New Legendary Gear

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by ZUES, Jun 23, 2015.

1. ZUES Well-Known Member

It's just....

Wish I could get all my DKP back. Some pieces are better than T2 purple with 2 gems. Why raid AOM/RC anymore? As a side note I love that they put mitigation on these boots! That makes my life so much easier in my tank spec.

[IMG]

[IMG]

From heroic....

[IMG]
  2. Caith Developer

The gear dropping in the new Fabled zones are a preview of the stat layouts and sets we will be using in the upcoming campansion. Several pieces are significantly upgraded because we are ditching the staggered power of armor pieces. So instead of having weak forearms, stronger hands, even stronger helms, and strong breastplates there will be only two armor power levels. Forearms, Hands, Feet, Head and Shoulders are all of equal power. Chest and Legs are a bit more powerful, and equal to each other.
    Kittybock, Kryvak, Crychtonn and 4 others like this.
  3. ZUES Well-Known Member

I can understand and appreciate that. It's a great idea! I love the gear I really do! The problem however is raiding the existing content. With exception of the Salvo charm and some select pieces I'm not seeing the need to raid AoM content anymore. This gear might have been premature. Just my opinion. If we had more raid content that dropped this type of gear it would be great, but we don't. And while this may help us clear AoM a bit sooner I think you guys should tweak existing raid gear to match this philosophy.
  4. Vizzio New Member

So as I see it in the pictures above - the primary stats (INT, AGI, STR)on the fabled zones legendary gear is better than AoM raid 2 red slot gem gear. Was that intended?
  5. Koko Well-Known Member

[insert broken recording of complaints about the "relative power level" of BIS items vs. non-BIS items here]
    [insert explanation of why it is bad and what problems can and will propagate from the oversight here]

-edit-
    For funzies, here is an example "problem". Preliminary "tweaking" with a calculator strongly suggests that the mage vs. scout EncDPS gap will greatly shift in favor of mages. The tl;dr version is mages get to spec for WDB/P/CB equipment, pick up "free" flurry through the cloak/belt and will do vastly increased damage as a result, completely reversing the scout revamp implemented about a month ago.
    Glassjaw, Breta and Flatline like this.
  6. ZUES Well-Known Member

Seeing a LOT of max health gear but very little to none of the DPS sets. Intended?
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

If this could tighten the gap between raider and heroic player a bit more Im all for it honestly.
    There should be a gap ofc but its been too big honestly. It has gotten better and better tho, when AoM first launched the difference was enormous. In terms of charms and jewelry. RC made it a little better with corked stud, stoneway captains seal and hempen halter.
    I found a way to make decent plat for the more common SLR raid jewelry so i could still keep up. Otherwise i would have just stopped playing cuz raiders with hundreds of more cb/pot would make you feel useless in groups, wich isnt a fun feeling. As i was saying tho there should be a gap and raiders should be rewarded but not to the point where those who run heroics feel useless. If i could raid i would but sadly RL gets in the way. So Im happy theres more and more goodies hitting the heroic zones! Should not be better then purple or red raidgear tho lol.

Kokos complains about itemisation early this xpac was spot on honestly. DGB should hire him ;D

Peace!
  8. Raenius Well-Known Member

Crappy recycled fabled heroic zones shouldn`t drop better pieces than current max tier raidzones - this is an epic fail. Altho you gave an example what you plan to do with itemization in the future, this is too soon and just doesnt fit in at the moment. This should maybe slighty better than 1 red rune raidgear if you want to make it half-worthwile, everything above is mayhem.
  9. Widem Active Member

As you just stated, Leftside was not a problem.
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

AS bracers with better stats (blue and green) then 2 gemmed red bracers... o_O
  11. Regolas Well-Known Member

Everything should be tiered based on difficulty, but still have the same effects.

Putting massive cb/pot/wdb effects on raid only mob loot, when there's nothing comparable but not as good in heroics, makes a massive gap.

Salvo, uplifting effects, amplified effects, etc should all have smaller versions as heroic drops. That still gives incentives to raid, to get the upgraded version.

Having loot on heroic or solo that blows raid gear out the water means no point in raiding. Very poor foresight.
    Mermut and Tharrakor like this.
  12. Kheldorian New Member

The point is why raiding anymore?
    Now, all AoM content is useless so what left? One Fabled raid + challenge mode, with Castle Highold difficulty? Castle was clean by 80% of raidguilds and we have to wait like 2-5 months for new content and real challenge (hopefully).

So, why don't put the best stuff on solo timeline? no need to raid, no need to group, no need to farm and everyone can have the best stuff and will be happy
  13. ZUES Well-Known Member

Do the new Fabled zones drop Ethereals?
  14. Jrel Well-Known Member

I really don't think it's a huge deal. New content... new upgrades... come on people. This is the new stuff before the next DLC which will have even better gear. Besides, some of the encounters/mobs in the new zones aren't exactly pushovers if you try to take on too much at once. And would you rather have new content that has items that are just sidegrades or puny 0.2% upgrades of everything we have now, and you could take or leave it; or would you rather it has better gear that makes you want to do the content? There is also a new raid and challenge raid zone too.
    Febrith and Gnomad_Madgon like this.
  15. Kheldorian New Member

Before give a such upgrade to the stuff, you have to think about consequences... if all the old content becomes useless, you have to give a big new one.. not a single raid with no difficulty.
    Now, there is nothing to do for raiders except one easy single raid, with like 4 bosses... so much fun, so interesting.

To me, there is a major problem when the solo content becomes more interesting than raid content on a MMORPG
  16. Koko Well-Known Member

I'm 100% on board for 0.2% upgrades/sidegrades.

I'm Hugely in favor for an expansion that keeps previous equipment and instances relevant, i.e. like Estate of Unrest, Shard of Fear, and Castle Mistmoore in Rise of Kunark. This is the exact opposite of that, and there is literally no reason to do any other content than the new zones introduced today.

/sadpanda
    Mermut and Eles like this.
  17. Kheldorian New Member

Everquest 2, the first SOLOMMORPG.. play alone with some people !
  18. Gninja Developer

Except for the fact that you cannot get all slots from the new content released today. Its a subset of items to show you guys the direction we are planning to go with the expansion. The response in the past to the 0.2% upgrades done in the past has been overwhelmingly negative. AoM/RC zones are still very much relevant. I think once you see the limited number of slots/items in the fabled zones you will realize that.
    Gnomad_Madgon likes this.
  19. Raenius Well-Known Member

How about upgrading gloves, gussets, boots and helms on purple raidgear then? If it is your new strategy, execute it equally on raid gear to keep the risk vs reward in line.
  20. Breta Well-Known Member

Limited like the full set of armor with some pieces being better than purple 2/2? Yeah.