Progressive PvP server

Discussion in 'PvP & Battlegrounds' started by Intenzive, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Intenzive Member

I am making a new thread for this in some dim hope that the devs will read it. Naggy is dead. If you want to get a lot of your players to return do this. Eq1 has a progressive server so why can't we. There are many players who would love to go back to the KOS, EOF, and ROK days. By you not even letting us know this may be a good idea or at least considering it, you're letting us know you don't care what the hardcore players want and only care about the fluff.
    kafodoo and Siren like this.
  2. Tippysaurus Active Member

No hardcore players that I have spoken to wants this. You are alone. The hardcore players I have spoke to want the lag and warfield mechanics fixed.
  3. Fanatical Member

I'd love to see this happen. However, this isn't the first time it has been asked for and I doubt we'll get it.
    Siren likes this.
  4. Creasote Well-Known Member

If this meant a rollback before Warfields, battlegrounds and gear separation, I would support this 100%. Although a rollback may exclude features such as prestige points, etc is a factor to keep in mind.

You would see the return of more hardcore players to the game and an even more desolate Nagafen server as people would spend more of their time on the rollback server. Overall the gaming population would increase as people would come back.

There have been numerous posts about this over last few years and many people supported it.
    Siren and kafodoo like this.
  5. Tippysaurus Active Member

Whiney crybabies that cannot adapt. You are right that is who they should give in to.
  6. Tippysaurus Active Member

/sarcasm off
  7. Vlahkmaak Active Member

A progressive server would just lead right back to where we are at as end mobs are killed: I think what you want is a specific era locked server (locked at Kos, EoF, or RoK). While the PVP was much better at that time people who pve/p would quickly become bored as their is only so many times one can run through DT or VP even in era specific aa/gear without getting bored. Would we then expect SOE to release additional content at tose levels for said server? Since they cannot properly adjust skills/stats for pvp now I highly doubt they would be willing to release additional 60-80 content for a lone server. As noted above this has been asked for by older players but, I do not see it ever happening due to resource allocation - it would be interesting to see it again but those days are long over: Would we really have enough people interestedt to recreate massive tri-faction raid on raid with blocking raids of each faction at Hurricanus again? I believe the answer to be no.
  8. balzor Active Member

Definitely not! What a massive waste of resources this would be, please devs if you do read this thread go with your gut instinct and completely ignore it!
  9. Exur Well-Known Member

It would be PvE if anything and this anything isn't gonna happen. EQ2Emulator is what you want and there just isn't enough interest in this 10 year old game to finish it. "That" project has been stuck going nowhere for years.

Good/fun things are happening out there, just not really here. Oh wait, Bat flavored fairies are coming... Ugh, haven't we all had enough of these already. Something original would be nice.
  10. Tippysaurus Active Member

lol'd at bat flavored fairies
  11. Trasor Active Member

This has been said over and over that this could never happen because the developers would rather continue to decrease their player-base with their new ideas which slowly dwindles the population...which they attribute to the fact that these games are no longer in the social limelight.

No matter how awesome this would be, sadly we are seeing an expansion where a brig can someone a copy of itself that mimics its actions, that sounds like it would work in PvP.
  12. Siren Well-Known Member

They said it would not be nearly as easy as just dredging up an old backup of KoS. I don't know that there is any way to feasibly implement this, and besides, the devs have said it isn't going to happen.
  13. kafodoo Active Member

I recently cancelled my subscription, because of the nature of the game. You literally can farm full sets of good armor in a couple of days compared to back in ROK when it took months to get some of the best gear just for instances for one toon. Back then the game wasn't boring, you always had something to do, and the content couldn't be done within a few days. I think having a progression server locked at a certain era would be great, because it would bring back the actual good players to game unlike the wannabe good players we have now!:)

Now, lets start to the topic of pvp.. I know I haven't been active in pvp for awhile, but I know it isn't good. Open world pvp is dead, and all people do is show up to war field and do battlegrounds all day. Back in the KOS, EOF, ROK, and TSO there was a lot of open world pvp, which made it fun, because you got to encounter different players with different skill sets of how to play their class. Even in SF, open world pvp wasn't made, because players made a effort to go out and pvp. I'm sure many will agree with me, I hate running around all day just to get little to no kills.

Lastly, just implementing a pvp progression server would benefit sony for the following: SOE could charge a mandatory subscription, which will make them more money. I know making one would take time, but in the long run things will work out.
  14. Fetish Well-Known Member

Absolutely, you would have them. Those players are still around. You just don't see them in the ADHD kiddy version of PvP that we have now. If SOE were willing to recreate the environment they had, back when multiple red servers were filled to capacity and then some, they would be gifted with what they had then, multiple red servers worth of people playing. They would just have to do what they are unwilling to...well two things...first, make it; Second, leave it alone.
    Siren likes this.
  15. Fleshdecay Well-Known Member

Caith stated before that the task isn't impossible but very time consuming and will cost more man hours than they are willing to put forth. Many of us see the benefits of such a server and the positive impact it will have in the long run, if it were ever implemented. It's just that SoE simply doesn't believe it's worth their time and I don't know what can be done to change that.
    kafodoo and Trasor like this.
  16. kafodoo Active Member

Honestly, we as the player should fund this! I'm sure getting the word out to fund wont be too hard. I'm sure if this is funded, it will help soe with making this to pay for the time that it will take!
  17. Mowse Well-Known Member

Is that option? Or sarcasam? Player funded
  18. Swisha New Member

If this happens... My roommate, exwife, and a few other friends would be in forsure. I'm sure there are 1000's that would come back to KoS PvP
  19. Trasor Active Member

I would buy like 20 accounts to kick start that
    kafodoo likes this.
  20. kafodoo Active Member

What I said is serious, soe if you're reading this, take this to mind. More and more people, day by day are wanting this to happen, I'm sure a kick starter would go well!