Poorly Functioning Jewelry

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Gaealiege, Dec 26, 2013.

1. Gaealiege Active Member

Several of the pieces of jewelry within this expansion (particularly heroic and raid) function very poorly. Raid jewelry seems to be getting covered, but not heroic, so I will try to start that discussion.

The first item up is Testament of Battle. \aITEM -76359400 1098045305:Testament of Battle\/a
    The crit bonus wears off when any damage is taken. Dot tick, minor riposte, whatever. At that point the crit bonus doesn't really serve much of a purpose as DoTs are often going to get in 1 tick at least. In it's current state, to be useful the trigger chance would need to be increased significantly. Two times per minute on something that is removed from taking any damage is a considerable stretch. Another alternate is to lower the quantity of increments and remove the dispel. This item is pretty worthless as is.

Second item up is Getiar's Ring of Dragons. \aITEM -829265173 987539088:Getiar's Ring of Dragons\/a
    The item drops in Vuulak's and requires that you knock 5% off a mob's health in 1 blow in order to get the effect. Not a whole lot of people who are going to be landing 25 million damage hits in Vuulak's or really any zone. The health percent needed to have this proc is simply ludicrous. It needs lowered or just completely changed to a new effect outright. It's utterly worthless in this state. You will never get it to proc in anything that isn't already trivial.

Shazzak's Bored Scale http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2963507155
    The effect only procs off a deathblow. This would be fine if the duration was 1 minute and the pet followed you, however it lasts for 15 seconds and dispels the instant the encounter dies. Most encounters don't even utilize adds and the ones that do are usually trivial. If you're killing adds, 20% accuracy and strikethrough is going to be a meaningless addition. In order to keep its effectiveness in it's current state, the proc needs to simply be off a melee/spell hit. Not a deathblow. Otherwise I suggest increasing the duration of the pet to a minute and allowing it to follow.

Razorwing Talon Necklace \aITEM 1036760652 -974111482:Razorwing Talon Necklace\/a
    The item is simply buggy. It appears to turn off each time you zone and sometimes when you die. It's a minor inconvenience, to take it off and put it back on. Still needs fixed.

If anyone else knows of some heroically dropped jewelry that isn't functioning well let me know and I'll try to add it to the list!
  2. Estred Well-Known Member

This isn't so much a broken item but one that is worthless.

\aITEM 630319740 -703602757:Urn of Offering\/a

There are no arrows in game worth losing 200 Haste to avoid expending them. Even the most expensive arrows in game offer about a significantly lower return on DPS than the Flurry Conversion does.
    Daalilama and Mermut like this.
  3. Voxom Member

Great post. I agree with everything posted thus far. I especially agree with changes to the Shazzaks Bored Scale, there are much better ring slots to use that are not nearly as rare as this piece it should be up all the time to be competitive with legendary pieces in the same slot.
  4. Gaealiege Active Member

Aye. Rare jewelry shouldn't have an effect that is simply worse than a legendary item that is common. Why are these particular pieces rare if not to suggest higher desirability?

I agree on the Urn of Offering, Estred. That item is dead in the water.
  5. Estred Well-Known Member

\aITEM -2114840891 -140091967:Icon of the Fallen\/a

I have tried using it and it's too much risk. I would rather have it be a clicky and using it would either take a significant portion of my HP (Say 80% and only usable in combat) or each stack would reduce my Healing Recieved by 10%

Either would still achieve the idea of "flirting with death"
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

\aITEM -41665908 1293946008:Keplin's Hardened Earring\/a

Add this to the list, when damaged by Melee Weapon it gains an Increment. This means it stacks exceptionally fast.
    Benefit: +1.5% Critical Bonus for all Raid Members per Increment.
    Drawback: -594 Physical Mitigation on Caster.

It has +6% Mitigation Increase implying this is an item for Fighters. Here is it full stacked.
    Benefit: +15% Critical Bonus for all Raid Members.
    Drawback: -5940 Physical Mitigation.

This item destroys the stat that let's a Fighter fill the Tank Roll. It also only increments on Melee Damage Taken, meaning you have to have Aggro. This item is far to much reduction for it's bonus. To lose 5K Mitigation I would expect this item to grant 75% CB/Potency or something else ridiculous since this item removes the ability to Tank from a Fighter.
    petier and Daalilama like this.
  7. Gaealiege Active Member

I was originally going to include Icon of the Fallen in my initial post, however my group has not obtained it, so I didn't want to post on something I didn't fully understand. It seems like a tank only item, but the effect is focused around the hp of the tank (which you try to keep high rather than low). To fully utilize this item you'd have to risk death 5 times per fight for maximum benefit. That's simply far too demanding of a condition that puts the group at great risk.

