Conj DPS Questions/Comparison

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Sylke, Feb 4, 2016.

1. Sylke Well-Known Member

I wish we had an Illy in our raid force :(
    Sigrdrifa likes this.
  2. Anunnaki Active Member

It just makes things cleaner IMO, but you can certainly get soulfeast + stuffs to get yourself to 100% DC. This is a better option when you dont have an illy, because there is nothing to time around, and you get to cast at your leisure instead of being handcuffed to an Illy.

I know Veta doesn't like soulfeast, but I think he is basing that on having an illy since you are going to spike every minute anyways.
  3. Anunnaki Active Member

If you have 100% DC, Time Warp is not *as* important. Its only good as a timing mechanism since everyone typically will be clicking charms and group buffs and stuffs during that period. I wouldnt drop Unda for more SWDB, the benefits dont outweigh the losses IMO.

I also don't bother jousting for Unda, it takes too much time away from my rotation and forces me to not cast stuff for a period of time. I stand at 10m when possible, so I can still hit with Earthquake and Theur Det on ST fights because their damage is still good.
  4. Meshuggahx Member

Aye wrist helps if you don't have illy.. i have one though and he cast tw like clockwork so it works good for me hehe besides i'm at 82% spda in raid so not that behind.
  5. Swanga Member

You are not DROPPING SWDB, you are GAINING POTENCY from SWDB.
  6. Anunnaki Active Member

I figured if you were dropping unda, you were going into the end line which gives you SWDB based on your STA. If you think .65%-5.2% of a cap of 300 is better than Unda, then well idk what to tell you.
  7. Mrmacky Active Member

I wouldnt worry about TW unless its lining up with unda. And i swap out unda for WDB on fights like psions or 3 mages in maldura if i have time. Think my wands done about 20-23m dps on those with wdb spec?
    Also drop some of that casting speed and get more ability mod its bugging me
  8. Anaranj Member

This was just my guess but I could not do a test on it, too many variables in a raid. Glad to know that you share this strategy.

This paragraph I do not understand well. Could you expand on the argument?
  9. Rubick Well-Known Member

I'm not a linguist, but I think he wants you to drop some casting speed in favor of ability mod.
  10. Dotuming Active Member

With the increase in stats overall, its better to run about 110 - 120k ab mod to take full use of your spells. One you obtain the terror ring from the Captains, you can look to increase it even more. Remember don't think about your stats from a standing there solo point of view, think about it from once you have engaged a mob(s) what will your stats be at.

I'm also in the SWDB camp over unda as it allows you to position yourself in a fight for maximum dps and no wasting time jousting. SWDB can net quite a lot of dps if the stats are tweaked correctly. (20 - 25 Mil on some fights)
  11. Anaranj Member

All right. Thank you for sharing your experience...
  12. Anunnaki Active Member

Interesting. Maybe I'll try out a SWDB spec then.
  13. Ecchoo New Member

Can someone explain this SWDB thing to me?
  14. Sylke Well-Known Member

SWDB = Spell Weapon Damage Bonus
    It's a multiplier on your ranged (focus) weapon damage. Since focus weapon attack is uninterrupted by spellcasting, it's basically a passive damage increase.
  15. Ecchoo New Member

I'm ashamed to say I could not figure it out. So obvious now but I was thinking it was some super secret way to increase dps LOL.
  16. Thand Well-Known Member

One think i have notices is Conj running Dps Purple runes and Battle cry for more flurry and AE auto instead of Potency runes. Since event scout pets no longer melee as much i can not see how it is that much more dps Sicne i an trying to get the 8th rune those coess into play from what i see it With conversion taken into effect works out to useing heroic runes. Note i am mainoy intertsed in Single Target Boss dps
    Power 8 rune set 148 pot 67.8 cb 35dps 5dc
    DPs 8 set(4 dps 1 Dc 2 ae auto seems standard.) for 269Dps mod+ 11DC
    So i can not se hwo eth 8 dps set is beter than the 8 Power set Especial with teh fact that Pets get a Greater Benifet from teh Power cb than they do the Dps mod
    http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/871881515543
  17. Anunnaki Active Member

The idea is because of the 8th rune, you get the DC and Flurry. You also don't have to reforge into DPS mod as much, allowing you to (hopefully) reforge into more ability mod.

You are talking about 148 potency out of 6-7k with buffs and everything running in raid. It's not all that significant compared to what you get out of wand dps, or better reforge flexibility.
  18. Thand Well-Known Member

Ahh no 8th rune and when ever i have tried to go more Wands stats i end up Loseing Dps over all Since wands Dps stats is what i mainly Have to reforge to get most of my Ab Mod. i have a coecer i tried going all wand attack but the wand dps is still horrible outside of mimic http://u.eq2wire.com/soe/character_detail/2594166820714
  19. Anunnaki Active Member

The only reason you would want to use auto attack stat purple runes, IMO, is if you have the 8th rune. If not, go power with DC on your shoulders.

With the amount of stats on gear these days, you should be able to get both ab mod and auto attack stats. In a [proper] group/raid setting, you are going to be getting all of the haste, MA, AE (run Screams of Battle) you will need and really only need to reforge into dps mod, which you can get to around 600-700 and be happy.