Is it time?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Onmyown, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Onmyown New Member

DBG maybe it is time to address the elephant in the room. Society is changing.. we can use any restroom we want now.. we can go to any church we want.. Why can't you let people play a game the way they want?

The servers are dead right now and will be for the next 3 days.. and WHY? Because of cheaters? No.. because people are playing unconventionally. They are being efficient and creative.

They help create and maintain the ingame economy's. Sure there are people that will complain and say these players are cheating.. but yet those complainers are supporting them by buying the Loot Rights for items or shinies.. or whatever. These players provide a service.. provide things that many people can't get because the player community has degraded so much that if you have 2 hours to play.. it may take you 90 min to get a group. They help people.. quest updates.. I sincerely believe they have become a part of your community.

DBG if you embrace this, as you have other requests, you and the game will continue on as normal. Push the issue.. and the long term effects could be ugly (by no means is that a threat.. more of a hypothetical situation).. How about you require these folks to register?.. so you can monitor to ensure they aren't "cheating"... OR charge them a little extra, sell a 6/12/24 price?
  2. Krov Active Member

3. Endinsight New Member

It is unfortunate, due to the overwhelming complaining, botters, dupers, etc. have been banned however the community as a whole is losing and game future is suffering. Expect to see DBG come up with even more outlandish ways to recover lost revenue as the population continues to diminish.
    There has got to be a win / win for everyone.
  4. Arandar Well-Known Member

5. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Haha haha... precious. And no.
  6. Onmyown New Member

Ahh.. well.. I guess we haven't learned anything from Brexit.
  7. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Oh god lmao

David Cameron's fall and the entire UK's departure is now being used as a comparison to online game cheats er I mean ' unconventional ' players. I have seen it all now.
  8. Endinsight New Member

Crazy notion...agreed. Would you agree that loss of 30k month in renevue / 360k annually is something DBG will allow? What will be the impact to the game as a hole? That is my concern. Let's clean the game up....but not at the expense of losing it. Am I being to overly dramatic lol. (or is there a bit of truth to the concern)?
  9. WeareLegion New Member

The community is suffering while DB themselves really could care less. The servers are empty, the economy is faltering, general morale is reaching rock bottom for many players that have been here since launch. Over what, players making the system better, stabilizing a crappy economy. This latest blow from DB only able to be done after misleading the players about a necessary system upgrade. Players were lost over that simply for upgrades they could not do, nor needed to. The game runs the same now as it did before, what amazing upgrade in perfomance did anyone see, none, it was a ruse to force background monitoring from DB. Of all the things wrong with the game, broken quests, poorly written scripts, lack of content, this is what they focus on, removing players. Maybe if DB spent more time fixing genuine game issues and less time worrying about who is selling what, the game may actually survive. I am sure we are all happy to log into and every server is dead from lack of players... Within the year holding my breathe for additional mergers, more forced marketplace purchases for things that have been always free... Bleeding the players till the game finally collapses.
  10. Endinsight New Member

I can relate to forward "big picture" thinking. Too many people are just thinking about the here and now...immediate gratification versus the overall success / availability of game.
    WeareLegion likes this.
  11. Onmyown New Member

See.. I agree with the last two.. everyone has had a bad experience with "cheaters".. and I use the term loosely. But.. if you don't think they are a major contributor to every aspect of the game your fooling yourself. Purple runes, gear, Shiny's.. they get those items and sell them because they run zones over and over. Obviously they weren't the Plat exploiters.. cause.. oh they are still here. Sure noone likes to go to a zone and see them.. farming day after day.. DBG could fix that easy... Don't run contested.. PERIOD, or any number of ways to control it.

But... without them.. krono sales will drop, sub sales will drop.. profits drop.. content - expansions stop.. Personally, I like the game and if we need them to keep it going.. find a way to make it work.
  12. Theodorn New Member

Botting is cheating, I don't buy from other players,I earn it.So the SLR said botters make stupid amounts of plat from players who want the best but can't get it themselves has no effect on me.
    The Brexit reference..as someone who has been alive longer than Great Britain(UK to those younger than the EU timeline) has been in the EU.Great Britain is still part of Europe that doesn't change it just means they are out of the EU,which was started as trade agreements and has ended up by power hungry telling everyone what to do,the final straw being open your borders to Turkey for free travel across Europe.
    I look forward to cucumbers being allowed to grow to what ever length and shape they want to seen as the EU put a shape and size on what could be sold.
    Moonpanther and Cyrrena like this.
  13. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

The concern to people that love this game is and has been that it will close up shop and not be here for us. That is why the majority of us tend to help support DBG by paying for subs and perhaps occasionally purchasing something extra from the marketplace.

I do not feel that breaking the ToS and the EULA are supporting the game. Things like that destroy the atmosphere and cause rifts among the population. If people are going to break the rules and cheat, why play the game? That to me is not winning anything and there is no accomplishment there.

Why does anybody truly need 1 billion plat? When the game closes is DBG or their investment firm parent going to pay out per plat such as a payment to a stockholder quarterly for an increase in shares? Is the draw to cheat in EQ2 so that one can say "I got the best of <insert item, weapon, armor, etc name here> first and have a billion or more plat" that was cheated to obtain? Is cheating to "win" in an MMO that does not have a win condition a new perk for one's resume?

