Time Limit on Captains x4

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kaarkula, Feb 24, 2016.

1. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Personally I find enjoyment in the DPS Checks too, and I play on Splitpaw which has horrific lag. I can see why Valor would be suffering though, but the DPS checks aren't that bad, if you co-ordinate better, and back farm a bit more it is entirely doable.
    Arco and Arclite like this.
  2. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Splitpaw has people without end. Valor has not, our raids will no longer be full and there are no new People, which could be integrated into their own raid community. How can one create such DPS checks?

Approximately 10 raidforces and raidguilds on valor, constantly strive to members, the evening you every few minutes advertise another raid community. Search all and only a few have full raids, only standing the forefront have gaining ground others have to fill no more large opportunities in the gaps in their ranks.

It is pointless to talk about things that are not feasible.

One can conjure any people and me people of languages other than german, we can not do anything on the raid with us, hence the EU server merge bring will nothing, but more lag.

Since you can optimize how time will, for example, with 18 people this encouter are not feasible because there are no new people, so 18 people can stop playing EQ2, since one with all gear which give the mobs before, it is not so can optimize that the DPS is sufficient for this DPS checks.

Something makes really no fun anymore and it is also not useful for a game should do something fun.

People go because of lags and the client instability or because you do not progressing fast enough. It does not come back.

What still everything is handicapped, which you can not really farming items because of the long raid instances timer. Once a week khralet once a week ashes, 2 times a week stygian and 2 times a week X2, more is now not even because it does not allow the timer. This is the same for everyone.
    Laiina likes this.
  3. Noctew Active Member

I'm grateful for that. While it's annoying to be wiped by a timer when you almost got the boss intto Verdict range, stalemate fights are even more annoying. At the very least it gives the raid leader an opportunity to optimize setup/strategy every n minutes instead of thinking "Hm, we're not taking much damage, should have used two DPS classes more instead of doubling up on healers in all groups..oh well, we got him down to 60% in 30 Minutes, not gonna stop now..."
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You just described Splitpaw.

As I've said multiple times, in cases like this, guilds need to split up and feed into others for long term stability.
  5. Xper Well-Known Member

Yeah, legitimate DPS checks:
    • Adds spawn every x seconds, you eventually get overrun if you cant keep up.
    • Incremental AEs that increase as the fight progresses.
    • Adds spawn every x seconds, named is immune while they're up. If you cant kill 1 set before the next set spawns, you'll never kill named.
    Artificial DPS Check
    • BossmanA: "Oh, so close guys, if you had killed me in 19:58 I would have totally just been dead, but I've been saving this super powerful ability for 20:00 exactly, and under no circumstances will I use it before 20:00, even if I'm at 3% health about to be verdicted and it would have saved my life. Nope, saving it til 20:00....5... 4.... 3.... 2... 1... boom! Sorry, only 4% health left but your 20 minutes is up so..."
    konofo likes this.
  6. Raenius Well-Known Member

I am not against time-checks, if they are putting up reasonable stakes.

But I agree on the part that a hard cap with just a plain red txt wiping your raid is kind of a frustrated solution for some - I actually enjoyed repercussions you got on contested avatars during TSO when it took you too long to kill something - you could still do it, but you really needed to press those buttons in order to make it.

Same goes for scripts with triggers - someone failing a step should give the raid an disadvantage for like 20-30s (e.g. -50% reuse for everyone), not just a straight wipe - just give us a chance to settle things straight again after a fail.
    Ingerimm likes this.
  7. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

That will not happen as a rule, because:

1. Do these raidforces or raidguilds other raid times
    2. Do these raidforces or raidguilds other mentalities and rules
    3. Do these raidforces or raidguilds have all classes, ie no need tanks, no one needs a healer, this fall it is usually as a rear overhang down. etc.
    4. Are the claims of all raidguild and raidforces other.
    5. Many people love one another for various reasons no longer, fraud, spreading hatred, showing off, vulgarity, condescension and so on, you know after recasts 12 years
    6. ... that you can go on forever ...

The situation is difficult and sad and Daybreak exacerbated these problems with meaningless DPS checks, as would a script with a maximum of 18 or a maximum of 3 deaths player per combat not limited enough.

And people forget good things, situation, help and much more that is good quick, negative situations, whether in debt or not, remain forever in the memory of some.

