[Wish List] Non-Specific House Items

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

I would love some tiles with different gravel textures that could also be used as ground covers...preferably like the round tiles we currently have or something different than the traditional square tiles. So that we could do something like this:

[IMG]

I love how they used different gravel or stone textures to create this yard, and would love to be able to do something similar in game. I don't think it's going outside the scope of the time period in the game either, as they would have imported different gravels and stones to pave and decorate their roads and the areas around their wells back then to make them decorative, at least in their cities. The gravel would have allowed for drainage of water to prevent them from walking in or trampling mud all over the place.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I've been talking about those 'til I was blue in the face...while it's nice to be able to drown in your own backyard in the break-out areas (and some that don't even need breaking out, like the Vale of Halfpint Delight), how much better it'd be to risk drowning in your own living room! The various see-through cubes that don't shoot you to the ceiling when you step on them are somewhat thick to wade through, but it's not the same, even with piles or stacks of them. :-/

I've got several water-breathing characters who'd love to do their entire living quarters, or at least most of it, in stuff like that (and not just cubes: Water Tiles [even with the tiniest of frames to them] that you can "fall" through; Columns, Dividers, you name it [Triangles!]) and have a container of water-breathing totems available for visitors (thanks for that idea, person who did up their Vale mostly underwater whose name escapes me at the moment! That was brilliant for visiting!). :)

Uwk
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Has Jerry's (Rawl's) trail thing come up yet for purchase? He's got bends and curves here and there in that one...

Uwk
  4. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't think it has yet, and it's awesome, but I want to be able to gravel the whole yard in different textures like in the image I posted. His path would only resolve one part of the entire thing. We don't have any 'gravel' tiles, though we do have some paving stone tiles and other larger stone and brick type tiles, but those are just not what I have in mind. I want something that would actually work in the bottom of an aquarium even...gravel, not large stones. I know there are some lovely textures in game already, and would only require turning them into items for us to be able to use. It would be nice to have a variety of colors/textures to choose from, that maybe match different zones in the game. :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I need a ladder that would work as a climbing wall if placed flat against a vertical wall, but could also be used as a walkway or a leaning ladder that could be climbed.
  6. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

I do believe the location/area that allows swimming is marked by a dev/programmer and the water graphic is placed over it. I'm not sure they can have moveable swimming areas. (I hope I'm wrong though, because I woul dLOVE to have moveable swimmable water!)
    We could all request water tiles with no collision geometry to them though. The steam lord tapestry, turned on it's front or back, is what I wind up using when I want it to be walked through or "waded" in. Difficult to hide the dealy bob at the top, but doable, usually. (Certainly more difficult to work with, since they keep trying to pop back up in a "wall mounted" position.)

There is a craftable ladder, but you have to tilt it a little to be able to use it. Actual climbing would be awesome, but I suspect that like the swimming, it's a spot that has to be marked by devs as climbing/swimming (even flying) and not something that can be moved like a house item. That's my best guess, but I could (hopefully) be wrong. ^_^
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I LOATHE the dealy bob thing at the top; I completely agree. It's one thing if the tapestry you're hanging on a wall has elements that are meant to be seen, displayed, etc. ("Look who I just defeated! Here's what's left of his banner! Fear me and admire my new wall insulation!"); then you want it lit up at the top. If it's, let's face it, nothing more than a design/decorating element ("Admire my...um...well, you can't really see it unless you squint a bit, but...er...it keeps the cold air in over there and the produce behind it fresh! My provisioner came up with the idea, and we haven't had a bout of the runs here since! And that's something to fear, let me tell you!"), pare the frame down to something as simple as possible: the wooden rod things that it's actually "attached" to. ;->

Sigh, yeah...the best use I've seen of that ladder so far was just as an approximation of a ladder ("This is the hardware section. Admire our stock."); I get just as much "climability" out of a tilted Tile used as a ramp. :-/

Uwk
    who also hopes you're wrong :)
    Merriel, chattie and Griffon Lady like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