If it's intended to operate best on difficult fights, it's still too specific. Even on a fight like Ahrmatal, I'm doing everything I can to make certain the tank doesn't drop below 50% hp. Doing so would be disastrous.
  8. Kuulei Well-Known Member

The fun if this expansion is deciding the pros and cons of items. Also, just because an item has mitigation, doesn't say "tank only". Look at the classes that have discovered that earring, mostly NON TANK as it should be. Finally an expansion that makes one think a bit smarter about accessories.:p
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

The proc is useless to non-tanks as it only procs when they take a melee hit.. which means they have aggro... which, for most challenging content, means the non-tank is a smear on the floor (or will be shortly) unless the tank gets aggro back.
    petier and Estred like this.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

Ok, here is another option of the same type of item.

This item actually has Double Cast Chance on it, totally not intended for a Mage to wear. On hostile Spell-Cast it grants the Raid .5% Maximum HP and reduces the casters Potency by 40. Increments up to 10 times.
    - Does not Trigger on Melee Hit
    - Does not Trigger on Healing Spell
    - Does not Trigger on Damage Recieved

Maximum Benefit: 5% Max HP for the Raid.
    Drawback: -400% Potency on Caster.

So it removes a Mages (T1 or T2 DPS's) Ability to actually do damage. This is a completely balanced item.

I am all for risk v reward items and unconventional stat placements. I want to see more of it and more diverse loot tables. I however want to see some slight incentive to wear Raid Items. It's alright for some items that are really nice to come from rare Heroic Drops. Currently ToV has:
    - Uncommon Drops that are better than Raid Drops
    - A very bias Gemming System that places Heroic Armor above Raid Armor unless you happen to slay Contested Avatars.
    - A slew of unusable Raid Items given how encounters are designed.
    - A lot of things I support and am glad they added to the game such as Non-linear Itemization... though the Tier System is still kicking super strong.

ToV is a step in the right direction, but it's only a step. SOE needs to keep up the diverse loot and expand upon it. Perhaps extremely rare Class-Specific Items could make a comeback for Heroic Zones.
  11. LogosZanta Member

Honestly I am excited to see what is in the last two wings of temple. So far the items found have definitely had more conversation than previous expansions. Had a great healer neck from Grendish for shaman so I am excited to see the future. Something I wasn't excited about last expansion.
    Estred likes this.
  12. Kalika Well-Known Member

The suicidal dps classes are very much annoying, especially since you cannot heal them when they use their clicky (or when the item trigger). We cannot even heal the damage ...
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

That would be the Sacrifical Jun'Rah Heart. It sacrifices 50% HP and makes healing 200% Less Effective (x4 less than normal a 1000 point heal will deal 250) for the benefit of +200% Critical Bonus. If you can deathsave through the Blood for Blood effect, then it's a great item for burst DPS on say an RO for a Bard, but it's a very risky item that is very much noticeable in it's reward. Actually an example of a well done Risk v Reward item.
  14. Kalika Well-Known Member

yes but dps should inform the healer (use a macro or say something in vocal). As far as I know mages like priests to have a second life in their dragon tree ;-)

Necro who announce lifeburn in vocal
    do have almost 100% chance to have no issue, announcing on group chat is less safe, and not announcing is risky.
    Some are stupid enough to lifeburn when tank or me are cursed on the drake/planeshifter encouter. Smart necros are wise enoug to never use lifeburn when tank life is at risk (unless they are sure that their lifeburn will win the figth).
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Correct, if they are using the Jun'Rah Heart the SHOULD be warning their healer that they may need a DI or something, not just clicking it and going "whelp I hope me healer is ready"

Really as stupid as that statement sounded is just how stupid someone is being using such a risk-item without telling anyone that they are.
  16. Yukinoh Active Member

Shissarian Gem Adorned Band reads: "Once per 30 seconds, if one of the caster's allies falls below 5% power and the caster is over 25% power, the caster will transfer 20% of their power to the target.".

This effect does not seem to work. Tested it for minutes at a time with an ally sprinting around grouped with me. Never gave them power once when I was over 80% power the entire time.
  17. Yukinoh Active Member

(Aggroed a number of mobs to make sure we were in combat, if it was meant to be an in combat only effect. Partner was at no mana most of the time.)
    Estred likes this.
  18. Estred Well-Known Member

I've been noticing that too on my enchanter. I've been wearing it for almost 3 weeks now and haven't noticed it. Though I have noticed the Stone of Transferrence, you can get 5 Stacks and have 10% Power Remainig without any power feed (this is 20% CB/Potency for ~30 seconds total duration every 90 seconds).
  19. Gaealiege Active Member

\aITEM -486113809 -2093998323:Shissarian Gem Adorned Band\/a

So we have something people can easily link in game to further their understanding.
  20. Kander Developer

We'll take a look at these.
    Spira, Yukinoh and Feldon like this.