New Legendary Gear

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ZUES, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

The upgrade from fully greened to double red armour wasn't really all that huge compared to the upgrades I've received (and hope to receive) for my jewelry. As Mogrim and others have pointed out, this is where I'm going to get the biggest bang for my buck in continuing to run AoM raid content. There are definitely some EoF pieces that I will look at using when/if I get them, but the armour upgrades were not and are not earth-shattering.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Some of the jewelery, yes, but the loot is generally 2 armor pieces and 1 jewelry. 2/3rds of the loot just became 'mute fodder.
  3. Genghes Active Member

Gninja. Was not having extra parry/repo chance on the tank armor intentional?
    ZUES likes this.
  4. sycla Active Member

This hits the low end raiding guilds the hardest..the 4-6 pieces of red armor they managed to get is obsolete now.
    The only way these changes would be fair was to have boosted the stats of raid gear to comparable levels.
    This feels like buying the 10k ferrin mount only to see a new mount with better stats for 100 ferrin.
  5. ZUES Well-Known Member

They always forget avoidance tanks. Bet you haven't seen a Gi yet have you?
  6. Gnomad_Madgon Active Member

Why not? Perhaps not everyone is as skilled as you are at this game. Let us imagine for a moment that not everyone feels the same way as you. Should they find no enjoyment in being triumphant with a slight gear edge over guild X that was able to do it without said advantage. I get the whole "hard mode" attitude. My question was based on my opinion, not a fact for the whole EQ2 universe. I truly am curious to see if anyone reading this thread shared my outlook on the situation. I enjoy progression kills even if I achieved it with geared I picked up in a GU that came out after its original release date.

Is this a fact? I just want to take a moment to say while I did not love every encounter in AoM, I found many, and more to be a lot of fun. I am not sure if you noticed but they also added The Fabled Freethinker Hideout [Challenge Raid] (self respect not included).

Gnomad ~ Crushbone
  7. Vasco Active Member

Plenty of game has done this, releasing stagger content to bridge gap into the next tier progression. Bottom line is, they worked on it, gave us new content. Don't want old raid to become obsolete, then fine, don't use the new equiptments. Whether or not you want to do it is up to you.

It's like the want not wont be happy until everyone is on their level.
  8. ZUES Well-Known Member

Ability Mod - Is it me or does most of the new gear seem to be very inconsistent when it comes to ability mod? In some cases you can actually reforge ability mod much higher than picking the piece with it on there already. Different classes with the same set display different amounts of ability mod too. It's all over the map it seems. Intended?
  9. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Making raid AoM almost irrelevant in a small patch. Target completed.... My personal graz on that one :D
  10. Zishan Member

This has happened before as well, the Fabled zones allways bring more powerful gear than current content. Only a few months for next compasion so not suprised by this and I welcome it.
  11. Kheldorian New Member

The real problem isn't the new gear, it's just the difficulty of the new raid... we have cleaned the normal + challenge version in 2 hours.

What's the goal? why a challenge version without challenge, the normal is enough..
    Trashes have less hp in challenge than normal. Nothing change, scripts are the same than old tiers 7 zones.

You have made Distillery for mid-lvl progression and "casual raiders", why a mid-lvl raid again?

So yes, it's new ( not really, just a rewamp from old zone), it's fun ( like killing some x4 trashes ).
    Last year we had ToV3 and Fabled Deatholl ( a real fabled, with real new things ) with a great Fabled Tarinax which is so hard that nobody killed it before AoM.
    Kalderon likes this.
  12. Gninja Developer

Last year all difficult content had been killed by a large number of guilds at the time we released those zones. As of right now there are still 2 bosses that have no been legitimately killed (only kills were due to a bug)

Also, just because the zone is listed as a challenge version does not mean its for the top 10 guilds only. guilds further down in progression can tell you there is a difference between the two zones in terms of difficulty. The top 10 and maybe even top 20 likely won't see as much of a difference since its mostly just damage numbers and length of encounter.
  13. Jrel Well-Known Member

As a raider whose guild was unable to kill that spider because of the lag more than just a few times, I'm quite glad no one has to do that mob again.
  14. Kheldorian New Member

Like we discussed before, in my opinion Avatars must be separated from "common progression" due to the farm + luck, we need to spawn them. We can't try them very often and they are contested so it's more difficult if another guild try them at the same time. (I love contested mobs, do not change that :p)
    I've seen your tips to help us with token farming, thanks for that. Another good option is to keep the avatar alive even after some time of inactivity like the old ones ( 3-6 days before depop ).

About The challenge freethinker, i really don't understand why put an average difficulty. You can put this difficulty on the normal mode. The new gear will help guilds to kill the old and the new content so they have some things to do.
    Just keep the challenge zone for others guilds ( top 20 guilds, yes ) because, we had nothing to do except farming altar, few 8/8 purple adorn in distillery and token for avatars (2 weeks of farming, 3h of tr

These fabled raids just tell us that we have to spend another 3 months to do the same things we do since 3 months. It's hard on morale and it doesn't help us to keep the motivation to play at eq2 in our guild. Farming isn't really fun and we do it because we know that it help us to kill some new mobs, but now there is too much farming for just few hours of fun before avatar depop after raid time
  15. Gninja Developer

The avatars can be spawned at will if you have the tokens though. If another guild is there killing one, when they leave you can spawn him again and try him yourself. Assuming the other guild doesnt try pulls on it if you wipe. That's between you and the other guild.
  16. Kheldorian New Member

Sure, my point is 1-2 weeks of farming ( if we lucky ) for 3 hours of try? If a guild is in precipice of power we can't wait 2 hours and take the risk to lose our tokens for 1 hour of try. We raid a lot but not every days :p
    If we try it on a monday, we know that if there is a patch on tuesday, avatar will depop, so we lose it and just go to farm again.
    Do you see my point? there is too much farming of old content by comparaison of time on the avatar itself to really keep it as the only way to progress for another 3 months.
    We just ask for new x4 hard content, can you just tell us that somthing will coming soon because if not, you probably loose some raiders on this game and raidguilds with them.
    Don't forget us, players we spend the most of time in this game. It's my message
  17. ZUES Well-Known Member

Any way we can get these in Arena of the Gods for practice?
  18. Bloodguts Well-Known Member

Having to farm cruxes is torture enough.

Brokenskull bay and Temple have no gear whatsoever that interests people who are clearing Freethinker's now and are on Avatars.

On top of that, Avatar encounters that are impossible to kill due to their current design, like Cazic Thule, are just not attractive enough to put in the time to get them, considering everything that's worth anything is already dead.

We can go in and kill Tribunal and Karana in a couple of dozen minutes no prob, due to having learned their strategy and being able to execute it almost flawlessly everytime, but Cazic Thule is just impossible to deal with due to the amount of health on the 3 main adds. You just eventually get overwhelmed and can't keep up with the DPS required.
  19. Kalderon Well-Known Member

You maybe right, my guild needs one last named to step into the harder content. Sure, but all the content before is pretty much useless, with the freethinker "content". We also cleared both versions on an evening.... How can i keep my crew bussy, if there is nothing left?
  20. ZUES Well-Known Member

RC 8th purple adorn, salvo charms, myth from Construct.
    Kalderon likes this.