Post Merge House Items Missing

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by seanabrady, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Arkcon New Member

Post Merge:
    I picked up my researcher and placed it along with an empty collection depot box in my alts house. Zoned out and when I went back in they were gone. I checked the retrieve item list and nothing.

I bought a bag full (46) of the orange floor panels, I laid out 16 on the ground in one my houses and then zoned out to get something else. I came back and 2 were missing. I had nothing else placed in the house to I packed everything into the moving crate and counted them, there were only 14. Counted the ones in my bag and total was only 44. Not that I care about the panels.
  2. Purple Crustacean Member

This is great news, I lost a brand new large harvest depot that I placed between resets on Wednesday evening that I originally petitioned and then the items yesterday that made me realize what was going on. Having just come back to eq after just under a year off I would love to get back at things, however my bags are now full of furniture that I am unwilling to place until this gets fixed.
  3. Cylaa New Member

I changed my designer collection warehouse this morning - I needed more space from my old house. I spent a good 4 hours moving things out of the moving box. I left...came back and found I was missing about 100 items. The worse part - I put some shrubbery in another house I've been working on and it's gone - just the shrubbery...everything else I had placed is still there. I hope this can get fixed and I can get all the stuff I'm missing back. Among all my stuff was 4 Neriak doors :(
  4. suka Well-Known Member

yes i am finding that everything i foolishly set down yesterday before realizing that this was a problem now has items missing. unfortunately i didn't think to save immediately so i don't know what all is missing. one of my toons put down all of her books and trophies, only to find today that most are gone along with paintings she put down. i do hope they roll us back and give us the things we lost.

edit: and yes i am worried about my new altars and am afraid to enter the houses to find out if they are there. some of my toons no longer show that buff on them.
  5. shylo New Member

Just realized that one of my other longer running characters placed something and it went missing too...little slow today..lol.

Hope we get everything back, I really hope you get all of the stuff you lost Suka, I always forget to do a save. I never think of it and by the time I do, of course it is much too late.
    suka likes this.
  6. Jamiss Developer

Newly placed items, or items that you picked up and then placed again should now be working properly, items that were just "moved" but never actually picked up into your bags shouldn't have had an issue. We're currently still digging for the best way to restore any items that may have been lost.
    shylo likes this.
  7. suka Well-Known Member

well not quite. Prophetess just zoned into a house where she had put some books for me and out of 80 books placed, there are now only 64. do hope you figure out that soon. any chance the player written books will be able to be replaced?
  8. seanabrady New Member

Jamiss: Thanks very much for the work on this. I will run my same set of tests from last night and report back.
  9. seanabrady New Member

running through a few iterations in my test house and all seems fine. It was easily repeatable for me yesterday so this is a good sign.
    Purple Crustacean likes this.
  10. Purple Crustacean Member

Same here, I just ran my carpenter to a brand new house with a couple stacks of 10s and everything was there when I zoned back in.

Thank you for getting to the bottom of this so quickly!
  11. Arkcon New Member

Come to think of it, When I first put my researcher in my alt's house it was ok. I did move it afterwards, same thing with the collection box. Thanks for posting what the problem is. It helps.
  12. shylo New Member

I logged out and then in again, the things that were missing are still missing, so does this mean that you will be able to restore them or you are not sure? I have not placed anymore items yet, cause I'm not so sure that I trust it to be fixed...lol...worried about placing the bottle for Raffik, although I can use the bottle from a house that I am trustee on.

Don't like the idea of using another one instead of my own, but at least I can do the quest. Thanks for what has been done so far, will try putting something that I don't find essential in the house and see how it goes.
  13. Gromp New Member

I lost the Altar of the Ancients when I placed it in my house. Will I get it back? I sure hope so, also lost a food and drink depot, I checked and the items are still missing.
  14. suka Well-Known Member

any news on this yet? i am afraid to put books and items down until i know this is completely fixed. i still have stuff missing so i hope you find a way to restore stuff soon.
  15. seanabrady New Member

I have been playing with placing items and all seems to be fixed, though the missing items still appear to be missing for me.
  16. shylo New Member

A couple or 3 posts above, I talked about being worried about placing the message in the bottle for Raffik. I left it in my inventory and placed a few other things. All was well, the items I placed stayed put, so the table and my book, and the egg warmer with its egg are among the missing but probably are retreivable when everything gets sorted out.

I played most of the day today and never noticed until just now that the message in the bottle and the Freeport candle that I rescued from midair when the table went missing and thought was safe in inventory have now gone walkabout.

I searched everywhere including the house vault and the items, not here, not in inventory where they were....this is different.

So, any hope of rescuing these items as well...lol?
  17. Jamiss Developer

A quick update. The process to restore the missing items has been finalized and should take place with tomorrow's hotfix.
  18. Vashte Active Member

That's great to hear!
    Has the cause of the disappearing items been fixed already, or is that going to get a fix tomorrow as well?
  19. suka Well-Known Member

that was fixed earlier but i was waiting for the complete fix before putting anything back down. looking forward to the fix tomorrow
  20. Adevil Well-Known Member

A couple of questions out of curiosity. Did the player dungeons have the same issues as houses, and halls? Did No-Trade items convert to ownership of the character that created the dungeon?
    gingham likes this.