Is it time?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Onmyown, Jun 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I hope that any that are truly not cheaters but were banned get their accounts back. I hope that DBG does the right thing and reviews each and every petition submitted by people that were banned so that non-cheaters may return should they wish to. I fully understand that technology always has a fail and that some people may not actually be cheating, I do hope these people are absolved.

Cyrrena
  2. -Soteria- Well-Known Member

Good one! I actually did laugh out loud.
    Moonpanther and Mizgamer62 like this.
  3. Tradeserverwoot Member

If all the boxers/botters were hit, why are kronos continue to rise? Interesting....
  4. Leeroy 16 year vet. Forum lurker. Altaholic.

That is what Drunder is supposed to be for. Move the botters over there. Let them play their way on that server. But instead Daybreak's had a code error perhaps, and have mistakenly suspended many accounts. They refuse to even acknowledge that they may be in error on most of the suspensions. I guess I will re-petition since with hubby's account suspended, he can't do it. (not a well-thought-out setup).
  5. Areyouserious New Member

The truth is no matter which side of the fence you sit on there will never be a wide spread acceptance. People who don't bot for whatever reason, will always hold issue with those that do. I have found on the whole that people who don't have the same means as others more often than not tend to be bitter about it. That being said, yes its against the rules, but I personally have never had an issue with people that bot. I logged on today and looked at the light server population. It's the weekend, if it's light now, imagine what it will be like say on a weekday afternoon. I do believe that items sold via chat or on the broker are not harming anyone, if you don't want them then don't buy them that simple. I like the fact that I can log on to my alt and go spend some raid plat and buy my heroic purple adornments so I can make my alt better for running groups. If people who bot are paying for six subscriptions or in some cases I've heard of eighteen, then every toon on a separate account should have just as much right to get gear as 6 or 18 different people. It really shouldn't matter to the community whether gear is earned on a single account at a time or six. The only real complaint is people are mad they have to roll on gear and may loose it, but I say if someone wants to shell out 45-100 dollars a month so when they roll on gear it goes to a toon that belongs to them, so be it.
    Before anyone says , "but they get it fast" I point out that there isn't much difference than having a static group of friends, that run zones everyday..and yes they still exist. I run guild groups almost every single day, on my main and on alts with guild mates.
    People tend to get confused with what is fair and what is equal. They are not the same thing, the more you try to make every player equal the more you ultimately alienate everyone.
    Silicagel likes this.
  6. Siren Well-Known Member

7. Silicagel New Member

because...as has been stated many times in the many threads that DBG has deleted.....botters are not responsible for plat duping and other types of hacks that "ruin the economy". people simply dont like botters and blame them for everything wrong with the game...well everything they cant blame DBG for.
  8. krincle New Member

The people that make "stupid" amounts of plat are not people SLR. It is people that manipulate the broker buying and reselling. dupers and hackers need to go. Botters/boxers ? meh what ever they never hurt me.

What do I care if they run instances all day ? how does that hurt me ? oh noz I saw a group of them standing around... lol whatever. Personally I think some people spend way to much time worrying about what other people are doing.

You don't like people selling loot ? don't buy it, don't join the channels that advertise it. Personally I don't buy loot i can't afford it but there certainly are a lot of players that have limited play time but want to keep up with their friends. For some of them buying loots helps them.

Sure most people have a thing about botters and or boxers often they are lumped together but how many time have you been on a raid and were a couple healers short or that bard didn't show up ? but you were able to raid cause someone logged in another toon or two and made the night for 20 other people ? just saying... in a dying game they do have there role.
    Meneltel, bahahahahaha and Silicagel like this.
  9. Silicagel New Member

to be fair. they didnt mean to ban/suspend the botters. they got flagged as hackers/dupers by mistake. but you wont hear DBG admit that. just wait. the bots will be back
    Meneltel likes this.
  10. Siren Well-Known Member

Botters are going against the rules of the game, which exist because botters ruin game world economies. They've been banned in every MMORPG where the dev teams can possibly ban them since the earliest MMORPGs existed. You can keep it in your head that Daybreak approves of your behavior, but they do not. Be grateful that you only have a 5-day suspension right now. Next time the punishment will likely be more harsh.
    Mizgamer62 and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Silicagel New Member

95% of them already dont run contested zones. they dont want to cause trouble and get suspended/banned. for the most part they run instanced content only. if they do run contested zones, they do it when the zones are empty of other players, and leave immediately when someone shows up. are there a few bad apples? sure. but the vast majority of botters take great care not to interfere with other players in game.
    Meneltel likes this.
  12. Silicagel New Member

they do not ruin the economy. the plat dupers do that. plat dupers != botters. you are badly mistaken here. since the beginning of the game. Verant, SoE and DBG have turned a blind eye to botters as long as they didnt interfere with other players. you dont have to believe me for it to be true. and once again. its not botters who "ruin" the economy and i can promise you that DBG's big suspension was a mistake. the botters will be back. trust me on this one. you should go back to eating your popcorn and watching. you have no idea what youre talking about
  13. RadarX Community Manager

Folks I'm going to go ahead and clarify a few things publicly.

First the conversations surrounding suspensions this week are over. If you were a part of that you have been made aware of how to proceed.

Those of you making accounts to avoid forum suspensions, it's a rare and drastic thing to ban a play account over forum suspensions but at least one of you is a winner today.

PM me with concerns.
    Goreblade, Raff, -Soteria- and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.