[Wish List] Nights of the Dead!

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Cyliena, Nov 9, 2012.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Heh, even if the pagans get irked (my apologies if they do! love 'em too ;->), the Harry Potter fans would go bananas (for both, come to think on it; could use the witches' hat as the Sorting Hat on a mannikin ;->). Back in WoW, we had a holiday-temp mount of a Rickety Broom that barely got above a walk and a couple feet off the ground, but it was so cool! Everyone wanted it to be made permanent, but I left before hearing if that ever happened. :-(

Uwk
    Cyrrena, Shamus9 and Mortisha like this.
  2. Gnaff Active Member

Flying book house pets and plushies
    Creepy trees (Such as a twisted oak tree "still with its leaves")
    Giant Spider leaper mount
    Giant Bat flying mount
    Insect mounts (Such as a Giant Cricket leaper mount)

Containers of harvested items such as:
    .Barrel of Apples
    .Barrel of Onions
    .Crate of Pumpkins
    .Baskets of Nuts
    .Cart of wood / firewood

Piles of fallen leaves
    Also copies of current ingame trees turned into fall variations
    Cyrrena, Moonpanther, Shamus9 and 2 others like this.
  3. Mortisha Member

I think they would both be a huge hit :) What could be more iconic than a flying broom stick, and a pointy witches hat? hehe :) thanks for the encouragement!
  4. Edelphia Well-Known Member

I'd love to see a ghost house pet, typical sheet with eyes cut out style, that could wander our haunted houses
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

There you go! :)

Cool name by the way... ;->

Uwk
    big Addams Family fan, series and movies (though they had to "up" the shock value a bit for a modern audience... ;->)
    Cyrrena likes this.
  6. Shamus9 Active Member

How does one obtain the swarms of butterflies & fireflies?
    I have never seen the Scare Crow or it's pop-up zombie. Are they avoided because of the startle effect, or because they are annoying?

Mortisha, you are just full of great ideas. I hope some of them are implemented this year! :p
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Shamus9 Active Member

I always loved the Rickety Broom too!!!:p Slow as it was, it was just SO much fun to ride on. When I left (early Cataclysm), it was still temporary.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The swarms of butterflies and fireflies are from Erollisi Day (Valentine's Day holiday), and they're based on recipes; all you need are the books and the candy/love letters to make them. If you have the recipe books, look under "Grassy Knoll" and you'll find 'em. :)

The "Scare"crow is a rare item nowadays; it was literally a very cool looking crow plushie, one of the rare bird ones, and every once in awhile, especially if you came close enough to it, it would flap its wings and boom, the zombie thing would pop up. If you've ever done the Haunted Mansion quest in either Qeynos or Freeport (both triggered by a li'l goblin dude; talk to him long enough, and he'll waive the ticket price for you to check it out), the same zombie thing pops up at the very end of the whole route inside the mansion (basically a 5->6-room Qeynos house) and gives you a heart attack (or nearly) the first time you finish the quest. ;->

The "Scare"crow was the first reward, I think, from doing that, or maybe it was from somewhere else; anyway, it was like way back in 2005 or so, and I don't think it's been offered since that I know of. The best thing about it was the splendid artwork on the plushie, and it was startling the first time, if you didn't know what to expect; it was funny/cute the second or third time, but by the 15th time in a half hour while you're decorating and the house items are getting fiddly, it was REALLY annoying. Since they retired the Crow, other Nights of the Dead items you can buy or get as quest rewards have that property, too, but it isn't always apparent which ones they are. :-/

They're not so much avoided, it's just that if you can figure out which of your NotD decorations are doing it, you usually wind up tossing that into storage, like in the House Vault or in a Moving Crate, or even in the personal Bank. ;->

And yep, Mortisha has great ideas. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Shamus9 like this.
  9. Shamus9 Active Member

Awwww! Valentines Day? That is about 2/3 of a year away, lol!

This will be my first "Nights of the Dead" & everything else will be a first for me as well until Bristlebane Day. I played around on a couple of characters in Winterfell last year, but the game didn't run so good for me then. Some graphics tweaks & a faster CPU fixed that up, now I play as often as I can!

I am definitely anxious to get my hands on the "swarms". I have admired them to no end ever since I saw the first one!:p

I think the crow would scare me badly very often because I would be in a hurry to do something & just forget I had it. I can understand why they get packed away. Someone once sent me an email that appeared to be a classy new car ad right up to where a screeching zombie-faced sort of thing popped up, filling the whole monitor. I literally fell off my computer chair when it happened. :(
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ooh! Nasty prank...was it an ad for something else, or...? :-/

You might be able to find the Grassy Knoll of Butterflies or Fireflies "tiles" on the Broker, but they could be pricey; the limiting factor there would be how much candy/love letters folks still have (if you're anything like me, you have dozens, if not hundreds, since I don't spend them on mounts). ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Shamus9 like this.
  11. Shamus9 Active Member

I decided I couldn't wait for Erollisi Day. I managed to get some Grassy Knolls off the broker for not too much. A few more broker deals, & I will have one of each for all my toons. (And no one gets to use theirs until they all have them!):p
  12. Lera Well-Known Member

My "Scare" crow permanently lives in my moving crate, where it can't summon any zombies.

