Conj DPS Questions/Comparison

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Sylke, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Sylke Well-Known Member

So, this is just because I'm not sure how things balance out in a higher DPS raid force (having never really been in one). After seeing some of the parses of Conj's doing 100m+, it made me curious. The force I raid with is not really static, or ideal, so I'm sure that accounts for at least some of the difference.

My EQ2U profile: http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/450974319737

This is the most recent Crohp parse (names removed to protect the innocent):

(My group was... Me (Conj), Wizard, Wizard, Warlock, Troub, Fury. Pretty sure I didn't get much in the way of buffs, though I didn't really check since I usually don't get them.)

(06:12) Crohp the Mighty : 435,956,905 | wizard-Unda Arcanus Spiritus-243,323,124
    Sylkuror (conj) | 49,644,055
    conjuror | 40,075,586
    swash | 39,988,482
    wizard | 36,406,366
    brig | 34,525,935
    necro | 34,007,395
    sin | 32,783,827
    wizard | 28,369,799
    lock | 27,365,637
    ranger | 23,384,049

And my breakdown:
    [IMG]

This is a fairly normal group makeup (i.e. rarely an Illy) and that ranking of folks on the DPS is pretty standard too.

So, I'm mostly wondering if the 100m+ type parses I see have less to do with I might be doing and more to do with what the rest of the raid is doing? By no means am I saying I'm perfect! Just not sure if I could be reaching closer to those numbers with things as they are now, or not.
  2. Veta Well-Known Member

After looking at your gear, I get a bit of what your group/raid is aiming for because everyone would share similar ideas. People need to wear the utility items for this expac: brotherhood ring, practiced, furious, etc. Look at the raid as a whole, their overall dps is greater than yours; therefore, helping them is also helping you. If you can get everyone into that mindset then everyone's dps will increase. I broke 150m on this fight and I know that the raid/group utility items definitely help with this.

Once people start using those items your stats, like potency, will spike a lot higher. I tend to be around 6k+ pot and 2.4k+ cb in some cases. The first thing I noticed was your stat setups. I use around 130k abi mod in raids, getting as much as possible from reforging. Your reuse, recovery, cast speed are fine if you are capping them with temp adorns. You dps mod needs to be higher and attack speed could be lower. You want at least 600 dps mod, I am pushing anywhere from 880-920, depending on gear setup for fights. I would suggest dropping attack speed to about 200 and ae auto to 75 if possible, to do so. You will get AE auto from your prestige up to 25% (1% per increment, along with attack speed). If you can not get it around 75%, but are slightly above, that is okay. I do not like wearing Soulthirst to cap DC. Each point of DC after 50 gives deminishing returns, for dps gains, and even more after 75%.

I ran out of time to add more to this. If you would like more details you can pm me at Maj'dul.Vetaxz or on the forums here.
  3. Meshuggahx Member

so veta you are saying with 76 spda and cb/pot wrist i'll do more than with 100 spda?
  4. Sylke Well-Known Member

He's saying that there are probably better stats/items to focus on that hitting 100 SDA.

I'm going to swap back to Relic ring + Blood Gorger (as soon as I remember where I put my Deception belt...) and try to get one of those Practiced Power wrists (my luck sucks on quest boxes). And then try to convince the raid to do similar :p
  5. Veta Well-Known Member

Indeed.

Let's use \aITEM -94482101 -403438007:Bracelet of the Darkened Shard\/a as an example. You say 76SDA which, which I am a little over 77.? solo, including raid stats and incrementing SDA, I am around 82-83 in raids. This would almost make half of the soulfeast effect useless. With this wrist instead, the group is getting up to 252 (42 x per person wearing wrist) potency to each person. This does not include the % increase you get from the item/ability gains in the AoM prestige increase that would increase it further. This 252 does not only help the groups dps, it helps heals, RO charges, etc. Being right side spec, every 12 potency will give you 1 crit bonus, so you would also be gaining at least 21 crit bonus.

