Everyone gear your Paladins, no other tank can hold agro.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Montag, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Zule Member

Not transfer. Force target and more.
    Tanks really have the abilities to handle such situations before DPSer dies, including force-target taunts and intercept, other snaps and temps aside, unless its happening literally all the time (in which case one should rethink his life choices which led him to playing a tank).
    Its not a problem that tanks loses aggro on dps bursts. Its a problem if group members refuse to work togehter as a team.
    Scalo and Meneltel like this.
  2. Arakeen New Member

Hi there would like to see if we all agree on how to better build Tank and hold aggro in group :

For my Zerker i'm targeting (Defensive always, group always different) :

'Max' Health (may seems obvious but...)
    'Max' Resolve (depending on content, too much doesn't bring anything if I'm correct)

'Max' Mitigation (around 22k atm)
    Target 120-125 Block, or even better Cap 75 uncontested block (I'm only at 100 atm, I always choose mitigation gear)

Reuse and Casting Speed at 100 (I do 70 and put 2 temporary adorns when tough content). I never worry about recovery.

Resists depending on content but 230-240k atm

Hate Mod at cap 100

CB around 3k
    Pot above 10k
    Ab Mod 150k

Dps at soft cap 600 (maybe not that important now)
    Attack Speed : not so sure, above 200
    Multi : around 120

Strikethrough : at 100 (hard cap, right ?) anyone knows for sure if more is wasted or can help ?
    Accuracy : not sure at all, was at 20, now at 0 getting rid of purple adorns to put new set (28% Mit)
    Flurry : well 'max' but i never try to get that stat on Tank

WDB : no clue what I should aim at lol
    Parry / Defense / Weaponry : no clue !
    Doublecast : I never tried to get on Zerker

Got new purple adorns set for 28% Mit. May gonna try get the 25% hp one (need 3 slots) and even the 100K Ab Mod (2 slots), but will get rid of all other purple adorns besides war runes so again a lot of Reforging / new choices.

Any comments / help ?

Thanks all
  3. Arclite Well-Known Member

Play a tank? If so, then at what kind of level?
  4. Zule Member

Let me just say that KA content is IMO boringly easy to tank. Including pugs and runs with geared raiders.
    In fact, I entirely support increasing difficulty on most heroics or nerfing healers. A vast majority of strats aren't challenging enough either. I rarely take a scratch. Aggro loss, if ever, on a deathtouch or a high BL spike but I can get them to live until i get it back. And I didnt consider myself a top tank. I just dont grasp this thread. Why dont you run a tank for your main?
    KythosMeltdown likes this.
  5. KythosMeltdown Active Member

agree, once you learn to sort through all the crap gear and get halfway decent stuff you can kinda afk tank entire zones at a time
  6. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Click away. Not raid geared, but not bad for Heroics thus far. Am I perfect; nope, but am totally not seeing the aggro issue listed here.

I find it funny how some on here do not list the EQ2U char for others.
    Anoxia likes this.
  7. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I disagree on making std Heroics harder--there are some now that will never get into PuGs. I don't find the KA content boringly easy to tank--it all rides on how well geared the group is. If we don't run our core group--that work together-- then tanking can be a friggin job.

I used to run PuGs all the time on AB. In KA, not about to go there. Too many DPS checks. Folks that have never grouped have no real idea how much/ little DPS they generate.

My question: Are tanks losing aggro because they now really have to tank, run their temps and taunts, etc now?
    IF you can generate some solid DPS yourself and have spells, etc maxed, controlling aggro is not that bad.
  8. Konc3pt Active Member

wtf is that AA spec I don't even
    KythosMeltdown likes this.
  9. Kittybock Well-Known Member

Someone asked for suggestions. My build works for me. I don't see you even listing a character. so wtf?
  10. KythosMeltdown Active Member

http://imgur.com/a/BSTME

dont ever do this in your dragon tree for starters; I would recommend going 30 points in the right most tree and the defensive tree to get the last two of each of those trees, only one point in the offensive stance part (unless you're making a dps tank build)

get those points by spending less AA's in the shadows tree especially, as well as cutting down on the AA's in the berserker tree

considering double dipping in the prestige tree to get both the cb > pot conversion and the pot > cb conversion

you can also double dip in two skills at the bottom of the heroic tree

also most of the stat increase AA's like 10% crit are extremely dated and are a waste of points (think about it, 10% for 10 points to go from 1800% crit to 1810%,) same goes for the extra 10 potency and ability mod etc. THINK about the benefit of each point you spend and how much value you it has and you will eventually keep being able to narrow down what is most beneficial for the best build.

I do not recommend just copying someone elses build because then you don't learn you're abilities and what you can swap in/out of in certain situations

Considering the number of people struggling and the amount of misinformation in this sub, Ill make a video covering more of this in detail tomorrow and put it on the fighter forum
  11. Konc3pt Active Member

That's what I do on my zerker
  12. Kittybock Well-Known Member

13. KythosMeltdown Active Member

giving tips is making fun of you? im sorry if that hurt your feelings

you said yourself your doing just fine in heroic with your current set up, if thats the case youd be doing even more fine with some of the small tuning adjustments i suggested. I think it's better of you that you made your own build instead of just copy pasta'ing someone elses. I would suggest new players to do the same, keeping in mind some of the things I posted

edit : here's my http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2594166960758 character . My build prog is my current and is still in progress.
  14. Kittybock Well-Known Member

I'd posted my signature on my toon to help someone, as I was not experiencing the aggro issue at the heart of the thread. They'd ask for examples that work. Then again, perhaps I am not experiencing said Aggro issue due to the fact that I tank and do some seriously solid DPS.

If players want to make suggestions on someone's build, posting a pic, with the name of their character, and saying "don't do this" is non-constructive. It makes players hesitant to try and help others on the Forums!

As for tanking, I used to run PuG's with raiders all the time on AB and had zero complaints. I did, however, get a lot of compliments! Still do!

No one plays their toon the same as anyone else. It's the Player that makes the toon...I've seen multiple folks try to copy someone's build; and not pull it off! AA specs can change like underwear.
  15. Cragfire Well-Known Member

if you CB > POT and POT > CB, isn't there a 50% penalty to the conversion?
  16. KythosMeltdown Active Member

something like that, I know at least the extra cb/pot doesnt keep crossing back over. It could still be worthwhile if you're CB capped. And sometimes the abilities that you get early on from the one side (paladin heal 50% dmg reduction comes to mind) can still be worth taking
    Cragfire likes this.
  17. KythosMeltdown Active Member