It's also back - last year, it was added as a reward from the Train to Zone quest, in the hedge maze.
  13. Estred Well-Known Member

SOE has a policy against excessive gore. Those will not be added. I am reviewing these requests seeing if anything fit's into Player Studio. I could make a broken mirror, however I can't make it reflective only look like a busted mirror.

Silver Candelabra is something I could do, I may have to request a Fresnel Map on it unless you want it all dusty and covered in Webs and oddly I would have to request the transparency too.

Skeleton I may be able to do, would take time and not sure if I could complete a good looking one prior to the NoTD deadline.

Hm, for the Freshly Dug Grave would you want a hole or a rounded mound? Holes won't work for tiles but a mound of dirt over a gravestone would work I think.

Most of these suggestions sadly require animations, transparancies or particle effects. Things we can't do for the Player Studio. I'm not promising anything but I can maybe try making something that is close to this list.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I particularly like the Freshly Dug Grave mound idea; we have so many tombstone choices, we could probably just use a rectangular (about 6' long by 2' across equivalent, I think ;->) dirt pile itself, without too many more embellishments (though more shovel options than we have now would be cool!)...with that, we could probably use it for all sorts of other, not necessarily NotD situations (gardens, excavations, etc.). ;->

The Broken Mirror bit could look like any one of several existing (or just suggest it) mirrors in-game, with it lying face down on the floor with broken shards (not too small, if that would take too many triangles) nearby; that way, the reflectivity wouldn't be an issue. ;->

As for the skeleton, one of the funniest bits of the really overlooked Weird Al Yankovic movie UHF was an "ad" for "Plots 'R' Us!" "Are you tired of cut-rate, cheap funeral services for your loved ones?" ::narration over a scene of arms, legs, etc. sticking out of graves at odd angles; not moving or coming out, just not buried well at all:: Granted, the body parts in the scene were all still clothed, but you could do just an arm bone here or a leg bone there (perhaps something to go with the Freshly Dug Grave!), without needing the full effect. ;->

Would it be possible to do a tombstone with a text effect we could enter, like with the Qeynos, etc. Signs? ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.
  15. Estred Well-Known Member

Only if they put the Magic Mouth script on the tombstone. I am working on a Silver Candelabra right now so we will see about the grave.
  16. Feara Well-Known Member

[quote="Gnaff, post: 5931829, member: 313

Containers of harvested items such as:
    .Barrel of Apples
    .Barrel of Onions
    .Crate of Pumpkins
    .Baskets of Nuts
    .Cart of wood / firewood

Piles of fallen leaves
    Also copies of current ingame trees turned into fall variations[/quote]

Love them all.

We have had a Fall like day in July and it has me thinking of the beauty of Fall.

I have an itch to decorate the Guild Hall early.

Fall trees and piles of leaves, purty please.

Some leaf shaped placemats in Autumn colors for tables.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Love them all.

We have had a Fall like day in July and it has me thinking of the beauty of Fall.

I have an itch to decorate the Guild Hall early.

Fall trees and piles of leaves, purty please.

Some leaf shaped placemats in Autumn colors for tables.[/quote]

I can see the various giant "leaf" objects we have now (especially the Greater Faydark stuff) being made in Autumn colors...it wouldn't even take a change of model, just color. ;->

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Feara like this.
  18. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

Forgive me if someone has already requested these items (I might have even mentioned before)...just wanted to post my ideas before I forget but don't have time to read all the old posts. Here are my ideas and I think most would be good year round not just as NoTD items.

* Shutters and/or doors that flap in the wind and creak
    * Windows from Fright Manor house
    * Hedge seeds that have the hand reaching out, ghosts coming out, etc. that you see inside the Hedge Hallow maze.
    * Mailbox that has seen better days but you can use it like a book so you can put messages for visitors (have red flag sticking up with mail sticking out part way.
    * Drippy faucet
    * Stack of books with dust and cobwebs all over them
    * Old rocking chair that actually rocks and creaks
    * Boarded up window that is cracked
    * Cracked mirror
    * Beetles pile that scamper around like in the Haunted House in Freeport/Qeynos
    * Bats that fly away when you get close like in some of the zones (mistmoore castle)
    * a coffin that when you click on it some sort of mummy or zombie or vampire starts to move as the lid opens up slightly
    * Smaller set of cobwebs so we can put them on book shelves, chandeliers, under cabinets, etc.
    * Spider plushie that has animation of it dropping down on a web and wiggles once dropped to a certain point (sort of like when the tinkered autowagon moves a few feet but then returns to its placement spot).
    * Barn owl plushie that turns head and opens one eye to look at you
    * a grave with headstone and a zombie crawls part way out of ground (slowly coming out and slowly going back down into ground)
    * pile of leaves that are blowing around in circle
    * the tree stump at start of Hedge Hollow maze with the glowing red eyes
  19. Tyrus Dracofire Well-Known Member

here one i think we could get a new tile concept.
    a hill shape mound with open grave tile? or freshly dug out holes hill tiles? just like we seen in remote north-west antonica region where those beetles are.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I think those are critter burrows they dug out themselves or co-opted from other critters (that the beetles probably ate...), but yeah, I know the ones you mean! That would be cool. :)

Uwk
    Cyrrena likes this.