[Dev] Warlock Feedback

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Mogrim, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Melt Actually plays the game

Comparing it to Fusion is dumb. E'Ci, though...
  2. Mogrim Well-Known Member

I'm going to make roughly a 3-spell comparison to illustrate this:

Wizards:

Ec'i - Buffed to be insta cast by Prestige AA
    Fusion - Buffed for free
    Blast of Dev - Buffed to be insta cast by Prestige AA

Warlocks

Apocalypse - Buffed to be insta cast by Prestige AA
    Distortion - No Changes
    Rift - Buffed to be insta cast by Prestige AA

I'm using Distortion mostly because it compares closest with Ice Comet. Except it has become bad enough it should be on our don't-cast list. Yes, insta cast rift is good, but you already have an answer to that (Blast of Dev). The issue is really in "overall strength of spellbook". And in that issue, Warlocks have generally been worse than Wizards for quite a while. Further boosting a Wizard spell with no Warlock counter balance seems absurd to me right now, given the scales show that Wizards are already the more powerful class.

I don't think the changes to Fusion are ground-breaking or game-breaking. And from a QoL standpoint, I can see why Wizards would want the changes. But I also don't understand why Wizards would be getting a QoL improvement while someone else on the Dev team is apparently intentionally standing on the feeding tube that keeps Warlocks alive.
  3. Yards Well-Known Member

Up the damage of nox influx by like 33% and change the potency gained in the left side prestige to a base potency and I will be happy.
  4. Mandoblast Active Member

Running a left side spec would be amazing in that scenario.
  5. Mogrim Well-Known Member

In reality right now, based on what I see on parses and my overall feel of things, our class is closer to chanters and bards in dps than T1s, and we're behind Brigands and Swashies now too. We're not even remotely near any other T1s in power at all.
  6. Konc3pt Active Member

or you can just be an etherealist since that is how you currently dps in this game. there's only 4 classes now
  7. Mogrim Well-Known Member

8. Rondo9 Active Member

Yup, Winning a parse is based on who gets the biggest Ethershadow hit... Kinda boring and not fun atm.