F.S distillery raid

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by bakataumana, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Jrel Well-Known Member

I updated my drivers just in case, and we'll see in a few days.
  2. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Calling framerate problems 'lag' is incorrect. Its either hitching or just plan drops in frame rate. And yes, it matters. You already got answers referring to network traffic because you used the term 'lag.'

Beee and Jrel like this.
  3. Kalderon 2 Member

Just short update, 5th named, nice fight, nice script *thumbs up*
    6-7-8.... buged? Or realy on a level of trashmob? :eek:
  4. Jrel Well-Known Member

Hell yes, that's a perfect example of my combat lag during E.T. right there in your Lagging example. THANK YOU. I get that "Faux Firing" crap much, not being able to press anything for 5-10 seconds, being able to run around in Bullet-Time while everything is at a standstill, etc. Apart from the E.T. lag, I was also "hitching" when turning around in some parts of the zone. Thus, my earlier complaint in my OP.

I have an EVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB GDDR5; an old card, but still not a piece of crap on an i7 2.66 GHz with 12 GBs of RAM with SATA HDDs.
  5. Gninja Developer

Bosses 6,7,and 8 are much easier than boss 5. But they are meant as learning bosses to defeat the last boss since the last boss is those 3 bosses plus the final guy.
  6. Cronqar New Member

so Baz is about as difficult as Brunhild, Snaggeltooth and Danacio combined with Kildiun? This would make Baz harder than Kildiun? Just wondering about the terminology of "last" and "final" Boss and difficulty grade.
    And Charandra was definitely fun, really nice script without having those headache inducing "why?", it just made sense.
  7. Gninja Developer

No Baz would be the hardest in the zone. But hardest in the zone doesn't mean only a hand full of guilds will be able to kill him. This zone is meant to be able to be completed by most raid groups. Kildiun might be considered harder but only because you only get one pull to defeat him not because his script is super difficult.
  8. Vasco Active Member

Any tip on kildium? Would hate to go against him again unprepared!
  9. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I OC'd my i5 to 4 GHz just for EQ2 since EQ2 leans so crazy hard on the processor clock speed. I limited my framerate to 30 FPS, I haven't seen a problem since. Limiting the FPS below common peaks helps since it isn't always trying to go fast as possible, so less peaks and harsh drops.

Been using a GTX 550 Ti with 1 gig as of late, but I have a replacement coming soon. A 750 GTX Ti with 2 gigs, scores more than double in comparison on benchmarks, only cost $130. But thats more for other video games, not EQ2.
    Gninja likes this.
  10. Jrel Well-Known Member

What's funny is I just bought a 750 GTX TI with 2GB also from Amazon. How do you limit your framerate? I could try that.
  11. Neiloch Well-Known Member

I'm actually using the setting in the first half of the video to simulate hitching
  12. Vasco Active Member

Could we do something about Captain Mergin? Sometime i feel like i need to do the indy 500 around the vats, especially when it's laggy.
  13. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Nothin' like a good piece of loot, 'cept maybe the Indy 500
  14. Gninja Developer

He casts his spell every few seconds. It is not meant to trigger as soon as you get near it. You just need to leave him near it till it goes off and you move on. It has a pretty big range and lag should not be a factor.
  15. Vasco Active Member

Gotcha, i thought it was a proximity thing. had to run him in circle around the vats, gets pretty dizzying.
  16. Kraeref Well-Known Member

You will fighr them all on the top level and you will feel the big big difference
    Kalderon likes this.
  17. Kraeref Well-Known Member

All in all eq2 is known for low frame rate other games are better in keeping high frame rate on the same rigs. So it's not actually all because of machines people have.
  18. Atan Well-Known Member

I think the range isn't all that big.

On one raid force I play MT, and I place him right on the edges of the vats and it clears reliably.

On another raid force I play a healer, and I watched that MT hold the mob ~8 meters from the vat and it wasn't nearly as consistent.

I can't see what the range on the effect is, but it 'felt' like it could be 25% bigger. I understand you don't really want to make it easy to hit two vats at the same time though.

To the folks above on water, there are some advanced settings specifically around how water is rendered. Both updating your video drivers, as well as tweaking these settings may up your frame rate. But low frame rate is a problem with your machine's performance, spell lag happens when your frame rate (green number) is over 20, yet it is still taking 3 seconds for an instant cast spell to cast. Ie, what we see regularly on the spiderbear thing in HH.
  19. Gninja Developer

The range is large enough where if increased any further they would overlap between vats. There is maybe half a meter of distance between the ranges.
  20. Clevemo Active Member

Baz encounter - when the raid gets the KB, Baz will drop its target for some random raid member and his AoE damage will spike.

Kildiun encounter - just give us a free exquisite chest with phat loots because we had zero ideas on how to handle the adds, the first add just kites around the raid then the next add, if the mob isn't dead puts a barrel on the floor ... no indication how far we have to joust ... out of the room maybe? The mob dies so quickly, is it worth a dev's time to explain the fight?