It's a game, the players are human, people make mistakes and have their own style, just when no one can play more reasonable, people stop playing.
  8. Duffey New Member

What it sounds like here is a bunch of whining. And y'all just need to go to the lumber store, buy some wood, build a bridge and get over yourselves. There have been dps checks all throughout the game. Chances are if you had low dps on RT4 you'd never kill the adds when he split. Making excuses about population and gear are easily solved. The one thing all the raid guilds killing content have in common is that they work together and check egos at the door. Don't pressure DBG into making this Hello Kitty Adventure Island, this isn't care bear WoW.
  9. Kaarkula Active Member

10. Arco Active Member

Full raid forces are able to push thru content while they're slightly under geared.
    Short handed raids have to optimize and gear more to compensate.

HP debuffs and +% inc dmg stuff make a world of a difference for dps checks~

My guild almost killed a T3 Progression fight last raid, with 3 groups... and we were missing a couple rather important people at that.

The Time Limit conditions are reasonable.

Edit: The only aspect of dps checks that is bad, is the insane lag everyone is getting... which Devs have stated they're working hard to fix.

Captains is a 12min Time Limit, without lag I'm sure we could probably kill it in 4min... with lag it's about ~6min atm... When we were first learning the fight, we were wasting dps and not properly managing the curses, making the fight take -12+ min
    Anjel likes this.
  11. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

Idiots are everywhere and people emit such useless comments belong to me now.

But some people can not just jump over their arrogant shadow without thereby breaking his neck.

I am determined no one wants something does not have here, but sensible and feasible, adapted to today's situations on the servers would be a good thing.

Before you take your mouth so full, you should first of all to find out who I am and why I am committed what and what not.

I call your statement once when trolling to me without to provoke.
  12. ZUES Well-Known Member

One thing I love about this game is how the devs interact with the community. Throwing out little tid bits of info like that is very cool. You just don't get that interaction in any other game. The little things in this game keep me coming back. I hate to love it tbh.
  13. Duffey New Member

What I love is that people say it's the Devs faults for allowing raid members to show up under geared. Set minimums, or even bring back raid relative stats (crit mit)
  14. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

You not know people on here do you talk, you do not know their equipment and you not know their situation is on their server.

But you are allowing you a judgment with which legitimacy please? I do not think that you here someone had asked something and your humble opinion, we can all do without. Mr. Unknown until 2 days in Forum.

Probably a WoW player, I guess really, since you have the same noted your reactions to come out the good and your old, I guess kids garden, is well fit also.
  15. Bord Guest

Kid gardens? Oh my, are we cloning them to use as batteries like the matrix?
  16. duckster Active Member

The attrition element currently is the lag factor when you zone into any of the tot instances. Currently it adds an extra hinderance on the dps checks on many nameds.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

From context in previous posts, it's clear that English is not Ingerimm's native language. Cut him some slack with the language.
    Zeffran and quisling like this.
  18. Tabri Well-Known Member

We are struggling to kill this encounter also but its like he said not enough people showing up and also lag issues. Mr my raid is completely full and geared here will say hey just deal with it and stop whining. How are you supposed to do a dps check when you cant recruit enough dps for the dps check and only half your raid force shows up half the time, to top that off what little raid force you do have has to deal with lag delays? We are getting tells from the other guilds about non attendance also so its not just us on Skyfire.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

So another server with a bunch of guilds not managing to fill rosters and then suffering from it?

Dev's can't be held responsible for guilds being stubborn and holding out till it's too late. When that used to happen in KoS/EoF days, people would merge guilds and make very strong powerful guilds. Now people just ignore that and blame content.
    jasonx likes this.
  20. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

In this game, it is not just a ranking and not to select players about to form the strongest team.

In this game, it comes jointly to have fun as a team.

To make more work from the game as in real life, is not very useful.

It's bad enough that you can achieve nowadays without outside tools such as ACT in this game, nothing more.

No one says that something should be made easy, but absolutely punishment for minimal mistakes and senseless timeouts, are completely unnecessary and make most people the game broken.

The only people who always speak out for those things that people are reached which these limits, with or without exploits.

Had all encounters from the beginning been the case, as they have now been changed, so those of you beloved rankings saw also quite different from many of you not stands so far above and would now without their gear, which droped from the follow encounters as well as other stand and have also problems.

And then have exactly such people like you suddenly very different views.