For the most part people still time around timewarp, it is on a 1min CD and Conj abilities, for the most part, can be timed with this. Effectively, your burst portion will be during that, which you will have 100SDA. Most of the dps after that burst phase will be sustained and comes mostly from Planar Wrack, which does not doublecast, or Auto Attack, which also does not double cast.
  6. Yards Well-Known Member

Looks to me like warlocks could use a boost so we can keep up with conjy's, just saying.
    DoomDrake likes this.
  7. kluxor Well-Known Member

Warlocks are just fine, they absolutely own group encounters and are still respectable on single targets
  8. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

I wonder how they manage to do it ;)
    Normally AoE been owned by Sins followed by Beast/Swashes ... which leave warlocks fights for 4th spot with conjurors (at best case scenario)
  9. Meshuggahx Member

cool thanks. what about green adorns? swdb or spda for us?
  10. Veta Well-Known Member

I prefer swdb, if someone can come up with a valid argument for 6sda I am all ears. :) Swdb would affect ae auto, flurry, multi attack and regular hits. The wand itself, during AE auto is more efficient than almost all of our greens/blues combined. I would rather give my wand a decent increase than my terrible ae/encounter ones. Most of our ae potential will be from planar wrack which does not doublecast, so I cannot justify doublecast that much. Single target, it might be almost as good as wdb, but otherwise, I do not see it.
  11. Meshuggahx Member

Thanks i'll give them a go again.
  12. Thand Well-Known Member

being disabled atm and since i no longer am able to earn enough plat to buy kronos i am stuck as silver acess.
    I am looking for gear suggestions to help up my dps which is around 20-25 mill most of the time in heroics. I have had no luck winning randoms on the heroic belt cloak or laserator and most rings i have found this expansion actual lower my dps compared to last expansions rings. Any heroic level gears i should look for any suggestions are appreciated
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871881515543
  13. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I would make sure to run the item-triggered quests in Thalumbra to earn Dirt Encrusted Keys. The platinum and umbrite keys especially can reward very nice stuff.
  14. Thand Well-Known Member

most of the gear i am wearing is from key quests to bad the wand is Prestige i have 3 of them
  15. kluxor Well-Known Member

If your warlock is getting beat by assassins and conjurers on AE fights then they have other issues besides class, only other class that can come close in swash and BL.
  16. Piirat New Member

Sylke,

I am still Sorta of new to playing the Conj, I could take a guess at your rotation but here is mine any input would be nice: Fiery, Ele blast, winds ele tox, Earthquake, crystal blast , planar burt, swam. I have Unda shadow and Mafgic macrod to everything.

Thanks in advance,
  17. Anunnaki Active Member

Chrop is a bad named to take a parse from because of all the jousting, which gets more exaggerated as raid dps gets higher.
  18. Anunnaki Active Member

You want to prioritize your limited pets over just about any other spell (also know what they do, Roaring Flames is an AE pet, Aqueous Swarm is a single target pet, Communion is both; all are amazing spells when they work properly.) Elemental Blast, Blazing Avatar, Unda, during Time Warp (possibly 2nd EB if it resets and you have no lag, but its a very tight window.) Soulburn after and then every time its up after that. Rest are just fillers really. Know what you are fighting and know what your spells do (cast AE stuffs more on AE fights.) The idea is to get Planar Wrack to tick a maximum amount of times on as many things as possible.

It's really all about timing around Time Warp, which is a 1 min recast. Your spells line up with that surprisingly well. You can set your internal timer by casting Communion and Spellbind (both 1 min recast) during the Time Warp prep window (the 5 seconds between when the Illy cast TW and when TW actual is active.) This way, you know when it is coming up and you can prepare your stuffs for it. EB is available every 90 seconds, so that one is tricky. I held EB for TW so I could ensure it doublecast. With stats getting hyperinflated, I'm sure someone could argue whether or not this is is a good idea.

I personally don't like macro'ing stuff like Unda, Shadowstep, Shockwave, etc. I queue up my abilities, and if they have something else macro'd to them, it messes up the order, and creates problems for me. It's especially bad in fights where there is a bit of lag (read: any AE raid encounter.)

Also like to mention that now that I have the hammer, none of this applies anymore, but that is a very basic idea of what I did before I got it.

This is also apparently irrelevant because according to bad Warlocks "anyone can faceroll a conjy to 80 mil."
  19. Anaranj Member

A question for you, Anunnaki, Veta and everyone. How much TW can be relevant for a conjuror with 100 SDA? As I have understood this would only affect the amount of damage of Unda. My rotation is usually the next in long single fight: Charm (Salvo, reuse 1'), Spellbind, Communion, EB, Roaring Flames, Aqueous, Blazing Avatar (if lucky second EB). Joust for Unda.

Another question. I know Conjurors who have renounced Unda for more WDB and SWDB. What % of your damage comes from the auto attack and procs of weapons?

Thanks in advance. I'm sorry for my bad English.
  20. Meshuggahx Member

As you can see what veta replied to me, you dont have to have 100 spda and especially not with the wrist you have. so timing stuff with tw is crucial because higher chance your group mates will hit temps before it.

I don't think unda is something worth to drop. it still hits hard.