How to: Swashbuckler DPS in Raid / Single Target stuff

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Katanallama, May 12, 2014.

1. Koko Well-Known Member

I'll second this.

Foregoing 'free' potency for marginal 'blue stats' (18 potency vs. 18 ability reuse or 90 reforge points) through AAs is likely not the best way to increase EncDPS. There are similar choices in gear selection and adornments.
  2. Ucarenyes Member

Finally a post.... Pretty much sums up many things. Actually I will never go pure WDB as a Brig cos if I ever think about that, I'd betray to swashy and enjoy Draconic Effigy and way more fun.

Question is, why a raid need a low Pot none-ranger scout? WDB brings nothing to others in the raid.
  3. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Because Katana holds his own. I honestly think he is the Only end game Swash WW lol. There may be another out there being quiet but I dont think there is. Call him stubborn but.. he does what he does lol
  4. Koko Well-Known Member

Clarifying my sentiments a bit!
    I support getting potency when it is 'free', but I am against 'hybrid' type builds (WDB + P mixed armor sets) foregoing no stamina gear. Which is a really cool discussion, but going any further is off topic. ='(
  5. Katanallama Well-Known Member

None of my temp buffs require potency, even Inspired Daring appears to use each group member's individual stats. Could I have done more with a potency / Abil mod build on this fight? Maybe, but that would require maintaining a separate set of gear and probably some slight AA changes for this one fight.

That brigand is a beast and knows how to party, he gives the assassin a run for his money quite often. Also, with prestige trees and everything else these days, one tiny hint of raid lag and brig + swash are equal dps around 6-7 mobs. Highwayman's Advance does amazing dps and Blinding Dust + Double Up is crazy.

I wish there were more Reznars as well :( Well, even more of Reznar would also be nice, he's still part time right? Other than Reznar, I think Onea was the other one, rest appeared to be alts.

Stubborn? I am still a Swashbuckler after years of everyone saying to betray, so yes I am stubborn.
    Prissetta, Feara and xkrisx like this.
  6. Glassjaw Active Member

I give Katana credit for sticking with swash. He has put more time and effort into figuring that class out than a vast majority of any player who has played one and quite possibly more than any dev involved with the class.

In the time he has spent creating reports including graphs and the ever popular spread sheet, Katana found various ways to improve the class which were sent to the dev team with very detailed suggestions and reasoning behind them. The other thing he found was how to put out respectable numbers which is why he maintains a raid spot and why mage dps is often asked to sit instead of himself.
    Prissetta and Livejazz like this.
  7. Katanallama Well-Known Member

I messed that document up, I should of waited a few days and reread it after I cut like 6 pages out of it lol. My fault on that one entirely, I do still think Sleight of Hand and the Mythical buff should be replaced tho. Fun statistic time! At the moment 31 Brigands have killed Zlandicar versus 7 Swashbucklers.

It's probably more of a testament to how dumb I am more than anything, everything and everyone says to betray.
    Livejazz and Ruckus like this.
  8. Sallid New Member

I'm glad to see this. I just made a swash 3 months ago after coming back from a long break and have been running something like this since I hit 95. I liked your AA setup more then what I had and loaded it up to try out. One big difference is that I don't have the time to raid but I can still do quite a bit of DPS for only having potent gear. Where I struggled on the single targets this definitely helped me quite a bit in dom especially. Thanks for the write up and sticking to your guns...err cannons ;)
    Prissetta and Katanallama like this.
  9. Katanallama Well-Known Member

So turns out I was wrong, Inspired Daring does appear to use my own potency - You win this round, raspberry man! :mad:
    Livejazz likes this.
  10. Livejazz Well-Known Member

<3 Swashy.
  11. Katanallama Well-Known Member

12. xkrisx Well-Known Member

Heya Katana, do you cycle between Pris De Fer and Change of Engagement perhaps? I kept jumpin back and forth cause Pris De Fer is nice but 2 min recast on a 30 sec duration just kinda makes me sad.
  13. Katanallama Well-Known Member

Our brigand runs CoE / has flawless attendance :3. With 100% reuse it's up half of the time, 30 second duration / 60 second recast starting the moment you use it. From that perspective It's very valuable as a survival tool, often blocking every tick of the DoT detriments in Guardian's Edifice. Also, if you ever happen upon agro it could mean you living long enough to use a positional detaunt.
  14. Buffrat Well-Known Member

Rotate DoM 24% DR/Pris de Fer, become tank.
  15. Koko Well-Known Member

He'd best betray for these kind of shenanigans!
    -edit- Even for me, that was terrible...
  16. Katanallama Well-Known Member

No, that was about as bad as your usual "jokes"
  17. Koko Well-Known Member

I'll give you advance warning for the next one then, as swashbucklers lack amazing reflexes to dodge puns on the fly. ^~
  18. Katanallama Well-Known Member

19. Koko Well-Known Member

I'll give that some of my jokes are a bit of a reach, but they are funny with a pirate spin or perception.
    ('Llama has to deal with this every raid, ... he has yet to beg for mercy though) ;3
    Prissetta likes this.
  20. Glassjaw Active Member

I think it is time that Koko should "Walk the Plank".
    Prissetta likes this.