5 Fashionable Items Every Norrathian Must Have

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Sep 4, 2014.

1. Luperza Community Manager

By: Margaret “Luperza” Krohn

It’s New York Fashion Week, and there’s no better way to celebrate than to take a step back into the past and look at five of the most fashionable items that every Norrathian should attain!

1 - Engraved Royal Velium Armor
    [IMG]
    If you’re heavily “engraved” in Tradeskills, or have a friend who is, you can attain this royal look. The item is a side reward from the “What Dreams May Come” heritage quest that tailors and armorers receive in the 7th expansion, Scars of Velious, and it can be crafted thereafter.

Are you curious about the history of this item? Back in the original EverQuest, this item was a component that was required to complete the Coldain Prayer Shawl quest line. It was partially inspired by the hexagonal detail of Gimli’s Dwarven armor in the Lord of the Rings movies.
    [IMG][IMG]

2 - Barbarian Heritage Armor
    [IMG]
    Looking for a quick item you can pick up without any work? You can purchase the Barbarian Heritage Armor set on the EverQuest II Marketplace. This is a throwback that is certain to spawn nostalgia in an instance!

Inspired by the original EverQuest barbarian armor, this beauty became available in 2011 when the EverQuest II Team finally introduced kilts, something barbarians (and other) players had been asking for since launch. Fun fact! When we announced kilts, Dave Georgeson and Dave Brown sported their own kilts at Fan Faire!
    [IMG][IMG]

3 - Blue Snowflake Scarf
    [IMG]
    This lovely scarf was implemented in 2011 and can be attained during the Frostfell live event. Complete the quest “The Giftgiver’s Dilemma” and you too can own this unique item. Don’t have this item in your wardrobe yet? Fear not! Frostfell is just around the corner. Maybe you can add this to your wish list for Santa Glug.

4 - Mark of the Awakened
    [IMG]
    Well known by many a Norrathian, this neck slot item, when equipped, adds a glowing floating rune over your chest. It was a big status symbol back in the Kingdom of Sky expansion. To have this on display was quite the boast, showcasing the completion of the signature quest line in the Trials of the Awakened.

5 - Class Hats
    [IMG]
    Another Kingdom of Sky content piece, the class hat quest line “Blood of the Brood” allowed players to quest for a class hat matching their specific class. Initially some classes shared graphics, but alternates were later added so each class had its own unique look.

There are also some raid-dropped versions for each hat in a slightly different color. These were held in even higher esteem than the quest line class hats. The Mystic, troubadour, ranger, swashbuckler, and wizard hats were among the most popular.

Do you own one, two, three or maybe all of these fashionable pieces of Norrathian garb? Send us a screenshot of your character(s) on the forums, Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus! We’d love to see them! Don’t forget to use #NYFW!
    Kurisutaru, Koren, Tariya and 3 others like this.
  2. Graye New Member

Uhhh Lup?

Vah Shir came AFTER Velious.

Luclin graphics replaced velious unique armor looks (if toggled on)

That picture is not represenative of the item in question. All Vah Shir plate has a "tiger-striped" appearance. ;)
  3. Luperza Community Manager

:p I did what I could with the screenshots I had at hand. Hehe. Do you have one handy? I'd be happy to replace it! :D :D

Note, this is a Throw Back Thursday article, so bringing back some old school nostalgia is the point. ;)
    Graye likes this.
  4. Graye New Member

I wish I did.. but alas, no dice (My EQ1 main is a druid.. imagine that :p ) I wouldn't be able to identify it off hand in a random SS of other people.
    Luperza likes this.
  5. Grundge Active Member

Hey Georgeson looks pretty good with the kilt outfit on. That should really become the required uniform for everyone working over at SoE. :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Luperza like this.
  6. Poisonhawk Active Member

I think we need a new developing team if they are excited about these!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  7. Brigh.Guk New Member

Any chance of being able to get the MoA into an appearance slot one day? My Necro has cobbled together a pseudo ether-punk (steam punk ... but with ether!) look and it would be a nice touch! :p
    Finora and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Kalmaraa Active Member

I still want Iksar heritage armor as well as the other sets! Don't leave it uncompleted!
    Ixsiel, Katz, Naramsin and 5 others like this.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

I actually just got my Mark of the Awakened and my class hat for my brigand just a few days ago. I noticed the brigand class hat is the same as the brigand hat from the overcloud set she got as a reward in the Barren Sky timeline some time ago. The only difference is the color. The overcloud hat is black and is one of my favorite hats in the game. :D

Screenshots posted to the forums should be posted in this thread? The link just takes you to the forum menu page, not to a forum thread specifically set up to post screen shots to.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! Where's the Kerra stuff?? :-/

Uwk
    who hopes it actually doesn't look like the Ratonga stuff...totally procurered-out rat? X-P
    Graye and Naudi like this.
  11. Faelen Active Member

I think you missed the most important set Luperza, one every tank should wear to instill fear in their enemies!
    I give you: The Fearsome Bunny Overlord set! Bunny slippers pending (hint hint!)

[IMG]
    (It's really the Titanium Righteous armour)

What could possibly say "I'm not afraid of you, Dragon!" more than a hot-pink armour set complete with a pink bunny hat? Nothing! I urge all tanks to adopt this set for the purpose of making all your enemies afraid, so very afraid!
    Kurisutaru, Graye, Katz and 2 others like this.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

Yes please =) More heritage armors!
  13. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Fixed for you Luperza :D
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

Okay, so I really want a flying mallard now.
  15. Xile Member

You are quite right about the The Mark of the Awakened!
    Now this goes back to a long standing request I've had for an appearance slot for the neck (and by that token all slots).
    There are some currently nonAppearance slot items with particle effects that would benefit from this.
    The Mark of the Awakened and the Prayer Shawl being the most pronounced.
    Please reconsider this request again.
    If we can finally have appearance weapons (long thought to be impossible), surely we can round out the rest of the appearance slots.
    I have been hanging onto my character's Marks for all these years in the hope that we will one day get a neck appearance one day.
    I remember how heart broken I was when the Mark had it's particle effect remove.
    We were all impacted enough by that change to have it brought back shortly thereafter.
    So I know SOE cares more about the Mark than typical particle effect items.
  16. Koren Member

Looks like I'll be spending my weekend back tracking some of these old quests for some of my toons! ;)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Luperza like this.
  17. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

Greetimgs,
    Well this has always been one of my favs from the Shadow Odyssey quests. Its the armor of the unseen hand. Also shown is the Mark of the Awakened. Quest is started with the pickup item in Guk: Halls of the fallen.and is part of the Dark Mail Gauntlets Timeline.
    [IMG]
    oh the armor does have a hood but it isn't shown.
  18. SandsMans Active Member

It would have been very fitting if the "Mark of the Awakened" had an upgrade in the latest expansion. (Or a quest for imbuing yourself with the power of having the symbol without equipping the item.)
  19. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

lol I really want that bunny suit it would look really good on a ratonga :D. I could wear the outfit on a bunny mount.:cool:.
  20. Avahlynn Well-Known Member

Oh darlings, everything on that list but the duck mount is so last season...:p