If people wish to cheat to get ahead, perhaps they should use their (using the terms lightly here) creativity, efficiency, and knowledge and create their own game where they set the rules, that way they are never cheating to win. Passively-aggressively threatening the development company with loss of revenue will not get the cheaters what they want, and whether some choose not to label them cheaters, that is exactly what they are.

And to ever compare cheating in an MMO to what has occurred in the UK in the last couple of days is asinine. The issues that were of concern to the UK citizens are far more important and sensitive than anything in any online game world. I can speak with a measure of knowledge on that subject as my husband is an English citizen and I am from Southern Ireland. Comparing cheating in an online game and the issues of the UK is offensive and if you ask my husband, you will find that it is nye impossible to offend me.

People that cheat need to grow up and learn that rules are made so that it is possible for everybody to enjoy various aspects of the game in the same atmosphere, not for some to decide to play and also decide that they can make their own rules no matter what the owners/developers have put in place.

Regards

Cyrrena
  14. Siren Well-Known Member

IBTL!

*Packs a dozen freshly made cookies into a care package and ships them off to a certain hard-working, Californian CM's desk*

Radar Love! Oh-oh, Radar Love!

For all you do, this one's for you.... :D
    Mizgamer62, Avahlynn and Cyrrena like this.
  15. Siren Well-Known Member

ZOMG, if I could like this post multiple times I would. Too funny.
    Mizgamer62 and Cyrrena like this.
  16. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

They swept up a few cheaters and tons of innocent players with their faulty 'detection" code. Well, I guess it's ok to punish 100 innocent people to catch one guilty. That's 100 people who won't be spending another cent in Daybreak games.... all to catch one who might be affecting the game economy. Seems wasteful and shortsighted. New accounts aren't going to magically appear from nowhere, especially in games where there's no advertising!

The devs and the policy wonk (you know who you are) are frantically going around removing threads and posts hoping that no one will see. About as effective as redacting the information on the Pulse shooter. Earth to Daybreak: if your customers know that you did something stupid, trying to hide it by Orwellian means is a waste of time and money, and makes you look petty and foolish. Why not admit that you suspended loads of accounts IN ERROR? Such as one in my family that isn't even used in EQ2 anymore..... only Landmark and Planetside2. But the account is suspended for cheating in EQ2, according to Daybreak's email. Funny how someone who quit playing EQ2 and only logged in once in the past week to see his character's last name could possibly be cheating. What? Using DrumsUI, ACT and EQ2Maps are now verboten?

The big thread on this was hushed up earlier today; my posts on it have vanished. Too bad; I made a copy of the original post I made on that thread. I can trot it out anytime. The term, policy wonk (you know who you are) is hubris. I don't see this behavior from moderators in other game forums. Sure they stop troublemakers, but they don't try to blot out any mention of their own faults and THEY ADMIT WHEN THEY ARE IN ERROR. They have live chat, phone numbers, and they get back to you and actually discuss instead of the insulting form emails that say "WE WON'T shorten your suspension for any reason:" and "we won't tell you any details because hackers would benefit".

So, the hubby angrily demands that I try to do something but I don't have much else I can do. The customer service live chat is long gone. The phone number is disconnected. I keep answering the insulting email but no real live person ever gives the time of day. They know they messed up some folks' weeks but THEY. DON'T. CARE. Go to the Better Business Bureau's website and see their rating.
    Tekka and Meneltel like this.
  17. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would send Ttobey and Gninja lots of cheese, peanut butter, sushi and sweets if they would make a broomstick mount.:rolleyes:

Cyrrena
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  18. Chrisworld Active Member

How about instead of allowing botting, DBG entertains a new idea to boosting their revenue by making all access even more valuable?

Allow all access members ONLY, extra purchases of mercenary slots up to the max group size. (Make them less than 1000 DBC each, hell maybe 250-500 DBC. Require players to be all access in order to add more than one mercenary to their party even when they have purchased said slots. No more hunting for groups, everyone doing this needs to be all access, needs to have paid a fee for each slot = money for DBG = keeps eq2 running longer for all of us.

Mercs are so OP, coordinating and planning matters little, they'll get the job done.

I would strongly consider re-subbing to All Access and continue investing time if they did this because it would make a more solid future for the company and the game for the next 5 years at least probably.

I don't know. This could be a stupid idea, or it could be a good one. Hope someone from DBG at least sees this.
  19. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

Yeah, I didn't mention him by name. But he'll be by soon. Count on it.

And I'm happy to see actual exploiters, botters and the like go to Drunder. But this was just an indiscriminate roundup to Siberia.
  20. Estal Well-Known Member

Legalizing cheating would simply move the goalpost in regards to what qualifies as cheating, does anyone really think if "insert your favourite method of cheating" was legal that cheaters would then suddenly respect those new rules? Of course not, because cheating gives an advantage and if you remove that advantage by giving it to everyone then some new form of cheating will emerge.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.