Feedback #2: Berserker

Discussion in 'Fighters' started by ImTank, May 24, 2015.

1. ImTank New Member

I had been playing Berserker over several years (it was my favorite class), but after the last nerf I don't find this class attractive. Moreover, i find it defective in comparison with other tanks (I have a lot of expierence of playing various tanks). But first things first.

1. The most terrible nerf thing you could do is to limit the number of triggers in a second. Firstly, it kills the essense of Berserker. The key feature of Berserk was an ability to survive when many mobs attacked it. More mobs - more survival probability. Now, the more mobs, the more likely to die. Berserk must heal from every hit, otherwise the class loses its essense. Secondly, limiting the number of triggers in second makes a battle unpredictaple. I have more than 2.5kk and 20kk miti, but I can't be sure that I won't die while collecting trash mobs. Now, I have to use Adrenaline and Battle Frenzy together and lose supporting healing during the fight itself.

2. Berserk had the best healself, but it offsets by other parameters. Let's compare Berserk with Dark Khight.

Block Chance
    Dark Knight have +30% to constant block chance from Alternate Advancement, Berserker have +0%.

Max Health
    Dark Knight have +34,5% to max health from Alternate Advancement, Berserker have only +17,5% (less by 17%).

Damage
    Dark Knight have up to 2 times more damage than Berserker.

Agro
    Dark Knight dressed in instance armor gains more agro than Berserker dressed in raid armor (80% agro mode both). Berserker needs to use agro buffs additionally.

Mana Heal
    Dark Knight have mana heal, Berserker havn't.

Curing
    Dark Knight can cure stun effects, Berserker can't.

Protection
    After nerf, Berserker can be protected by itself only partly. When Adrenaline (35s) or Battle Frenzy (30s) is active, Berserker needs a healer. Dark Knight have Divine Aura (absorbs all damage, 16s), Crusader's Faith (converts group damage into Dark Knight's heal, 24s), Dark Knight's Fury (absorbs all physical damage, 25s) and Dark Knight doesn't need a healer while one of these buffs is active.

AOE auto-attack
    I can't say that it is a big advantage to have 100% AOE auto-attack from a mythical buff cause excess AOE parameter reforges into auto-attack parameters such as DPS, Multi Attack and Attack Speed, but in any case Berserker's damage will be nearly 2 times less than Dark Knight.

3. I have expierence of playing Guardian, Monk, Dark Knight, Berserker and I don't offer that Berserker is need to be nerfed. Yes, it has very good HPS and it is a simple in mastering, but it doesn't mean that Berserker is imbalanced class, couse in other parameters it loses all tanks. Nerf looks very inoffensively, but in practice my HPS fell by up to 40%. As a result, Berserker becomes the most defective tank. Type of nerf is particularly disgusting, you should remove the limitation of the number of triggers in second(s). If you believe that Berserker has excess hps, reduce 10% in Battle Frenzy to 5%, but turn Controlled Rage (25% block chance) into permanent buff. Also, I offer to add to Perseverance absorption 1 magical hit with 100% chance, it covers up partly the lack of absorbing damage buffs.

I hope that the foolish nerf of my favorite class will be cancelled, it forced me to play Dark Knight. But if not, I will continue to play Dark Knight and I will advice all players to do the same, couse it's better in every way.

PS Sorry for mistakes, English is not my native language.
    8ladez likes this.
  2. Montag Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I hate this Nerf. I can understand their desire to remove an infinitely scaling ability though.

I wish they would at least dramatically increase the percentages of battle frenzy, blood rage and also clerics divine guidance.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I agree.

All this does is limit the amount of mobs you can have hitting you. Before it was more = better. Now it's more = better but only until number of hits and damage is greater than healing output.

You can still pull a lot of stuff. You just can't pull an entire zone and never die. Maybe Shadowknights can, I don't play mine regularly enough, but my experience with both of them is that SKs will die quicker if you don't cast your abilities, whereas a zerk could do nothing and still stay alive due to the passive nature of Blood Rage.

I play a zerk regularly, a monk sometimes and an SK occasionally, FYI.
  4. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I play Guardian, zerker, sk, Bruiser and pally on lvl cap. With my back against a corner my bruiser is gonna be easier to heal during masspulls then my berserker now. This nerf hits lesser gear zerkers pretty hard. Adrenaline is now the best temp coupled with gutroar. Battle Frenzy is bad now if you havent specced the DR on it. Blood Rage is also bad now.

Berserker is still capable, but they aren't really better then any other tank VS mass crowds anymore.
    Blood Rage needs an additional effect now. For example an additional 2% DR for every enemy that hates the berserker to a maximum of 20%.

Battle Frenzy could for example increase the Berserkers max health by 2% for every enemy that hates the wearer.
  5. Vasco Active Member

Zerker is still op, please stop beating the dead horse.

