F.S distillery raid

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by bakataumana, Apr 28, 2015.

1. bakataumana Member

not 100% rotgut is the whole problem.. when we crashed the zone we hadnt even touched him.. unless him just being there was the issue lol..
  2. Gninja Developer

What had you done up to when you saw the crash issues? We aren't seeing any zone crashes in logs that were not related to Rotgut.
  3. Mills New Member

We were doing Captain Morgin and as far as I know doing the script correctly moving him to each of the four distillers when needed.

He was at about 60% and everybody started lagging real bad (in game voice chat was fine however) until we all got booted to character screen. Everybody logged back in and it looks like the zone had reset back a bit because there were trash mobs near him that we had previously killed now alive again.

Not sure how this was not a zone crash, when it was clear mobs had repopped that we previously killed in that instance.

I decided to move our raid after that back to regular AoM zones.
  4. Crychtonn Active Member

Gninja my guild on Guk crashed the zone killing trash mobs after the 2nd named. When the zone reset we were able to kill that trash set but then the next one we pulled locked up the zone again. So we left.
  5. Gninja Developer

I think this is all fallout from the Swabber crash either in your zone or on the same zone server as someone fighting swabber. Let see if these continue to happen after today's update.
  6. bakataumana Member

What he said... closest we had came to rotgut was pull the trash near the alcohol fall on the way to mogrin
  7. Jrel Well-Known Member

I wish I was able to test this zone in Beta. I was appalled to see the same layout for the solo zone in the raid zone. The zone is too big and has too much water for raiding. It should have been broken down to 3 zones to cut down on the graphic lag. I had CAs lagging out, not because of E.T., but because of me turning around.
  8. Yukinoh Active Member

Had zero problem completing this name tonight. (Rotgut)
  9. Kalderon 2 Member

Sorry forgot to mention, Valor. But after that, after the looting. We did lag, as we enter the room (dont remember name, it says, revive point unlock). After that, some trashmobs, we did killed before, where back again.
  10. Kalderon 2 Member

Did you burn him?
  11. Vasco Active Member

Anyone beaten Baz the Illusionist? He seems a bit extreme for rogue tanking.
  12. bakataumana Member

no problem tonight on rotgut running script.. CA's seemed a hair more delayed than other zones but hey im currently out of complaints that really matter... thx for the quick fix
  13. Wards Member

why is this piece of cake even on the progression list ?
    guilds i never heard of nearly cleared rum cellar raid ...

just lol
    Kalderon 2 likes this.
  14. Yukinoh Active Member

No, we did the dance, which was very simple.
    Kalderon 2 likes this.
  15. Kalderon 2 Member

Yeah, did the dance first pull, laged out at 1% ^^ Then plain burned ;)
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

The script bugs after you break or wipe it once. Then it is a cake walk.
  17. Ruckus Well-Known Member

How many times do we have to tell them that water and super detailed sky graphics adds to the lag in raid zones, yet they keep putting that stuff into the raid zones expansion after expansion.
  18. Gninja Developer

Raid zones going forward will be in 10X10 rooms with no windows. Would you like the rooms padded or unpadded? On a serious note, there is little difference between water and no water in a zone in terms of spell lag. If you are experiencing high lag in zones with water I would suggest updating video card drivers or something along those lines as that sounds like more of a rendering issue and not something specific to network traffic.
    Atan, Yukinoh, Neiloch and 1 other person like this.
  19. Jrel Well-Known Member

I had no lag in POW, COE, and TOV unless E.T. was firing. Sanctum was always bad though when you were outside a room. I have 70+ FPS in Phantom and Tranquil Sea. Have you tried fighting through the combat lag in the pools during the Morin and Barin fight? It is painfully slow. I have to /cutemode, zoom in close, and view from above. On Captain Krasnok, I don't have much lag because I zoom in and fight from above so that I don't see the water. Maybe it is a combination of some stone textures and the water in zones. No idea. Something about the Distillery zone causes lag. I get 70+ when I first enter, but when I get to the middle areas, I get 50s (normal of course), then when combat starts, it's molasses so I have to zoom in and fight from above view as much as possible. I have all my water settings turned off, graphics/particle quality at minimum textures, no shadows, low animation/model detail, but I still see reflections of everything in the water. There shouldn't be any reflections or water animation. I will try updating my video drivers though.
  20. Gninja Developer

Indeed I have. I don't lag nearly as much as I have heard others do in that fight. But that could be largely based on the way my guild fights that fight versus other guilds. My guild kills all adds and doesn't let them stack up and kills the bosses equally. I don't see more lag in that fight versus say the Grimling in Ssraeshza raid. I don't have a complete beast of a machine either. I wish :)