Please clarify this particular patch note

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Sennen, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Sennen Well-Known Member

I'm all for being constructive.

Why would setting my healing reset rune to a 2 minute cooldown do anything other than make it even harder for non-shaman healers to get groups? It benefited me as a warden for all of two spells that were instant cast heals. Just because people weren't able to get these things that were put in the game, the powers that be bend to the squeaky wheels and make a great item sub-par?

I don't really care about my necro's reset rune. My healer is my main toon for gaming.
  2. Ykysh New Member

I have both hammer and rune, and can say i like change with hammer, while it resets all abilities that wasnt reseted with previous version of this item. So with good timing we can have double ro\vc, temporal mimicry, tsunamy and other utility ablities every 2 mins.
    Rune are worthless now if you have hammer, cause it share reuse time with it, and reseting same limited ammount of ablilities as before.
  3. Meneltel Well-Known Member

This was one of my main reasons for getting tired of the BS from Blizzard. If I wanted to be on a rollercoaster ride, I would be on one, not have my toon going up and down the scale of power. Why I left WoW and I wont be back! I'm not giving up on EQ2 yet...
    Whiomaju likes this.
  4. Adaac Member

All I've seen with this xpac is one nerf after another if you think you can prolong the game by making it harder for those of us who would like to progress to clear content then you are dead wrong. Countless hours wasted getting these runes only to have them blasted into oblivion. Some of the elite guilds got multiple hammer drops and the reset runes the rest of us had to make our eyes bleed to get. How are we supposed to get past the dps checks we were barely making now???
  5. Dithmir Active Member

Epic 2.0
  6. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Yes it should have. It shouldn't have made it past AoM. Honestly they shouldn't have ever been made at all.
    Meneltel and Malleria like this.
  7. Darchon6 Member

I feel that adding a 2-minute cooldown to global resets is a knee jerk reaction to players having cleared most of the expansion content prior to the holidays. It's difficult to feel excited about advancing my character when the developers can swoop in at any moment to regress it.
  8. Tsurupettan Active Member

What dps checks are you barely making?
  9. sc0820 Member

While you're making these awesome changes, I have some more you may want to consider along the same lines:

1) delete every players top character.. just for fun. maybe they will think its funny and play more

2) go ahead and delete their primary alt too, what the hell.

3) at the end of the epic 2.0 quest line, give everybody a 'scary clown' house item instead of a weapon... that would be HILARIOUS!!

I can come up with more if you want. For balance, you know
    Kraeref, Aquaskaientos and Darly like this.
  10. Inesk Member

Dont tempt them lol
  11. lego9203 New Member

i think the true answer to all this is eq2 needs new devs
    1. the easiest fix to help the game would have just been to add runes and cyans to boss loot tables in current content
    2. people would have then made more of an effort to make groups which makes the people crying not enough groups happy
    3. everyone would have a chance to work towards the items in current content than killing each other in one sad contested zone of an old expac

i just feel there were so many better ways to fix this issue than what they decided to do about it
    it really makes me feel they are so bad at what they do they couldnt make epic 2.0 better so they just nerf everything to make it look good
    Darly, Whiomaju and Conifur like this.
  12. Inesk Member

sounds about right

Conifur likes this.
  13. sc0820 Member

I'm beginning to question if there is even a captain, or a crew for that matter, on the ship. I don't think anybody has a clue where this is going.

Based on this kind of insane annihilation of a BIS item with zero warning, do you think they have any IDEA where the ascension classes are headed? Or what to do with them?

No way in hell

Is the Epic 2.0 going to suck, or, if it doesn't suck will they make it suck?

You bet!
    Whiomaju and Conifur like this.
  14. sc0820 Member

I'm just upset that it took me 4 months too long to figure out this game has become a shell, with no compass and no respect for its member community. That used to be the difference with this game, it was robust, challenging, and truly epic.
    Now its a dog and pony show.
    I've been robbed in game and harassed by players, incessantly, where there was no recourse by DB although reported. I work my *** off to get the best stuff, and the DEVS break it without warning. I mean...
    I quit! and I PAY YOU for this crap!
    I will be requesting a refund even though i know you wont give it to me...because, well, you're DBG
    Darly likes this.
  15. Eligant New Member

Apparently you've never played Counterstrike.
    wiouxev2 and Malleria like this.
  16. Conifur Well-Known Member

Same, would have saved me a lot of money on the additional zone package and the year membership. I just wish they gave refunds. I will log in once a month until my membership runs out in Oct to get my 500 cash then gift something to someone.
    Darly likes this.
  17. Darchon6 Member

Call of Duty would have been a more apt analogy -- one-shot knife kills from the front :)
    Malleria and quisling like this.
  18. sc0820 Member

At least i figured out what a shell game this is before i went any further down the epic 2.0 rabbit hole. Have fun with that time sink and all the disappointment that will come with it.

BYE BYE EQ2!!!
  19. quisling Well-Known Member

can do that in tfc classic...just gotta hit a hand :)
    Malleria likes this.
  20. Neiloch Well-Known Member

My decision keeps getting made easier and easier to live with.

The prospect of coming back just so I can cycle in terrible, boring, minimum impact CA's to my rotation after almost two years of being able to avoid them doesn't sound all that enticing. dat lightning strike. Devs are about 18 months too late while the players called it within the first month, at a conservative estimate. But who needs design feedback from players, amirite?
    Ixian, Rondo9 and Ashandra like this.