Building blocks with the same tiling used in Poets Palace. This includes the honeycombed bases to the pillars, the swirled stripes texture of the pillars themselves, and all the gorgeous designs on the walls, doors, and floors in the palace. I don't know why, when they obviously exist in game already, throughout the palace and other areas of Maj'dul, Pillars of Flame, Shimmering Citadel, etc...that these have not already been introduced to the decorators of Norrath yet? :D
  9. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

/hands Uwkete some toilet paper
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  10. Merriel Well-Known Member

Well, if nothing else, you just made Jerry a bit wealthier than he was. I think Uwk is more likely to shred the TP with his claws, than use it. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

ROFL (note I didn't include, MAO...)! All the more reason for us to also have more separate paper sheets for house items! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh... ;->
    [IMG]
    Not exactly his feline type, but close enough! ;)

Hence, separate paper sheets. :D

Or, when in doubt...
    [IMG]
    Heated roll (that also provides light), reading material (and source of extra sheets when the roll runs out--oh, relax; it's yet another copy of "A Frostfell Carol" or whatever it was that McScroogle "gave" Uwk!), you name it! :D

Uwk
    Griffon Lady and Merriel like this.
  13. Sinhika Well-Known Member

Don't know if anyone has mentioned house pets yet, but I'd like house pets or plushies of the Windgazer owl people from Barren Sky. They are so adorable, I want a house full of them!
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yes!! :D

Woo--er, I mean, HOOT! :D

Uwk
    Merriel likes this.
  15. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

Yes please!
    (I've been /feedbacking and asking in forums for years for a hooluk and aviak mask or illusion. XD A mask would be useable on mannequins and house actors too, if they are looking to hit multiple "birds" with one stone. >.>)

Or, they could make the spawners placeable in houses. I forgot how many Hooluks and Aviaks there were, but I know there were some.
    Merriel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  16. Kandyss New Member

I'd love it if the tradeskill cloaks from the Proof of the Pudding quest could be converted into house item tapestries.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh, that would be cool! But I thought the only Cloak that went to Tapestry and back again was that ugly stained thing from the old convention? :-/

Uwk
    chattie and Merriel like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There you go. If they're going to trash the functionality of the player-made dungeons, reducing them down to warehouses (not that I'm complaining! They hold a lot! :D), then the least the Powers can do is give us the option to convert the dungeon critters to House Pets. :)

Uwk
    Griffon Lady and Merriel like this.
  19. Griffon Lady Well-Known Member

XD I really wish they'd add portals (like the ones for Prestige homes) to Dungeon Maker. I have all kinds of ideas making mini-games in DMs and hooking the portals into houses. Video game arcade with portals in the screens, carnivals with booths that have game portals, a travel agent's office that gets you into mob-infested trouble every time you take one of her plans, a movie theatre that transports you into action scenes... wait that sounds familiar... hmmmm... XD you get the idea.
    I'm guessing since the DM got dropped and isn't something they are trying to sell any more, it won't be getting any changes. :\
    >.> ahhh DM portals... decorating would be so much easier too, if you could access DMs from in houses. XD Well, and put a portal to the house in a DM... can you do that already? I haven't tried. XD I'll have to go see.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Merriel like this.
  20. Merriel Well-Known Member

The White Dragonscale Cloak, which is a quest reward converts to a house item. Would love if more cloaks would convert...especially marketplace cloaks, which are so pretty, but I refuse to spend DBC on them mostly because I simply don't have the room to store them anywhere. A few of my characters have them, because of featherfall, but otherwise, there's no point in purchasing anymore of them. If they would convert to house items, there would be another reason to purchase them. There are some cloaks that are quest rewards or looted, that I'd also love to see converted. I wonder how difficult it would be for them to make all cloaks convertible? Seems they could just change the basic default cloak patterns to be convertible, and then apply it to all cloaks in the game.

Would like to see the same done for all boots, helmets, and robes too.:D