Also, what's a dark knight? Is that Batman?
    Schrek likes this.
  6. Silzin Active Member

It looks like a translation proplem and is probably SK's... Batman is in DCUO, wrang game.
  7. ImTank New Member

Shadowknight, Dark Knight... in my language these words sound the same. But I'm going to answer your question. Shadowknight is really Batman.
  8. Vasco Active Member

That would explain the OP dps.
  9. Talathionwins Active Member

Berserkers LOSE mana, Shadowknight's have a Mana over time ability that still criticals.

Seriously, don't make fun of someones language. He is very much right, the nerf made me just, well. Not want to play berserker anymore, not even for just fun. Shadowknights are pretty much better in every way, just remove them and give Zerkers free class-changers.
    Healious likes this.
  10. Mahgnus Member

The sky is falling...:eek::eek::eek:
  11. Vasco Active Member

It's a win patch if talation stops playing.

I don't normally troll, but when I do, I do. Stay angry my friend.
  12. Darksavanna Active Member

You have pointed out class flavor diffrences. Take those same complaints and pair it against the other classes i can make a SK look like junk vs a monk. Same can be said zerk vs a guard. All tansk have pros and cons and if all you do is pair the pros of a class vs the cons of another it never turns out well.

sorry spelling isnt my first language either.
  13. ImTank New Member

I compared Berserker and Shadowknight cause both playstyles are similar.
  14. Darksavanna Active Member

They are only similar in that they are both tanks. How they get the job done is very different. Closest class to a zerker right now is a guard or brawlers. They are the classes that run MIT buffs avoidance buffs.

The pally runs heals/wards/cures. SK runs life taps.
  15. ImTank New Member

You must be kidding or just you didn't play these classes enough, otherwise there is no way to explain the nonsense you write.
  16. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Berserkers used to be self heal as SK, not anymore. The only thing making them similar to guardians is the heroic and Warrior tree abilities. Nothing else. There's nothing similar between zerker and brawlers. Nothing.

Berserker used to be all bout mitigation and DR coupled with reactive healing. They are still, but worse then before.
  17. ImTank New Member

But if we are talking about playstyle, I don't agree. Berserker and Guardian have different aa builds of the heroic and warrior trees.
    As for Berseker and SK, yes, they have DIFFERENT abilities, but these abilities of both classes led to THE SAME RESULT (before Rum Cellar is released). I wrote about it in 2nd paragrph in section "protection". Berserker was the most survivable and independent class, but it was worse in all the rest (2nd paragraph). Nerf was too excessive, and now Berserker is less survivable than SK and, as a result, a little more independent. In addition, Berserker remains worse in all the rest.
  18. Talathionwins Active Member

Yeah... you sound like you have no clue what your talking about. Berserker's do "NOT" avoid attacks. They don't have nearly the mitigation and health and avoidance other tanks do. They do not have the +50% Block Chance Crusaders get, they usually run completely without a shield. We need and require more damage then the other tanks because WE LACK THREAT ABILITIES.

Almost 70% of berserker's abilities require you to get hit.

This means, avoidance buffs hurt more then help us.

Anyways. This game isn't as interesting as it used to be due to unexplained nerfs with no feedback from the developers its looking pretty grim. Zerker will need buffed when content becomes a few powerful mobs instead of many tiny small ones. Zerker shines when there are tons of mobs, however when content comes out where there are only 2-3 really really strong ones in a room we suck.

Zerkers were designed to punish enemies who swarm us. That was our bread and butter, however now that we have internal cool-downs that is WORTHLESS.
  19. Darksavanna Active Member

In terms of similar play style I was referring to the types to cool downs the classes have(useless or not) Guards, zeros, and monks all have a MIT increasing cool downs(sorry brusers I don't know your stuff off hand only tank class I haven't run around on).

Imtank was pointing out AA choices and cool downs that's all I was commenting on. Hell he was complaining about the block a SK can pick up.

As for what's shared between a zerker and a guard. Take another look at your trees. The whole warrior line is shared. Zerks won't take the start line no need for block so you probly take str. Ago has dragoon reflexed for that o chit moment. You waste AA in the ae auto (that blows) leaves you with wish/int. All the heroic line shared both more then likely doing double end line. Dragon is shared I am sure yours looks just like mine. That leaves prestige and the EOF tree. That's where zerks get the heals and I get threat tools and stoneskins.
  20. Genghes Active Member

You all complaining are crazy. Zerkers are still strong and are able to handle harder content with out swarms of mobs. Zerkers also generate a ton of hate and due to their mechanics can push more dps while tanking than most fighters. Argue all you want butt the fact still remains....... Zerker > sk
    Schrek likes this.