game but i am about to my threshold on stupidity and willling to look for a new game. I have many years, 12 i believe, of playing the game and level grinding my guild but this garbage is getting old fast.
  11. Thand Well-Known Member

i got teh expert foglifters earing and it has 8.9 pot vs 589 for the normal one
    Earar likes this.
  12. Revanu Well-Known Member

Has the amount of xp gained for ascension been adjusted also? or solely tithe xp gains?
  13. Stach Well-Known Member

why is everything on discord anymore? Nothing is ever on the official boards :(
  14. Justaplayer Member

Which mobs got an xp raise?
    I run 2 KA advanced solo zones, burnt 400k ascension xp and got 2 tithe. I ran 1 butcherblock fabled advanced solo, burnt 800k ascension xp and got 4 tithe. It really seems like just a huge fail.
    Mizgamer62 and Earar like this.
  15. Mermut Well-Known Member

The changes were made to the kill xp, not the mission xp. For the solo/AS zones, the majority of the xp is from the missions (the zone quests and the timed ones) so the xp gain was not changed significantly.
    Only zones where most of the came from the kills (like contested zones) will the drop be noticible.
    Kittybock and Justaplayer like this.
  16. Justaplayer Member

From what I gathered they wanted to boost the current content xp. Can you give me an example where they succeeded with it Mermut?
  17. Kittybock Well-Known Member

We were trying to help one of our returning players today and all the zones we normally use were nerfed. Taking her though Agnostics was painful compared to walloping the crap our of SS or HKC. prior to nerf. Hoping they adjust this.
  18. Billzbub Active Member

So, to burn 1 million ascension per day on two toons, I would have to run 10 KA zones per day? I look forward to all the players figuring out other, better ways to get experience, because this isn't going to work for me.
  19. Vokan Well-Known Member

The biggest experience gain is our experience with DBG taking a slight problem and making it worse. The solution should have been to boost the solos/adv solos/heroics and raids with significantly more XP compared to contested zones. That would allow those zones to be viable for leveling, farming and tithe, but not as good as the tithe gained from running current zones. Everyone could have been happy.
    Ratala, Alenna, Feldon and 5 others like this.
  20. Justaplayer Member

I wouldn't even mind if the xp boost wasn't significant. If it just gave as much as the old content I wouldn't feel like wasting my time and xp running them.
    Oaklite likes this.