[Dev] Warlock Feedback

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mogrim, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Mogrim Well-Known Member

Two things in the new patch notes:

1)Why did Wizards get a buff to Fusion, making it even MORE superior to Rift?
    It was already better, and the only real excuse for how massive of a damage gap there was between the two was that Rift could hit a lot more targets (in theory).

Now Fusion can hit 8 targets, meaning that two spells, which were always intended to be similar in strength, are practically split by a magnitude of 2.

Rift really needs to hit 90% as hard as Fusion.

Why? Because there are far less circumstances now where Rift will be even remotely comparable to Fusion. Essentially, with the new changes, EVEN when you can hit 12 targets with Rift, Fusion will be better.

2) With the change to how often global cooldowns can trigger, this now even further slows how fast a Warlock can build increments. Currently, (if you didn't know) a Warlock build's increments at roughly the same rate as a Wizard, based solely on getting 1 Dark Siphoning off per increment build. This is only possible because we're getting reuse clears to allow Dark Siphoning to be sufficiently available. Now that those reuse clears aren't going to happen, we're going to (over the long haul) - charge slower than Wizards, do less damage with our increments than Wizards, and just watched Wizards get their AOE buffed to where it now even outperforms ours in our best case scenarios.

This just doesn't add up. It's isn't even that Wizards are particularly awesome right now. I'd definitely put them below Summoners/Assassins/Beastlords. I don't know about Rangers. But as bad as Warlcoks are, practically everything they do, they do a bit better than a Warlock, now. Not to mention they've got a temp spike ability that grows in power as they grow in power, and Warlocks do not.

I continue to send LOTS of feedback on this stuff, and it just goes completely ignored.

What.
    Is.
    Going.
    On.
    SERIOUSLY.
    Riktor likes this.
  2. Konc3pt Active Member

Warlawks seem fine to me
  3. Daray Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the grass isn't always greener. Fiery Blast has been broken for quite a while now because there is some damage reset (or rollover or something) happening whereby the returns get reduced to a fraction of what they should have been. I am seeing it very frequently on AE charges (returns of a couple of hundred million on eligible damage, which is a low percentage of what it should have been). Less so on single target charges, for the time being, but that's only a matter of time.
    Simien and Rondo9 like this.
  4. Mogrim Well-Known Member

The issue is, even a "not quite working right" Fiery Blast still is better than a "3-4% increase to damage, half as often".
  5. Daray Well-Known Member

Actually the returns I get on AE charge FBs probably aren't far off that. The one I took the time to break down into eligible damage yesterday came in at just under a 3% return. I see no pattern on why, and haven't really been able to narrow down the breaking point, but I rarely see any FBs over ~5bn.

I imagine it is a code issue that will also affect RO charges at some point, if it isn't already.
  6. Konc3pt Active Member

maybe it's player related and the class is actually just fine?

warlocks are fine that is. wizards need to have fiery blast looked into. please fix
  7. Aukoor New Member

Mogrim has a good point. Another related issue that's been brought up months ago was Focused Casting. FC is now completely broken. A simple fix and easy implementation would be to return it to it's original values and remove the CB cap. I'd be happy with FC getting fixed and made relevant again in exchange for the fusion boost.

Has there been a dev response on this issue yet or even an acknowledgement?
    Riktor likes this.
  8. Konc3pt Active Member

if anything warlox need to be toned down. they're so strong atm. you guys just need to press buttons better
  9. Entropy Well-Known Member

I support FC ignoring the CB cap. Been advocating for that for awhile. Probably not going to happen, but it's worth fighting for.
  10. Yards Well-Known Member

Poor Konc3pt, everyone is ignoring you.
  11. kildnor New Member

Did you delete your BL last night and betray to wizard?
  12. Yoube Active Member

Warlox could always not spec into FC and choose something else. I mean, I remember one of the devs saying something about making choices.

Its time for warlox everywhere to make a choice and move on. This horse has been beaten so much it is dead 10 times over.
  13. Aukoor New Member

14. Aukoor New Member

FC isn't an AA spec. It's a spell that's central to warlock burst damage so ignoring the use of FC is not an option.
  15. Mogrim Well-Known Member

When you destroy the most powerful ability a class has (by far), you don't say "ok, we destroyed your class, move on" It would be one thing if other paths to playing Warlock had been made to be viable at the same time being a "burst damage class" ceased to be true. But we already were a poor sustained damage class, and then we became just a "poor sustained damage class with no burst potential either".
    Tharrakor likes this.
  16. Brightlyz Active Member

No its deff an AA
  17. Yoube Active Member

And you have just proven to me why warlox should be removed from EQ2....
  18. Aukoor New Member

Should say FC 'is' an AA spec....quickly texted on my phone at work and is/isn't got transposed. Sorry to disappoint ya Yoube
  19. Melt Actually plays the game

So you're saying that Rift, the full 360 degree AoE, that gets instant cast with stacks, is worse than Fusion, a frontal with an absurdly small radius and a stupidly (and unmodifiable) long cast time that gives it a tiny prioritization in a DPS rotation? Explain.
  20. Pitta Active Member

It doesn't now because of the introduction of combat mitigation, but towards the end of last expansion i saw the same results.